Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 175762636465666768 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1350
Like Tree1Likes
    Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence ...

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I've read through the instructions on the wiki several times and I've doctored my other phones successfully. However, I'm running into an issue getting started with Sprint Pre Plus instructions.

Under "Baking tokens into the meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0 script" it says to get the value of W210_FILE out of the meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0 file. I get that value (webosdoctorp101ueu-wr-2.10.jar) and plug it into the next part of the instructions like so:

wget downloads/webosdoctorp101ueu-wr-2.10.jar http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/prepl...eu-wr-2.10.jar

Run that and then I just get a 404. What am I missing? Is there some other part of the URL I need to modify beyond where it says "nameofdoctor"?
    hello and thanks to all those that have figured out how to do this and have provided instructions for the rest of us. also, thanks to all those that have made mistakes, cus i learned alot and solved alot of issues by reading the thread except for this one.......
    Today I used a pre plus (verizon) and my pre - from sprint and created a frankenpre (is that what it is called still?) Anyways, I built the 1.4.5 meta doctor, installed it, couldn't log into profile of any kind, created the 2.1 meta-doctor, installed, still no profile access, bypassed activation, phone works great! data and phone work, i just have no app cataloge, backup, and profile restore possibilites.
    installed impostah, when I try to run the activation to sign in with an existing profile i get "error code PAMS3101 invalid ROMToken build variant" I really have no idea what that means, and was hoping someone has some ideas. also, my sprint prl says 1115, that doesn't seem right either but the phone seems to be working alright. thanks for any and all insight and help

P
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by loopytee View Post
    hello and thanks to all those that have figured out how to do this and have provided instructions for the rest of us. also, thanks to all those that have made mistakes, cus i learned alot and solved alot of issues by reading the thread except for this one.......
    Today I used a pre plus (verizon) and my pre - from sprint and created a frankenpre (is that what it is called still?) Anyways, I built the 1.4.5 meta doctor, installed it, couldn't log into profile of any kind, created the 2.1 meta-doctor, installed, still no profile access, bypassed activation, phone works great! data and phone work, i just have no app cataloge, backup, and profile restore possibilites.
    installed impostah, when I try to run the activation to sign in with an existing profile i get "error code PAMS3101 invalid ROMToken build variant" I really have no idea what that means, and was hoping someone has some ideas. also, my sprint prl says 1115, that doesn't seem right either but the phone seems to be working alright. thanks for any and all insight and help

P
    Invalid ROMToken means that you've created a meta-doctor that the app catalog will not allow.

Please detail the URL of the instructions you followed, and list the exact steps you took. Best is to post a complete log of your session cut and paste from when you first download meta-doctor to include running the doctor on the command line to see it's log output.

We can fix this, but only if you provide complete and excrutiating detail on what you've done. Also include the DMMODEL, DMCARRIER and DMSets output from the Show Properties app.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    ok, and thanks
    here is my current info from "Show Properties"
    DMMODEL P100eww
    DMCARRIER Sprint
    DMSETS {"sets": "312"}

I used the wiki mainly Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS Internals and this thread as support
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...ion-guide.html

I unfortunately closed out the terminal app (mac notebook) and don't seem to be able to find a way to recall a session.
    I started by deleting my previous meta-doctor folder (was using 2.1 on my pre-) and used the meta doctor wiki to start fresh, I used linux heading steps 4-6 (i figured I already had 1-3 from previous) extracted token from pre- with "show" app and sent them to my email address.
    using the sprint pre plus wiki I edited the make file as shown, and then imported the tokens to castle.xml (cut and pasted the "show" file rather then typing everything out" here is what I pasted into castle.xml

<Val name="BATToCH" value="B3A30164B10DB731" action="overwrite"/>
    <Val name="BATToRSP" value="BA063F236DD8A0D054F44F9BF2F7E1C352B7008A" action="overwrite"/>
    <Val name="DMCARRIER" value="Sprint" action="overwrite"/>
    <Val name="DMCLoAUTHNAME" value="160058090" action="overwrite"/>
    <Val name="DMCLoAUTHPW" value="0.7304753917162395" action="overwrite"/>
    <Val name="DMCLoNONCE" value="RGdza0V3dD1LZUtqdnQ2NQ==" action="overwrite"/>
    <Val name="DMMODEL" value="P100EWW" action="overwrite"/>
    <Val name="DMSVRoAUTHPW" value="0.5422248051095514" action="overwrite"/>
    <Val name="DMSVRoNONCE" value="a1JOVFQyTT5OZnRZYE50Rg==" action="overwrite"/>
    <Val name="ModemSN" value="CAEMM98GCL06UB" action="overwrite"/>

swaped com boards (realized my eyes are not as keen as they used to be)

and ran the webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.4.5.jar doctor.

