Page 64 of 68 FirstFirst ... 145459606162636465666768 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1350
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #1261  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Note that I always recommend NOT removing the wires from the comms board and transferring comms board and backplate as one unit.

    I've asked for the first post to be updated to say this many times, but the author is not to be found, abandoning the community to forever more support flawed instructions that should have been on a Wiki page where they could easily have been corrected by others.

    -- Rod
    Rod, is there already a wiki page for this procedure? If not, do you have a suggestion on a good place to put it? I can copy/paste with the best of them, with appropriate modifications.
  2. #1262  
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKinsman View Post
    Rod, is there already a wiki page for this procedure? If not, do you have a suggestion on a good place to put it? I can copy/paste with the best of them, with appropriate modifications.
    Yep, it's on the front page of the webosinternals wiki.

    Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS Internals
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  3. #1263  
    I just bought a verizon pre plus on ebay yesterday and I'm attempting to create the modified webos 2.1 doctor for the sprint pre plus. And I don't get very far before experiencing an error this is what I get:
    :~/meta-doctor/downloads$ ls
    webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar webosdoctorp101ueude-wr.jar
    mike@ubuntu:~/meta-doctor/downloads$ make VERSION=2.1.0 DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr unpack
    make: *** No rule to make target `unpack'. Stop.
    mike@ubuntu:~/meta-doctor/downloads$
    mike@ubuntu:~/meta-doctor/downloads$

    I was following the wiki on the Sprint Pre Plus . Could anyone provide me with some assistance? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
  4. #1264  
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeagles36 View Post
    I just bought a verizon pre plus on ebay yesterday and I'm attempting to create the modified webos 2.1 doctor for the sprint pre plus. And I don't get very far before experiencing an error this is what I get:
    :~/meta-doctor/downloads$ ls
    webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar webosdoctorp101ueude-wr.jar
    mike@ubuntu:~/meta-doctor/downloads$ make VERSION=2.1.0 DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr unpack
    make: *** No rule to make target `unpack'. Stop.
    mike@ubuntu:~/meta-doctor/downloads$
    mike@ubuntu:~/meta-doctor/downloads$

    I was following the wiki on the Sprint Pre Plus . Could anyone provide me with some assistance? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
    You are inside the "~/meta-doctor/downloads" directory. Execute the command from the "~/meta-doctor" directory.
  5. #1265  
    I did that also I get this error:
    mike@ubuntu:~$ cd meta-doctor
    mike@ubuntu:~/meta-doctor$ make VERSION=2.1.0 DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr unpack
    mkdir -p downloads
    Please download the correct version of the webOS Doctor .jar file
    and then move it to downloads/webosdoctorp101ueu-wr-2.1.0.jar (i.e. the downloads directory that was just created under the current directory).
    make: *** [downloads/webosdoctorp101ueu-wr-2.1.0.jar] Error 1
    mike@ubuntu:~/meta-doctor$

    I dont know why Im getting this error.
  6. #1266  
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeagles36 View Post
    I did that also I get this error:
    mike@ubuntu:~$ cd meta-doctor
    mike@ubuntu:~/meta-doctor$ make VERSION=2.1.0 DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr unpack
    mkdir -p downloads
    Please download the correct version of the webOS Doctor .jar file
    and then move it to downloads/webosdoctorp101ueu-wr-2.1.0.jar (i.e. the downloads directory that was just created under the current directory).
    make: *** [downloads/webosdoctorp101ueu-wr-2.1.0.jar] Error 1
    mike@ubuntu:~/meta-doctor$

    I dont know why Im getting this error.
    cleared up by Rwhitby
    Last edited by bodyshop; 04/18/2011 at 05:47 PM.
  7. #1267  
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    it appears you do not have root acces. The $ changes to # when you have root access. the $ in your error shows no root. reboot and try from the beginning.
    You do not need to be root to run the meta-doctor.

    His problem is clearly explained in the error message printed.

    -- Rod
  8. #1268  
    I already downloaded the WebOS doctor from the instructions in the wiki. The error is telling me to place the correct version of the WebOS doctor .jar file into another .jar file. This can't be what I have to do is it?
  9. #1269  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You do not need to be root to run the meta-doctor.

    His problem is clearly explained in the error message printed.

