Page 57 of 68 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1350
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Oh duh that makes sense. Thank you.
    Meta-doctor was easy, I just read the first post and it was pretty straight forward. I mean you only run a couple commands and edit like 2 files. Show Properties Rocks, Thanks webosinternals. I'm going to get the tokens from the new plus as well to build another doctor and hopefully end up with 2 working phones.
    Be VERY careful when transfering the tokens, I failed to get the final three characters on one of the battery tokens and my phone wouldn't charge. As long as you are careful it will all work out good. I love my Sprint Pre Plus!

Palm m100 => Palm IIIx => Palm Zire 72 => Cingular Treo 650 => Sprint Palm 700p (w/755 ROM) => Sprint Palm 755p => Sprint Palm Centro => Sprint Palm Pre => Sprint FrankenPre Plus => Franken Palm Pre 2 on Sprint w/ working Nav and Sprint TV!

Family lines: Wife => Palm Centro Daughter => Palm Pixi

Living the Palm brand since 1999....and that's gotten me this!?
    RIP Palm OS and WebOS
    Quote Originally Posted by ntjoe View Post
    Be VERY careful when transfering the tokens, I failed to get the final three characters on one of the battery tokens and my phone wouldn't charge.
    That is specifically why you should use the Show Properties app to generate the XML file fragment.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That is specifically why you should use the Show Properties app to generate the XML file fragment.

-- Rod
    Definitely. The first time I did not, and when I did it the second time I used the properties and got it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Oh duh that makes sense. Thank you.
    Meta-doctor was easy, I just read the first post and it was pretty straight forward. I mean you only run a couple commands and edit like 2 files. Show Properties Rocks, Thanks webosinternals. I'm going to get the tokens from the new plus as well to build another doctor and hopefully end up with 2 working phones.
    unless you have an active acount on the second carrier, you'll have to skip first use in order to install preware & show properties. So you'll be making an extra meta-doctor just to get the Tokens, but it's well worth it in the end for 2 working phones.
    The Pre Plus was already signed into a profile, I have got the tokens via Show Properties and emailed them via wifi, so that was pretty easy.
    Now, I'm planning on having 2 working phones when done.
    Would it hurt to swap the Full Tokens File or should I only do the Comms Board Tokens File from Show Properties? I'd like the serial numbers and everything to be swapped over on the devices as well. So, when I'm finished I can go to Show Properties or Device Info and it will reflect the accurate S/N etc if that makes sense.
    I believe there is one token needed that doesn't show up using the comm board token file (may have been corrected in an update, not sure). Email the full tokens file but just use the recommended tokens in the 1st Post & you'll have Two working Pre's. I did it with verizon & Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    I believe there is one token needed that doesn't show up using the comm board token file (may have been corrected in an update, not sure). Email the full tokens file but just use the recommended tokens in the 1st Post & you'll have Two working Pre's. I did it with verizon & Sprint.
    Which token?

-- Rod
    Rod, looking at my question above. Would the <Val name="PalmSN" value="XXXXXXXXXXXX"/> not be important? Also, would swapping the full token lists be okay for what I would like to accomplish.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Which token?

-- Rod
    Rod I was referencing this post thats why i said i believe it was updated.

I used Show Properties 0.2.2. to get the set of Tokens for castle.xml... at the time Show Properties didn't include DMModel so my Pre still partially thought it was a VZW phone
    Sorry not trying to cause any confusion. Read so many post in this thread I just remember reading about one that wasn't included.
    Sprint Pre Plus - Black Silver White Theme 2.1 w/Sconix advanced patches, F102B & SWW
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    the sim card goes on the comm board, the board you are swapping. so it won't be an issue since you will be replacing the board with the sim card for the sprint board without.
    But don't you also have to change the antenna's as well?

I'm guessing the one extra step you would need to do when changing com boards from GSM to CDMA (or reverse) would be to also swap the back frame which holds the antenna's (pictured on the right below)?