it booted up, said phone is activated, but would not let me log into profile.
    I then used the "Baking tokens into the meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0 script" of the wiki to create the 2.1.0 meta-doctor.
    everything seemed to go pretty smoothly but I was a little unsure of line 7 "CUSTOM_MODEL_LIST=P101EWW CUSTOM_CARRIER_LIST=Verizon" The reference to Verizon since im on sprint, but since i don't really know the in's and out's of what I am doing I just went with it.
    ran the new doctor, used bypass activation from palms(hp) website and the phone works great.
    tried to use imposth to log onto my profile (2.1 from before on my pre-) sends me the error I listed in my previous post. I went to palm on line and looked at my account and it shows that I am using 2.1.

again sorry for no log

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    DMSETS {"sets": "312"}
    That is the problem. You've used REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK. That prevents profile access now.

DMSETS needs two numbers.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    wow that was quick, thanks. do i need to re-doctor it or should I be looking for a way to just change that value?

wow that was quick, thanks. do i need to re-doctor it or should I be looking for a way to just change that value?
    You need to doctor to correct DMSETS.

Make sure you keep all the full logs this time.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That is the problem. You've used REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK. That prevents profile access now.

DMSETS needs two numbers.

-- Rod
    do i need to edit the makefile to replace the "#" that was removed from the carrier check? then build the 2.1 or do i need to start with 1.4.5 and go from there?

re-edited the make file to re- comment out REMOVE CARRIER CHECK placed a # in front built the 1.4.5 as the instructions go. ran the doctor and i was able to activate and log onto profile, when I checked device info it shows the device as a P101EWW . so now I am re-re editing the make file to place a # in front of REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK = 1 If this corrects the problem (i will report back) but the wiki might need to be edited to eliminate that portion of step 2 part 1.

update: this did not change the device listed
    Last edited by loopytee; 07/09/2011 at 11:12 PM.

I just got a Verizon Pre+ and am trying to transfer the com board from my Sprint Pre- and doctor it to WebOS 2.1. Overall, I'm impressed with how easy the meta-doctor is. I used it to bypass activation on the Pre+ so I could back up those tokens as well. However, I'm a bit confused by some of the instructions in the baking tokens into the meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0 section.

Steps 5 and 6 and 7 direct you to edit the last make statement in scripts/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0, saying:
    6. Insert "CUSTOM_XML=castle.xml" after "${ARGS} ". It should read:

Code:
            $make ${ARGS} CUSTOM_XML=castle.xml clobber-build all || exit
    7. Modify the ${ARGS} section and change CUSTOM_MODEL_LIST and CUSTOM_CARRIER_LIST to read:

Code:
            CUSTOM_MODEL_LIST=P101EWW CUSTOM_CARRIER_LIST=Verizon
    but my meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0 has a couple extra lines. The entire last make statement (starting on line 156) reads:
    Code:
    $make ${ARGS} \
    EXTRA_ROOTFS_IPKGS="flash flash-mini-adapter flame" \
    EXTRA_ROOTFS_TARBALL=${FLASH_TARBALL} clobber-build all || exit
    If I understand correctly, the modified statement should read:
    Code:
    $make ${ARGS} \
    CUSTOM_XML=castle.xml \
    and the changes in step 7 should be made in the line beginning: ARGS="${ARGS} on line 81.

I just want to make sure I fully understand what should be done before I continue. If someone can confirm my interpretations as correct, I'd be happy to edit the Wiki entry to clarify things a bit so that the documentation matches the code.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshLitwiller View Post
    I just got a Verizon Pre+ and am trying to transfer the com board from my Sprint Pre- and doctor it to WebOS 2.1. Overall, I'm impressed with how easy the meta-doctor is. I used it to bypass activation on the Pre+ so I could back up those tokens as well. However, I'm a bit confused by some of the instructions in the baking tokens into the meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0 section.

Steps 5 and 6 and 7 direct you to edit the last make statement in scripts/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0, saying:

but my meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0 has a couple extra lines. The entire last make statement (starting on line 156) reads:
    Code:
    $make ${ARGS} \
    If I understand correctly, the modified statement should read:
    Code:
    $make ${ARGS} \
    CUSTOM_XML=castle.xml \
    and the changes in step 7 should be made in the line beginning: ARGS="${ARGS} on line 81.