    -- Rod
    correct it looks as if he has the wrong version of the Doctor. Or has it in the wrong folder.
  10. #1270  
    wget downloads/webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/prepl...01ueude-wr.jar

    I ran this command and got the doctor. It is in this directory: /meta-doctor/downloads
  11. #1271  
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeagles36 View Post
    wget downloads/webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/prepl...01ueude-wr.jar

    I ran this command and got the doctor. It is in this directory: /meta-doctor/downloads

    The error you received told you to download this doctor:

    webosdoctorp101ueu-wr-2.1.0.jar

    But you downloaded this doctor:

    webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  12. #1272  
    I just copy and paste from the wiki earlier but I think I got it now. I'll find out if it works when I get the pre plus this weekend. Thanks for everyone's help
  13. #1273  
    Where are the tokens stored on the comm board or the omap? I have a sprint and a verizon comm board that I did not pull the tokens from. If I put them on a sprint omap would I be able to get tokens for either?
  14. #1274  
    Quote Originally Posted by fiction1990 View Post
    Where are the tokens stored on the comm board or the omap? I have a sprint and a verizon comm board that I did not pull the tokens from. If I put them on a sprint omap would I be able to get tokens for either?
    If you have the phones they were in you would be better off just putting the comm boards back in and getting the show properties app in preware to get the tokens. Otherwise I don't know how you would get the tokens
  15. #1275  
    Tokens are on the OMAP board.

    IMEI/MEID is on the comms board.

    -- Rod
  16. #1276  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    What I did was instead I pulled the castle.xml file from the wr doctor used to make the Sprint Pre- and inserted my tokens, saving the file to the meta-doctor folder. Then I went to the script and added the custom xml file line. The Wiki page tells you where at the bottom. Then I changed the CUSTOM_MODEL_LIST and CUSTOM_CARRIER_LIST to P101EWW and Verizon respectively.
    Ok, could you clarify a couple things.

    When you say "went to the script", you're talking about the Sprint meta script in the scripts directory? And changing the CUSTOM_MODEL_LIST and CUSTOM_CARRIER_LIST, you're referring to the values in the @ARGS line of the same script? There are a couple settings named similarly in the Makefile and it'll help to clarify.

    I believe I've followed you but it might help someone else later, and if I'm wrong, it'll probably save me some frustration too.
  17. #1277  
    Another question: the Verizon Pre Plus I'm about to use to make a Sprint Plus has a scratched up screen. So instead of just doing a Comm swap, I intend to pull the CPU board out of the Verizon and pop it into the Sprint Pre. It appears that this is essentially the same thing - I'll be running a Verizon Pre Plus with Sprint comm board.

    So besides being a little more challenging disassembly/reassembly, does is there any reason I can't follow the same instructions as a normal COMM swap from a software standpoint?
  18. #1278  
    Quote Originally Posted by wtgreen View Post
    Ok, could you clarify a couple things.

    When you say "went to the script", you're talking about the Sprint meta script in the scripts directory? And changing the CUSTOM_MODEL_LIST and CUSTOM_CARRIER_LIST, you're referring to the values in the @ARGS line of the same script? There are a couple settings named similarly in the Makefile and it'll help to clarify.

    I believe I've followed you but it might help someone else later, and if I'm wrong, it'll probably save me some frustration too.
    Yes, it's fine to just change the values in the Sprint meta-script, no need to do so in the Makefile as well.

    Also, do not download the webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar doctor to pull the castle.xml file from, download the webosdoctorp101ueu-wr-2.1.0.jar doctor because that is what the meta-doctor is currently using. I have changed the wiki to tell users to download the 2.1.0 doctor indicated in the meta-sprint-pre-script at line:

    W210_FILE="webosdoctorp101ueu-wr-2.1.0.jar"
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  19. #1279  
    I just got a Verizon Pre Plus, it works, but the moisture indicators are pink. The keyboard was also missing letters when typing. I took it down to the front half.

    My question is, if I remove the motherboard, this will take with it everything I need to plus my Pre? Memory and RAM?

    I want to get rid of as much water damage as possible. This all has been relatively simple for me, and the motherboard appears to be a simple transfer as well.
  20. #1280  
    The motherboard does contain the flash and ram.

    -- Rod

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions