Page 62 of 68 FirstFirst ... 12 525758596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1350
Like Tree1Likes
    One quick question. After I've gone through this process, the tokens for the Verizon phone are pretty much gone, forever, right? If so it might be a good idea to include a recommendation in the instructions to save the tokens of the pre+ before you overwrite them with the sprint tokens.

Or is there some way to get the verizon tokens back?
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    The front page said that I needed these tokens. They were not available in "Comms Board Swap" in the show properties app:
    Code:
    <Val name="ProdSN" action="overwrite" value="x"/>
    <Val name="WIFIoADDR" action="overwrite" value="x"/>
    <Val name="BToADDR" action="overwrite" value="x"/>
    <Val name="PalmSN" action="overwrite" value="x"/>
    <Val name="PRODoID" action="overwrite" value="x"/>
    <Val name="PN" action="overwrite" value="x"/>
    Wifi, bluetooth, and the PalmSN are a function of the omap board not the comms board. PRODoID depends on what device you are creating.

-- Rod
    One quick question. After I've gone through this process, the tokens for the Verizon phone are pretty much gone, forever, right? If so it might be a good idea to include a recommendation in the instructions to save the tokens of the pre+ before you overwrite them with the sprint tokens.

Or is there some way to get the verizon tokens back?
    I'm sure the official Wiki page says to save all tokens. All other instructions are inferior to the official Wiki. If there is anything missing from the official Wiki, it should be added, not written somewhere else.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Wifi, bluetooth, and the PalmSN are a function of the omap board not the comms board. PRODoID depends on what device you are creating.

-- Rod
    I'm sure the official Wiki page says to save all tokens. All other instructions are inferior to the official Wiki. If there is anything missing from the official Wiki, it should be added, not written somewhere else.

-- Rod
    For both of these issues, the official wiki page and the first post in this thread seem to contain the exact same (or very close to it) text instructions. Which is to say that in both cases above:
    • Neither official wiki nor first post says anything about saving the tokens from the new phone... at least not that I see.
    • Both say to capture the same set of tokens including the ones I listed above.

Also, can I make a recommendation that the instructions (both sets) include some commentary on a "downgrade activation". E.g. after you're done, check if your palm profile says your OS version is 9.9.9 rather than 1.40.50. If it says the former, go get the 1.4.1.1 WebOS doctor, install it then do an OTA upgrade to 1.4.5. If you don't, there will likely be some issues related to apps that you had before that you no longer have.

Thanks for the replies.
    For both of these issues, the official wiki page and the first post in this thread seem to contain the exact same (or very close to it) text instructions. Which is to say that in both cases above:
    • Neither official wiki nor first post says anything about saving the tokens from the new phone... at least not that I see.

Also, can I make a recommendation that the instructions (both sets) include some commentary on a "downgrade activation". E.g. after you're done, check if your palm profile says your OS version is 9.9.9 rather than 1.40.50. If it says the former, go get the 1.4.1.1 WebOS doctor, install it then do an OTA upgrade to 1.4.5. If you don't, there will likely be some issues related to apps that you had before that you no longer have.

Thanks for the replies.
    Anyone can edit the wiki....if it's not clear, edit it so you think it is more clear.
    screwdestiny
    PSN ē Twitter ē Last.FM

Thanks for the replies.
    Please update the Wiki to cover these missing items.

-- Rod
    Please update the Wiki to cover these missing items.

-- Rod
    I added a recommendation to save the stock tokens from the Pre Plus.

I also added a note describing the downgrade activation.

As I don't know which of the tokens really are needed for the second issue, I'll let someone more knowledgeable provide that update.
    I did the conversion from my Sprint Pre to Verizon Pre+, and I was quite exhilarated when everything seemed to work fine, at first…

… until after a little while, I noticed a big problem. The phone tends to lose the connection about once every five minutes or so. The carrier string switches to “phone offline” briefly, the “searching…” then “Sprint.” This cycle, of course, drains the battery very quickly, so now I am only getting 2-3 hours from a full charge.

It does charge fully, though I did double-check my tokens in castle.xml just to make sure. I extracted the tokens using preware “Show Properties” application, which worked great… donation on the way.

Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKinsman View Post
    The phone tends to lose the connection about once every five minutes or so. The carrier string switches to “phone offline” briefly, the “searching…” then “Sprint.” This cycle, of course, drains the battery very quickly, so now I am only getting 2-3 hours from a full charge.
    Is it possible that you didn't reattach the antennas properly? Possibilities:
    1. The two connections are the right locations, but not fully seated
    2. The two connections are crossed
    3. One of the antenna lines got cut

Just a guess. I found re-seating the antennas to be the trickiest part of the procedure.
    Is it possible that you didn't reattach the antennas properly? Possibilities:
    1. The two connections are the right locations, but not fully seated
    2. The two connections are crossed
    3. One of the antenna lines got cut

Just a guess. I found re-seating the antennas to be the trickiest part of the procedure.
    Thanks, mu7efcer. Yeah, that's my suspicion. I certainly hope itís not the third possibility, ďone of the antenna lines got cut.Ē I donít think I'm capable of recovering from that one. I guess Iíll try taking it apart and snapping the comm board in again. Hope I donít break it!
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKinsman View Post
    Thanks, mu7efcer. Yeah, that's my suspicion. I certainly hope itís not the third possibility, ďone of the antenna lines got cut.Ē I donít think I'm capable of recovering from that one. I guess Iíll try taking it apart and snapping the comm board in again. Hope I donít break it!
    Well if the Pre+/Pre2 that you upgraded to was also a CDMA phone, then you could just use the antenna/bracket assembly from the other phone. The sprint & verizon back parts are interchangeable. If the other phone is a GSM phone, then the back parts are not interchangeable, and you're probably screwed. Consider ebaying for a broken CDMA Pre.
    Well if the Pre+/Pre2 that you upgraded to was also a CDMA phone, then you could just use the antenna/bracket assembly from the other phone. The sprint & verizon back parts are interchangeable. If the other phone is a GSM phone, then the back parts are not interchangeable, and you're probably screwed. Consider ebaying for a broken CDMA Pre.
    OK, thanks. I think I'm in much better shape than before, but maybe not completely out of the woods.