I just want to make sure I fully understand what should be done before I continue. If someone can confirm my interpretations as correct, I'd be happy to edit the Wiki entry to clarify things a bit so that the documentation matches the code.
    Yep, that looks right. The meta-script was modified to include Flash by default.

-- Rod
    Thanks. I'll update the wiki later today to clarify.
    Well, I guess I'm going to have to ask for help again. I followed the instructions, but when the doctor tries to run, it quits at 4%, the phone reboots, and eventually the doctor tells me that it's not compatible with the phone. Here's the last bit of the log:
    Code:
    Jul 13, 2011 2:48:02 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Finished: Loading Ramdisk

Jul 13, 2011 2:48:02 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: device is in ramdisk as expected

Jul 13, 2011 2:48:03 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: token returned by get_token() is : Sprint

Jul 13, 2011 2:48:03 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: WARING: carrierList on the webOS Dr is : verizon and carrierToken on the device is : sprint

Jul 13, 2011 2:48:12 PM com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomSocketStream waitForReturnCode
    WARNING: Throwing Exception Cmd: file:///sbin/tellbootie
    java.io.IOException: No return code found in stream from file:///sbin/tellbootie
    Jul 13, 2011 2:48:12 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Reboot call complete

Jul 13, 2011 2:48:12 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController postFlashEvent
    WARNING: Flash Failure 
    err -1 "TOKEN MISMATCH: Failed to find match for Carrier information. Prevent user from flashing"
    	at com.palm.nova.installer.core.FlasherThread.run(FlasherThread.java:276)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
    Jul 13, 2011 2:48:12 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController postFlashEvent
    INFO: Flash End time (Fail) 1310586492244
    INFO: Handling TOKEN Mismatch error
    Jul 13, 2011 2:48:12 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController handleTokenFailCase
    WARNING: flashing failed, move to Token failed card
    err -1 "TOKEN MISMATCH: Failed to find match for Carrier information. Prevent user from flashing"
    	at com.palm.nova.installer.core.FlasherThread.run(FlasherThread.java:276)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Your custom doctor file has been created at build/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0/webosdoctorp101ueu-wr-2.1.0.jar
    I did double-check the tokens. I had emailed myself the tokens from both the Sprint Pre and the Verizon Pre+, so I did verify that I used the correct ones. One possible source of the problem: the instructions on the Wiki had more tokens than were exported using the "Com Board Swap" option. I wasn't sure if they'd be important, so I did a full token export and included all the tokens listed on the wiki.

My other theory: When editing the ARGS section in step 7, as directed, I changed CUSTOM_MODEL_LIST from P100EWW to P101EWW and CUSTOM_CARRIER_LIST from Sprint to Verizon. Is this correct? Or is this why I'm getting the line: INFO: WARING: carrierList on the webOS Dr is : verizon and carrierToken on the device is : sprint
    The model and carrier values that you tell the meta-doctor to encode into the created doctor file have to match the tokens on your device.

-- Rod
    ok, I get to ask a dumb question. I swapped board before getting my tokens....(was thinking franken pre2 swap which you didnt have to get tokens for)....so I did the bypass activation and the "show properties" and emailed the file to me. Are those sprint tokens or verizon?

It says "Verizon" next to DMCARRIER but on the actual phone it says "sprint" at the top left and can make calls and receives texts.

If I have to swap the boards back and pull the info off then so be it, was just trying to check before I repeated all that work
    Last edited by 65fastback; 08/03/2011 at 11:31 PM.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    ok, I get to ask a dumb question. I swapped board before getting my tokens....(was thinking franken pre2 swap which you didnt have to get tokens for)....so I did the bypass activation and the "show properties" and emailed the file to me. Are those sprint tokens or verizon?

It says "Verizon" next to DMCARRIER but on the actual phone it says "sprint" at the top left and can make calls and receives texts.

If I have to swap the boards back and pull the info off then so be it, was just trying to check before I repeated all that work
    The tokens are stored in flash memory on the OMAP board. Changing the comms board does not change the tokens.

-- Rod
    Im lost here

First, download the 2.1.0 doctor the meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0 will be using to make the script if you have not already done so. You can find the name of this doctor by opening the meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0 file and checking for this line:
    I have the meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0 file, but there is no "file" to find whatever name I am looking for. Opening the "file" gets me 3 folders: com, meta-inf and resources.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)

Cant get passed these errors^^^^???
    Last edited by 65fastback; 08/04/2011 at 12:37 AM.
    @agentmock

and why do you have to modify the makefile for 1.4.5 but not for 2.1???
    @agentmock