Is that correct or would there be more to it?

Yes, always swap the antenna backplate at the same time as the comms board.

Many howto's get that wrong.

-- Rod
    I just wanted to thank the OP and everyone in this thread. By READING I was able to get my Sprint Pre Plus and my Verizon Pre up and going perfectly. It was surprisingly simple. I don't really understand how so many people had issues, ha ha...
    Huge thanks to webOS Internals, especially Rod for his constant advice on the forum. Meta-Doctor and Save/Restore helped make this a painless experience. Donation on the way soon.
    On a side note, right after swapping the comms boards I powered up my new Sprint Pre Plus and it was able to call, text, and had data, all prior to doing any doctoring. Of course I ran the custom meta-doctor after that and wrote the tokens to the Plus, verified it was all good then immediately went with the Sprint 1.4.5 doctor. Finally got my profile all loaded before bed and I'm installing my patches and apps with Preware now thanks to Save/Restore
    Congrats. Feels great that you did it yourself right? Felt like a service tech while I was doing mine...LOL
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I'm about to "Plus" my Sprint Pre minus (more accurately, I'm paying WebOS World guys to do it Can I then "2" my Pre "Plus"?
    Quote Originally Posted by mlawrnce View Post
    I'm about to "Plus" my Sprint Pre minus (more accurately, I'm paying WebOS World guys to do it Can I then "2" my Pre "Plus"?
    If you're asking if you can use your Sprint comms board swapped into your Pre Plus for use in a Pre 2, then the answer is yes. But I would have just "2" 'd your original order because the Pre 3 will be coming soon. And it's a lot more money to buy 2 phones instead of one if you planed on going with the 2 all along.

Realize you need an actual physical Pre Plus phone for the "Plussing"
    And you need an actual physical Pre 2 for the "2"ing

The only thing you are bringing to the game is the comms board of your original Sprint Pre.

Hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    If you're asking if you can use your Sprint comms board swapped into your Pre Plus for use in a Pre 2, then the answer is yes. But I would have just "2" 'd your original order because the Pre 3 will be coming soon. And it's a lot more money to buy 2 phones instead of one if you planed on going with the 2 all along.

Realize you need an actual physical Pre Plus phone for the "Plussing"
    And you need an actual physical Pre 2 for the "2"ing

The only thing you are bringing to the game is the comms board of your original Sprint Pre.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the speedy reply and yes, that is exactly what I'm asking. I just need something to hold me over till the Pre 3 (hoping Sprint carries it) as my Pre minus is just about done and a used Pre Plus was quite a bit cheaper than a used Pre 2. Also I'm hoping the Plus will be better able to run WebOS 2.? than the Pre minus should we be able to Doctor to that version.
    I just completed my Sprint Pre- convertion to Sprint Pre Plus using a Verizon Pre Plus. The instructions was very easy to follow. My only recommendation is use TextPad instead of Notepad to edit Makefile. and Castle.xml...it makes the editing sooo much easier!

Thanks to all the wonderful people on this forum that made this possible. I'm sooo not leaving webOS

The next move is to install webOS 2.1.0. Livinofframen and that Rob Whitby dude is a GENIUS! Everyone here at Precentral and over webOS Internals are just too AWESOME!!!
    Would OP or a mod edit the OP with a link to Move a Pre- to a Pre+ on Sprint - WebOS Internals or at least tell folks to use Show Properties app instead of copying tokens by hand?
    Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted, counts. - Sign on Einstein's office door
    Finally finished installing webOS 2.1.0 on my Sprint Pre+

So far i'm loving it

<<image deleted by moderator>>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 03/06/2011 at 09:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ASASEABAN View Post
    Finally finished installing webOS 2.1.0 on my Sprint Pre+

So far i'm loving it
    Nice, do you have the Sprint files like Sprint TV and Navigation working as well.

I've been on the fence on this waiting for the bugs to get all worked out.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.