Page 59 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9 495455565758596061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1350
Like Tree1Likes
    As long as your brother paid his final Sprint Bill and fees associated with breaking his contract (if any), then you should be fine to leave the phone as a Pre+ (better for your friend) & doctor it to 1.4.5 (or even WebOS 2.1 if you're feeling frisky. See instructions here http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ta-doctor.html and here http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/WebOS_2_Upgrade).

He should be able to just activate it on his account. He can even do the activation on-line with the phone's ESN if he is using online account management. As far as Sprint is concerned, it's just a Pre- on their network -- since it's their Comms board in the Verizon phone shell.

If your bro hasn't paid his bill or any ETFs, then Sprint likely put the ESN on the naughty list and it won't activate on Sprint's network until those charges are paid -- that's what is referred to as a Bad ESN -- it means that the phone was associated with an account that has defaulted or is behind in payments.

Hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I got an odd problem I havent seen anywhere .... I plus'd my sprint pre with an att plus and I got it all activated I can make calls etc.... I can do everything EXCEPT send or receive text messages. I get a text saying "You are currently not allowed to use this service. Please contact customer care support Msg 2126." Ive been on the phone with sprint for seems like a whole day (LOL) so Im starting to think its something else on my end.... Any ideas or suggestions? I've triple checked the tokens and used show prop app to get them. I also was able to upgrade to 2.1 successfully but I am currently 1.4.5 till I get this text message issue sorted. Thanks in advance

EDIT: Just got off phone with sprint it was network side as I thought. Upgrading to 2.1 NOW!!!!
    Last edited by Ziplock; 03/13/2011 at 06:39 PM. Reason: problem solved
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I really apologize if this has been asked previously but I looked back till the posts from January and nothing addresses this. With the 2.1 scripts out there can I have my soon-to-be Plussed Pre running 2.1 straight from the start? I've attached what I have showing up and how I got there thus far.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...00001587597172
    Running Homebrew on my Pre, Wii, PSP and DS. The DS ruined the rhyming that was going on there...sigh.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rcgaryk View Post
    I really apologize if this has been asked previously but I looked back till the posts from January and nothing addresses this. With the 2.1 scripts out there can I have my soon-to-be Plussed Pre running 2.1 straight from the start? I've attached what I have showing up and how I got there thus far.

Login | Facebook
    Two other issues I am having is that I cannot find the meta-doctor/build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5/webOS/castle.xml anywhere in any of the files. I am sure I simply have not completely downloaded some file but I don't know what could be missing. I have a number of webOS versions downloaded, Novacmd, etc. I am also getting an error when trying to make the unpack and patch files stating:
    ***No rule to make target 'unpack'. Stop.
    Running Homebrew on my Pre, Wii, PSP and DS. The DS ruined the rhyming that was going on there...sigh.
    hello fellow webOS-heads.. I have a quick question, I am about to run through a comm board swap between my sprint pre- (chuck-norris) & my pre2. I just was curious about the "innards" that actually are transferred during this process. If I am only switching the comm board, is it just the USB portion, hardrive, RAM and processor that is transferred? Or is there other pieces of hardware that are swapped that are on the board?
    tp
    I had my phone "plussed" by webosworld.com - can I metadoctor 2.1 onto this device? Can I just follow the webos-internals wiki for it?
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Ok, so I got my pack/unpack issue fixed, edited the Castle file, got my tokens in, etc. When I run the Meta-Dr it's telling me it cannot restart my device. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by wack0 View Post
    I had my phone "plussed" by webosworld.com - can I metadoctor 2.1 onto this device? Can I just follow the webos-internals wiki for it?
    Yes, just follow the wiki
    Quote Originally Posted by thePretender View Post
    hello fellow webOS-heads.. I have a quick question, I am about to run through a comm board swap between my sprint pre- (chuck-norris) & my pre2. I just was curious about the "innards" that actually are transferred during this process. If I am only switching the comm board, is it just the USB portion, hardrive, RAM and processor that is transferred? Or is there other pieces of hardware that are swapped that are on the board?
    tp
    is your pre2 the unlocked version or verizon version? If it is the unlocked gsm version,you will need to transfer the entire back half of the phone over,if verizon version you just need to swap the comm board.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtimmyc View Post
    is your pre2 the unlocked version or verizon version? If it is the unlocked gsm version,you will need to transfer the entire back half of the phone over,if verizon version you just need to swap the comm board.
    thanks for the response, yep, its an unlocked GSM pre2, so does that mean that I transfer the main processor and hardrive too? (is that included in the back half)
    tp
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    HEEEEEELP!!!!

