Page 58 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8485354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1350
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ASASEABAN View Post
    Finally finished installing webOS 2.1.0 on my Sprint Pre+

So far i'm loving it
    I'd take out the phone number and email address if I were you... we now know where you work.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I have a Pre with a bad 3G antenna. Did not realize this was a hardware issue until after I had doctored it, so I cannot activate it. Is the 3g antenna part of the comms board? If not, is there any way to use novacom to get the token files out of the Pre without it being activated?

I have heard of others using their Pre's off-network strictly as WiFi devices. Is there a way to get it up and running to that stage without first activating with Sprint via the 3G antenna?
    Quote Originally Posted by mdwy62 View Post
    I have a Pre with a bad 3G antenna. Did not realize this was a hardware issue until after I had doctored it, so I cannot activate it. Is the 3g antenna part of the comms board? If not, is there any way to use novacom to get the token files out of the Pre without it being activated?

I have heard of others using their Pre's off-network strictly as WiFi devices. Is there a way to get it up and running to that stage without first activating with Sprint via the 3G antenna?
    The hardware antenna is the yellow tape inside your Pre. YOu can see it when you take off hte battery cover.

If your antenna is bad, plussing your Sprint Pre with a Verizon or AT&T Pre Plus may fix your issue. But if your COMM board is bad, you'll just be moving the problem from one Pre to another Pre.

You may want to look into a Sprint Pre on ebay with a good ESN and maybe a damaged Screen. After the phone is activated you'll only need the comm board so the damaged screen won't matter.

Tim

Tim
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    Nice, do you have the Sprint files like Sprint TV and Navigation working as well.

I've been on the fence on this waiting for the bugs to get all worked out.
    Sprint Navigation won't work on 2.1, according to the webos internals wiki.

Carrier specific apps such as Sprint Navigation and the Verizon hotspot app are not included at this time. Apps that have been tested and are known to install cleanly and work will be added to the custom webOS Doctor for the appropriate device/carrier.
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about

So far i'm loving it
    So did you just run the Sprint install script? I'd imagine that i'd still need to use 1.4.5 to perform the Plus-ing, then hop to 2.1

Tim
    Last edited by bigredgpk; 02/28/2011 at 01:06 PM.
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
    Agreed - I don't know if the lack of EVDO reception is the antenna or the board. Sounds like it is kind of unlikely that a piece of tape would go bad. I'll look into the ebay option. Thanks!
    Also, if you have the equipment protection plan from Sprint you can bring it to a store and they'll swap it out without a question as long as you don't have a major amount of scratches and cracks on your pre (this doesn't include cracks on the sides near the USB door, if you have these cracks sprint will replace the phone).
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
    Does anyone have any advice on getting the remnants of a Sprint Pre+ conversion (the old sprint- shell + VZW comms board) to be recognized by the palm servers as a VZ 1.4.5 device.... I've already tried using Meta-doctor + a VZW WebOS 1.4.5 doctor to overwrite certain obvious tokens such as DMModel = P101EWW, DMCarrier=Verizon, and even the PalmSN of the orginal VZW device (which is now my sprint Pre+ with it's original sprint Pre+ SN). However, even after making these changes and logging in (bypass first activation and log into profile wifi-only), the Palm Profile website (for my backup profile which I'm using on this device) still shows 9.9.9 as the WebOS version.

When I did the original conversion to the Sprint Pre+, I wasn't savvy enough to know how to get past the VZW registration screen to grab ALL of the old VZW tokens.... So I'm thinking there are a couple of the random tokens with just numbers and letters that are still telling the Palm servers it's a sprint phone. Are there other common (not device specific) tokens for VZW I should try to overwrite?

Other than that, I've been successful get this wifi-only 'backup' phone onto WebOS 2.1. I just don't have full App Cat access -- I have many paid apps, but not the ones that get blocked when webos version shows 9.9.9 (such as Angry Birds, Notes, Done!, etc...). I'm probably OK with this as-is, but part of me just wants to get it right!!!

EDIT / UPDATE -- FIXED. Thanks to EdCates who was helping me some over PM. Ed told me that going back to the Verizon WebOSdoctor 1.4.0 (metadoctored to allow bypass activation and first use) finally got me to show as 1.4.0 on Palms Servers... (not sure how much any 'help' from Palm on the back end to loosen the device/OS matching requirements was also involved.)

From there I was able to run the meta-doctor 2.1 script with --wifi-only for VZW to get the device to stick as a 2.1 device on the Palm servers. So now, my Sprint Pre+ conversion remnants are officially my 2.1 backup device. thanks Ed.
    Last edited by greenawayj; 03/07/2011 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Found solution
    On the topic of my issue directly above (#1153), would anyone with a Verizon Pre+ be able to paste in the output of their "Common" Tokens -- the ones that should be the same for everybody... notably for certain:

<Val name="DMCARRIER" value="Verizon"/>
    <Val name="DMMODEL" value="P101EWW"/>
    <Val name="PRODoID" value="P101EWW"/>

I'm fairly sure I used P101EWW for the second two and used "Verizon" for the first (and this was not sufficient for Palm to recognize the device as a VZW Pre+). However, I'm not entirely sure that DMCARRIER should be "Verizon"... maybe it was supposed to be "Verizon Wireless" or "VZW"?

Any of the other tokens that are common to a class of device, and not unique to a specific device? What about all the other DM.... tokens? What about HWoRev? What about PN? Any ideas?

