Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16 566162636465666768 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1350
Like Tree1Likes
    Thank you, I can give it a retry tonight. I'm following the wiki steps for "baking in" which is new for me. The setup is a bit unclear, as I'm copying & pasting the commands from that page I'm getting errors as you can see. I've read this thread a a few times and haven't seen much discussion on the baking process. I'll update progress here in the hope of helping someone in the future.
    Will it be possible to activate a previously unactivated (clean ESN) Sprint comm board AFTER it has been installed in the Pre+ or does it need to be activated PRIOR to installation as is the case with a Sprint Frankenpre2?
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Thank you, I can give it a retry tonight. I'm following the wiki steps for "baking in" which is new for me. The setup is a bit unclear, as I'm copying & pasting the commands from that page I'm getting errors as you can see. I've read this thread a a few times and haven't seen much discussion on the baking process. I'll update progress here in the hope of helping someone in the future.
    Ah yeah, I see now. Wonder what system the person who wrote that was working on. But, yeah that section is kind of all over the place. I can try to make it neater tonight or tomorrow.

The Sprint Pre Plus page lists an Activated Sprint Pre as a requirement, so I would assume it would need to be activated first. I know Impostah can activate phones in a specific country that have not been activated before, so it's a question probably best asked in the official Impostah thread or the official How to Get 2.1 on a Pre -/+ thread.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Issues with my profile and logging in after meatdr to 2.1.0 using the meta-sprint-2.1.0 script.

BACKGROUND:
    Sprint Palm pre(-) to a Veizon Palm Pre (+) via comboard swap. Turned it on without baking any tokens and it was working find with the verizon stock image on it. Decided to dr it to be able to put 2.1.0 on it and it needed to show sprint in the device info so I followed the steps from the webos-internals Sprint Pre Plus and baked the tokens.

The problem I get now is when I attempt to sign into my profile, it will not let me, I get a "Sign In Failed... We were unable to sign you in. Contact Palm for help resolving this problem. visit palm.com/support for more information."

Ive already checked my profile on palm.com/profile and it shows 1.4.5 and Ive already verified that backups are disabled and shut off properly from the 1.4.5 version that works. Here is the finished script that I run ...

pastbin . com / U6mZNRU4

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advanced

James
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    My Pre- Went for a swim, and is now dead.

I was planning on doing a com swap from my dead pre- to a Att Pre+, but it looks like i need the tokens from my dead pre-.

Am I boned? Will I be unable to do the swap without them? (provided the com board isn't dead as well)

Thanks,

-duo
    Quote Originally Posted by mpguy84 View Post
    Issues with my profile and logging in after meatdr to 2.1.0 using the meta-sprint-2.1.0 script.

BACKGROUND:
    Sprint Palm pre(-) to a Veizon Palm Pre (+) via comboard swap. Turned it on without baking any tokens and it was working find with the verizon stock image on it. Decided to dr it to be able to put 2.1.0 on it and it needed to show sprint in the device info so I followed the steps from the webos-internals Sprint Pre Plus and baked the tokens.

The problem I get now is when I attempt to sign into my profile, it will not let me, I get a "Sign In Failed... We were unable to sign you in. Contact Palm for help resolving this problem. visit palm.com/support for more information."

Ive already checked my profile on palm.com/profile and it shows 1.4.5 and Ive already verified that backups are disabled and shut off properly from the 1.4.5 version that works. Here is the finished script that I run ...

pastbin . com / U6mZNRU4

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advanced

James
    Check your DMSETS token - I bet it only has one integer value instead of two - remake your doctor using the latest scripts.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by duo31 View Post
    My Pre- Went for a swim, and is now dead.

I was planning on doing a com swap from my dead pre- to a Att Pre+, but it looks like i need the tokens from my dead pre-.

Am I boned? Will I be unable to do the swap without them? (provided the com board isn't dead as well)

Thanks,

-duo
    Seal your phone in a zip seal bag with some desiccant packets. Those are the packets that say "do not eat" on them you get with new electronics, shoes, etc. Their purpose is to absorb moisture. This has worked for me to revive a completely submerged phone.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Last night I swapped the comm board from my wife's beat up, two weeks after launch pre- into a bad esn pre minus that I got on ebay. Everything worked fine and my wife is very happy. Thanks to everyone. But while I was figuring out how to do that I decided to plus my pre. I got a bad esn plus off ebay and I want to get the tokens off it for possible future use before I start the plussing process. My problem is, I can't get past the sign in to my profile screen. How do I get the tokens off this plus if I can't get past that?

EDIT: figured it out. Just doctored the plus with the bypass first use option applied and was able to install show properties and get the tokens. Now to find time to do the plussing.
    Last edited by hankbuddy; 06/10/2011 at 10:18 AM.
    Will it be possible to activate a previously unactivated (clean ESN) Sprint comm board AFTER it has been installed in the Pre+ or does it need to be activated PRIOR to installation as is the case with a Sprint Frankenpre2?
    As long as you transfer all the tokens correctly, it can be activated post conversion.

Also make sure you transfer the sticker under the battery or at least write down the corresponding dec & meid numbers for the device. That way you won't be giving sprint the verizon numbers when you try to activate.
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    As long as you transfer all the tokens correctly, it can be activated post conversion.