I don't get what's going wrong. When I simply run DEVICE=pre all-sprint without my tokens I can get the doctor to run completely. However if I try to run the doctor with my edited castle file it keeps telling me it can't restart my device. I would really appreciate any help

EDIT-
    For some reason there's an issue with the .xml file I am importing back into the folder. I am editing the original file in Notepad so it shouldn't be putting any odd wizzywigs in there or anything. The error I am getting is:
    Invalid at the top level of the document. Error processing source 'file://c:cygwin/home/bby606/meta-doctor/build/pre-p1...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
    Last edited by rcgaryk; 03/17/2011 at 12:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by thePretender View Post
    thanks for the response, yep, its an unlocked GSM pre2, so does that mean that I transfer the main processor and hardrive too? (is that included in the back half)
    tp
    No, the only thing you need to swap is the comm board and the plastic back with the antenna pattern. Check the webosinternals sprint pre 2 wiki
    I need Help! Did the conversion last night but get the device is not compatible error when I run Sprint webos doctor.
    In the device setting, on the phone the model number show the PRODSN value , instead of P100EWW. I check the castle.xml and it is fine.
    I'm hoping someone can offer some help -- I go through the plussing process with no major hurdles, but after running the modified doctor, on reboot I get the following very scary screen:

Phone Error
    Your phone is experiencing an error that cannot be resolved.

I had taken a Sprint Pre- 2.1 and swapped the com board into a Verizon Pre Plus 1.4.5. I got the tokens from the Sprint Pre- before the swap.

Please any help is GREATLY appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by dandman8 View Post
    I'm hoping someone can offer some help -- I go through the plussing process with no major hurdles, but after running the modified doctor, on reboot I get the following very scary screen:

Phone Error

I had taken a Sprint Pre- 2.1 and swapped the com board into a Verizon Pre Plus 1.4.5. I got the tokens from the Sprint Pre- before the swap.

Please any help is GREATLY appreciated!
    If you run the doctor on the command line, you see all the console output, which wil give a far less scary error.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    thanks Rod. I have looked, but i'll keep a closer eye on it.

Phone Error

I see where the problems are in the console output, but don't know what I can do about it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

-----runCommand
    $MODEM MODEL=UNKNOWN
    update Modem Updater10
    update Modem Updater15
    update Modem Updater20
    Mar 18, 2011 8:52:36 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Modem Updater: ERROR: Unable to get firmware for modem type UNKNOWN, cannot flash modem.
    com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Customization: $ Going for PRI/PRL update...No modem reset...
    INFO: Customization: $ Open Port /dev/tts/modemdiag Failed!
    INFO: Customization: $ Probing modem.............
    INFO: Customization: DiagListen has problem
    INFO: Customization: ExtendedBuildID cmd code != BUILD_ID_F
    INFO: Customization: Warning: Phone state is Unknown
    com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController handleFailCase
    INFO: something failed, query to see if device is plugged in
    com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController handleFailCase
    INFO: exiting handleFailCase()
    err -1 "Error Updating Modem PRI/PRL!!!"
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.stages.CustomizationStage.run(CustomizationStage.java:144)
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.FlasherThread.run(FlasherThread.java:291)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscoveryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    INFO: got controller
    com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscoveryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    INFO: got devices 1
    com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController runnerFinished
    INFO: device runner done
    com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController runnerFinished
    WARNING: flashing failed, move to failed card
    I did find a similar post here, but no responses:
    forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/253622-pre-plus-wont-turn.html

I'm considering trying the DISABLE_MODEM_UPDATE option in the makefile. Anyone who might know better, let me know your thoughts!

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If you run the doctor on the command line, you see all the console output, which wil give a far less scary error.

-- Rod
    Here's what I got - anyone have any ideas? Searches on this don't turn up very much:

-----runCommand
    $MODEM MODEL=UNKNOWN
    update Modem Updater10
    update Modem Updater15
    update Modem Updater20
    Mar 18, 2011 8:52:36 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Modem Updater: ERROR: Unable to get firmware for modem type UNKNOWN, cannot flash modem.
    Here's what I got - anyone have any ideas? Searches on this don't turn up very much:

-----runCommand
    $MODEM MODEL=UNKNOWN
    update Modem Updater10
    update Modem Updater15
    update Modem Updater20
    I suspect you have not seated the modem correctly, and have a bad connection.

Take it apart and check your connections.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Thanks Rod - and for replying while you're traveling!

I've moved the com board from the Pre- to the Pre+ so many times at this point, and each time I'm successful on the Pre-, but get the same message on the Pre+. Starting to think Pre+ might be physically damaged. I did buy it on eBay as a for parts only auction, but it was just stuck on the ROM screen, which the doctor took care of.

I wasn't able to save the tokens from the Pre+ before doing all this, and now I can't use Verizon meta-doctor. Any ideas?

Thanks again.