Just checking to try to ensure I cover all my bases.... If I had only thought to figure out how I could get my VZ tokens before doing the swap.... The device was in full boot mode and I just didn't know how to get past the activation screen.

So far i'm loving it
    you might wanna obfuscate your phone # and S/N. just sayin =)
    Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted, counts. - Sign on Einstein's office door
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    On the topic of my issue directly above (#1153), would anyone with a Verizon Pre+ be able to paste in the output of their "Common" Tokens -- the ones that should be the same for everybody... notably for certain:

<Val name="DMCARRIER" value="Verizon"/>
    <Val name="DMMODEL" value="P101EWW"/>
    <Val name="PRODoID" value="P101EWW"/>

I'm fairly sure I used P101EWW for the second two and used "Verizon" for the first (and this was not sufficient for Palm to recognize the device as a VZW Pre+). However, I'm not entirely sure that DMCARRIER should be "Verizon"... maybe it was supposed to be "Verizon Wireless" or "VZW"?

Any of the other tokens that are common to a class of device, and not unique to a specific device? What about all the other DM.... tokens? What about HWoRev? What about PN? Any ideas?

Just checking to try to ensure I cover all my bases.... If I had only thought to figure out how I could get my VZ tokens before doing the swap.... The device was in full boot mode and I just didn't know how to get past the activation screen.
    this help? Last Resort Emergency BootLoader Recovery - WebOS Internals
    Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted, counts. - Sign on Einstein's office door
    Thanks for the info -- I had actually never seen that wiki before. The one new piece of information I found is that PN=180-10724-01 for VZ Pre+.... I was previously not overwriting that token.

Unfortunately after overwriting that one as well, no luck. My FrankenPre- looks and acts like a VZN Pre+, all info on the device info screen reflect Verizon P101EWW but the Palm Profile page still shows the 9.9.9. The only thing I'm doing differently than a usual activation is the Bypass Activation and First Use in the VZ 1.4.5 Dr I built so that I can activate over wifi -- for some reason, I can't build a VZ 1.4.5 doctor that has the wifi profile set up and wifi turned on-- my profiles are there (since I don't have to sign on to my home wifi with a password), but the wifi is always off unless i Bypass first use and activation. Other than that, the other tokens with random #s remain in their sprint versions, but there's nothing I can do about those. (and I didn't think they would be part of the webos version / device check at activation.

Anyway, thanks again. I think I'm giving up -- I can easily get it to WebOS 2.1 and have some fun with that, I just can't get full App Catalog access for those apps that need a real 1.4.5 activation first....

EDIT / UPDATE -- FIXED. Thanks to EdCates who was helping me some over PM. Ed told me that going back to the Verizon WebOSdoctor 1.4.0 (metadoctored to allow bypass activation and first use) finally got me to show as 1.4.0 on Palms Servers... (not sure how much any 'help' from Palm on the back end to loosen the device/OS matching requirements was also involved.)

From there I was able to run the meta-doctor 2.1 script with --wifi-only for VZW to get the device to stick as a 2.1 device on the Palm servers. So now, my Sprint Pre+ conversion remnants are officially my 2.1 backup device. thanks Ed.
    Last edited by greenawayj; 03/07/2011 at 02:39 PM.
    I have done everything in the guide but I cant get the meta doctored jar file to the "hostos" folder. it is set up as the main shared folder but I can t figure out how to transfer files to it.

This is the only thing holding me up from having a sprint pre plus, any help would be greatly appreciated
    I figured it out, had to link the shared folders using sudo mount -t vboxsf
    Quote Originally Posted by djwhitey View Post
    you might wanna obfuscate your phone # and S/N. just sayin =)
    But they can't do anything about your quote.
    I'll join the error club, hopefully this is an easy one. I'm running unbuntu

When I run the make pack command I get this error:
    zip -q -d webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.4.5.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF META-INF/JARKEY.* \
    resources/webOS.tar resources/recoverytool.config )
    zip I/O error: Permission denied
    zip error: Could not create output file (webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.4.5.jar)
    make: *** [build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5/.packed] Error 15
    tsm7001@ubuntu:~/meta-doctor$
    Quote Originally Posted by tmox View Post
    I'll join the error club, hopefully this is an easy one. I'm running unbuntu

When I run the make pack command I get this error:
    zip -q -d webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.4.5.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF META-INF/JARKEY.* \
    resources/webOS.tar resources/recoverytool.config )
    zip I/O error: Permission denied
    zip error: Could not create output file (webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.4.5.jar)
    make: *** [build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5/.packed] Error 15
    tsm7001@ubuntu:~/meta-doctor$
    Post the full log from cloning meta-doctor onwards. Make sure you show where the doctors are downloaded automatically.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Thank you Rod - kiss on cheek;
    I found the error further up the log, nuked it out, followed the instructions in order and shazaam.
    thanks again,
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    I had my pre plussed by webos world. Sirataxero does an amazing job and for a very fair price... You will be amazed by how much better the pre PLUS really is!
    Oh my gosh, I submitted my request to Webosworld on December 29, 2010. I'm still waiting for the go-ahead e-mail. On January 22nd, they said "it looks like there's one customer ahead of you." I'm growing old waiting... very frustrated...
    I plussed my brothers Sprint Pre- for him a few months ago and yesterday he went out and ported his number to Verizon and got the new HTC w/e ... What are my options with this Sprint Pre+ do I have to convert it back into a Pre- to activate it (then do this procedure again) or can I just doctor it and activate it the way it is? I have a friend who I may give it too I just want to make sure I do it correctly.
    "We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes non-work."