Also make sure you transfer the sticker under the battery or at least write down the corresponding dec & meid numbers for the device. That way you won't be giving sprint the verizon numbers when you try to activate.
    Just want to add that if you are going to attempt to use 2.1.1 instead of 1.4.5 you need to have 1.4.5 running first and have the phone activated while 1.4.5 is running. Then follow the wiki from webOS Internals (read it all first and make sure you read the very last part about the PRL).
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    Just want to add that if you are going to attempt to use 2.1.1 instead of 1.4.5 you need to have 1.4.5 running first and have the phone activated while 1.4.5 is running. Then follow the wiki from webOS Internals (read it all first and make sure you read the very last part about the PRL).
    Thanks for the heads up, as I was planning on baking in the tokens with a 2.1 doctor. The 1.4.5 route is easy enough, then upgrade from there after activation. These two bits of info (ability to activate AFTER comm board swap & activating under 1.4.5) just saved me a bunch of hassle! This will be my 3rd one and the part about the sticker and PRL are crucial components as well.
    Thanks for the heads up, as I was planning on baking in the tokens with a 2.1 doctor. The 1.4.5 route is easy enough, then upgrade from there after activation. These two bits of info (ability to activate AFTER comm board swap & activating under 1.4.5) just saved me a bunch of hassle! This will be my 3rd one and the part about the sticker and PRL are crucial components as well.
    Sure, hope it helps. I know when I tried to transfer my daughters Pixi Sprint account to a Pre 2.1.1 nothing worked. Ended up with a phone that would not get past the HP logo. Luckily, I was able to put the phone in recovery mode and Doctor it to 1.4.5. No problems at the Local Sprint store (except they wanted to scan the MEID under the battery). I had to have them type the number in manually.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Check your DMSETS token - I bet it only has one integer value instead of two - remake your doctor using the latest scripts.

-- Rod
    What should the dmsets token look like?
    Like this?
    {"sets":"base","a"}

or like this

"{'sets': 'base'}"

This is how my stuff came from my sprint palm pre from "Show Properties"

<Val name="BATToCH" value="EC5D0A200F030B4A"/>
    <Val name="BATToRSP" value="B3C4624F2FBA2D2D7B64D336CFDCDF1C28F648BA"/>
    <Val name="BToADDR" value="00:1D:FE:52:6CE"/>
    <Val name="DMCARRIER" value="Sprint"/>
    <Val name="DMCLoAUTHNAME" value="156960147"/>
    <Val name="DMCLoAUTHPW" value="0.5071093461835321"/>
    <Val name="DMCLoNONCE" value="RWFRR1NleTtWclVGd2R1aw=="/>
    <Val name="DMMODEL" value="P100EWW"/>
    <Val name="DMSETS" value="{'sets': 'base'}"/>
    <Val name="DMSVRoAUTHPW" value="0.5631409637195722"/>
    <Val name="DMSVRoNONCE" value="elBsQG4/ZEVqOlVYZXFxXg=="/>
    <Val name="HWoRev" value="A"/>
    <Val name="KEYoBRD" value="z"/>
    <Val name="ModemSN" value="CAEMM9AHCL0T39"/>
    <Val name="PN" value="180-10642-15"/>
    <Val name="PRODoID" value="P100EWW"/>
    <Val name="PalmSN" value="P5PE0AL95CJG"/>
    <Val name="ProdSN" value="CAEMA9AHCL01VW"/>
    <Val name="WIFIoADDR" value="00:1D:FE:B7:4D:17"/>
    Last edited by mpguy84; 06/13/2011 at 02:51 PM.
    The former. Your DMSETS is incorrect.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The former. Your DMSETS is incorrect.

-- Rod
    so this one ?

Quote Originally Posted by mpguy84 View Post
    so this one ?

That is what it should be.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    So I followed all the directions here and it all went great - though I kept getting an error during the Doctoring. Even so, I found that the phone worked.

I had stuff to do, so it was a day before I could come back to complete it by reloading 1.4.5 to get my Sprint apps back. That evening I was prompted to install 1.4.5.1 - and without realizing it was Verizon only, I went ahead and did it.

So today, I decided to work through it again to see if I can get it to Doctor with no errors. This went without a hitch this time until I try to set it back up to my Palm Profile. Doh! Palm now thinks I have a Verizon phone and it won't let me connect to my profile anymore!

What is the best way to proceed? It won't be tragic if I lose my apps, etc... Will it work to just remove the device from my account and then set up a new account from the phone?

Thanks for any suggestions!
    Last edited by dkerfoot; 07/04/2011 at 01:05 PM.
    HandSpring Visor Deluxe (with cell phone expansion), Treo 90, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700, Palm Pre
    Well, chatting with Palm and asking them to help wasn't the right answer!

I expected them to not be helpful, but I am pretty sure the jerk actually black listed my serial number/MEID! He was being nice until he talked to his supervisor and then he stopped being helpful.

I tried deleting the phone from my Palm Profile after the chat session ended and it won't let me register it again - tells me to contact Palm...

So, I have ordered another Sprint Pre with a broken screen but clean ESN off ebay and I'll swap that comm board into the Pre Plus and register it.
    HandSpring Visor Deluxe (with cell phone expansion), Treo 90, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700, Palm Pre
    Why would you contact Palm? You voided your warranty the second you undid the screws. If you needed help a better avenue would has been to post logs from the failed doctoring and/or starting from square one. Next time just give a clear picture of the steps you take and log files. Saying there was an error when you ran the doctor isnt good enough.
    Im a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    Why would you contact Palm? You voided your warranty the second you undid the screws. If you needed help a better avenue would has been to post logs from the failed doctoring and/or starting from square one. Next time just give a clear picture of the steps you take and log files. Saying there was an error when you ran the doctor isn't good enough.
    The problem wasn't the error. It was having had my palm profile set to 1.4.5.1 - Verizon. I doubted then and still doubt anyone here could help me with that. When a day elapsed without reply I figured I'd take a chance on getting a helpful tech.

I realize the warranty was voided (indeed it was a 2 year old phone so the warranty had previously lapsed), but as a business owner I often help customer's whose warranty is lapsed or voided. I knew it was a long-shot to try to get them to roll it back - I just didn't expect them to be vindictive about it.