When I started removing the comm board, the white wire just fell out. I went ahead and finished removing the comm board, then reseated it, making sure I heard and felt two definite snaps, gave the black wire a gentle push to make sure it was in good, then re-inserted the white wire and made sure it clicked in.

It worked very well for about two hours, until I put it in my pocket. After about 10 minutes there, it started doing it again. Seems to be related to temperature. It got up to 34c when it started doing it again. When it dropped back to 32c, it stopped.

Overall, the connection is much more stable than before.
    RJ, if I were you... I'd look over this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...hit-floor.html

I bought a used Pre on eBay, and the wifi antenna is the only problem with the device. Haven't gotten around to opening it up yet, however... so you've got FAR more experience than when it comes to Pre internals.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    RJ, if I were you... I'd look over this thread...
    Thanks, grndslm, very informarive.
    i have a question concerning comboard swap i did it sucessfully the i ran the orrignal update but i nolonger have data nor a data profile can recieve text but cant send bypassed activation phone connect to sprint but i cant figyre out how to restore data profile user name is blank no settings thereafter could some one please help cant reply to tex but can recieve fine i ran upgrade to novabarley still no data thank you for any help
    could some please help iput my sprint commboard in avzw preplus i put the tokens in it says sprint carrire sprint i upgredad to arriginal firmware to 1.4.5 i hace phone service but no data i turn on data in browser it is not in airplane mode either i go into data settings owners name blank all mblank thereafter i reran 1.4.1.1 again still no data what am i dooing wrong phone connect to sprint it doesnt show 3g could some one please help i cant send tex messages but can recieve wifi works fine no data or data profile showing
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremiah p View Post
    i have a question concerning comboard swap i did it sucessfully the i ran the orrignal update but i nolonger have data nor a data profile can recieve text but cant send bypassed activation phone connect to sprint but i cant figyre out how to restore data profile user name is blank no settings thereafter could some one please help cant reply to tex but can recieve fine i ran upgrade to novabarley still no data thank you for any help

could some please help iput my sprint commboard in avzw preplus i put the tokens in it says sprint carrire sprint i upgredad to arriginal firmware to 1.4.5 i hace phone service but no data i turn on data in browser it is not in airplane mode either i go into data settings owners name blank all mblank thereafter i reran 1.4.1.1 again still no data what am i dooing wrong phone connect to sprint it doesnt show 3g could some one please help i cant send tex messages but can recieve wifi works fine no data or data profile showing
    It would help if you could type complete sentences ...

Did you bypass activation? If so, that's probably why you don't have data. Reset through ##786# (you'll need your MSL for this) or you'll need to re-run a doctor. It needs to go through the normal Sprint activation process and you need to sign into a Palm Profile if you expect to use the phone with data/voice service on Sprint.

This is assuming you have a Sprint Franken Pre Plus that you tried to move up to 2.1.0 - if you're at some other stage trying to recover, you need to be very specific about the exact hardware you've got, all the steps you took to get to where you are now, and where exactly you're trying to get to. I'm a bit confused because you've mentioned novabarley, 1.4.5, and 1.4.1.1 all in a single breath.
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    It would help if you could type complete sentences ...
    Yeah, I've ignored his many PMs and posts here for that very reason.

If someone can't take the time and effort to insert punctuation in their communications, then I'm going to assume they are not going to follow directions precisely either.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Hey, so I swapped my Pre- comm board to a Pre+. I'm trying to run the doctor to get it on Sprint and 2.1.0.

So far, instead of using the official Sprint doctor, I wanted to use the meta-doctor script for the Sprint Pre. I token the Comm Board values from the Show Properties app, c/p'd them in the castle.xml file from webosdoctorp101ueu-wr-2.1.0.jar (this is the one in the Sprint Pre script) and added in a command to use the custom castle xml in the meta-doctor directory.

However, when I run the doctor, it gets to 4% and says the doctor is not compatible with my phone.

Is there anything else in the makefile or script I need to modify like the model? Or if I'm using the script, do I still need to uncomment the Remove Model and Carrier checks?
    screwdestiny
    PSN ē Twitter ē Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Hey, so I swapped my Pre- comm board to a Pre+. I'm trying to run the doctor to get it on Sprint and 2.1.0.

So far, instead of using the official Sprint doctor, I wanted to use the meta-doctor script for the Sprint Pre. I token the Comm Board values from the Show Properties app, c/p'd them in the castle.xml file from webosdoctorp101ueu-wr-2.1.0.jar (this is the one in the Sprint Pre script) and added in a command to use the custom castle xml in the meta-doctor directory.

However, when I run the doctor, it gets to 4% and says the doctor is not compatible with my phone.

Is there anything else in the makefile or script I need to modify like the model? Or if I'm using the script, do I still need to uncomment the Remove Model and Carrier checks?
    You can use CUSTOM_MODEL_LIST and CUSTOM_CARRIER_LIST for this. See the meta-scripts for examples.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals