Page 56 of 68 FirstFirst ... 646515253545556575859606166 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1350
Like Tree1Likes
    ok thanks. As in my earlier post I was going off the cross platform meta Dr thread that says to get ur MSL first. But I will bypass 1st use & use show properties & see what hapns.
    Thanks anyway. I did the swap after hearing new hardware comes in June. Everything is working perfect. I didn't need the MSL's just the tokens.

I also swapped the keyboards so my phone says sprint on the back plate (not verizon) and the meid's match. I lost one screw for about an hour, drove me crazy. Also the keyboard doesn't use the T5 torx I had to use a philips head eye-glass repair kit (I think) sized driver. The verizon pre- wifi works & I was able to put preware on. Just couldn't make calls since it's not activated.

Overall it was a great learning experience. The meta-doctor was the hardest part for me. The bypass 1st use to get the tokens for verizon, then use wifi to email them was different than the tokens meta-doctor.

I guess the constant glow on the gesture is the phone thinking it still has a button.
    Cant we just replace the board and then back up the tokens from the tmp files and then just upload them to the plus pre?

I also dont have my original sprint pre. So i am stuck with only phone calls and messages. I was not able to activate it so i just did the no activation trick from wiki. However i can say that my phones lasts about 2 and 1/2 days on one charge. No 3g no wifi no Bluetooth. when i turn the wifi on i can see it drain. I hope the new phone from hp will fix that. All i ever wanted was a pre that lasts more then 40 hours on a charge when i dont use it.
    anybody looking to sale there old pre plus ported to sprint?
    Quote Originally Posted by virgiltu View Post
    Cant we just replace the board and then back up the tokens from the tmp files and then just upload them to the plus pre?
    Install the Show Properties app & email the tokens to yourself. Do that first, then swap the boards. You must make a meta-doctor for the phone 1st to overwrite the old token with the new ones. Show properties is in preware. just install preware & use the wifi. If you need a new sprint pre try the marketplace here on precentral or Ebay.
    Quote Originally Posted by virgiltu View Post
    anybody looking to sale there old pre plus ported to sprint?
    if you get a pre- & a pre+ just send it to webOS world they'll swap them for $25 for you.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    Thanks anyway. I did the swap after hearing new hardware comes in June. Everything is working perfect. I didn't need the MSL's just the tokens.

I also swapped the keyboards so my phone says sprint on the back plate (not verizon) and the meid's match. I lost one screw for about an hour, drove me crazy. Also the keyboard doesn't use the T5 torx I had to use a philips head eye-glass repair kit (I think) sized driver. The verizon pre- wifi works & I was able to put preware on. Just couldn't make calls since it's not activated.

Overall it was a great learning experience. The meta-doctor was the hardest part for me. The bypass 1st use to get the tokens for verizon, then use wifi to email them was different than the tokens meta-doctor.

I guess the constant glow on the gesture is the phone thinking it still has a button.
    Oh, so you kept the metal part instead of peeling the keyboard off. I peeled the keyboard off when I did a keyboard swap, and that one still says Verizon but has the keyboard with the orange bits on it. I'm the one with the Youtube video you commented on.
    Quote Originally Posted by ashi View Post
    Oh, so you kept the metal part instead of peeling the keyboard off. I peeled the keyboard off when I did a keyboard swap, and that one still says Verizon but has the keyboard with the orange bits on it. I'm the one with the Youtube video you commented on.
    yes I removed the four screws & swapped the keyboards, so the stickers were swapped as well. I didn't even think to just peel the keyboard sticker from the front & peel the sticker from the back. . . LOL that wouldve saved me some time (an hour searching for the screw I dropped). I too wanted the orange button. Since my verizon plus had double typing & missed key problems, I was afraid I'd have the typing problems on my new Sprint pre plus.

Is it me or does anyone else have a problem with HP using flash for their video format when the Pre & Pre+ doesn't support it? ( sorry to switch the topic, but **** come on wheres the love for it's customer base) With the no 2.0 OTA update for us, that's insane.
    Now that I think about it, my sprint keyboard was hanging off halfway when I did the swap. Never even crossed my mind to just peel it off. But now everything says Sprint. Do you get the typing issues with the verizon keyboard?

also sorry for the misunderstanding about the Comm board staying attached if I'm gonna swap the keyboards too (but now you see what I was saying), we clearly were thinking two different things when I mentioned it.

P.S. Your video was the perfect guide, I felt like a service tech for a while there. They should have a link to it in the original post, I mean that!!!

UPDATE: my camera app loads but I get a black screen. does anyone know of a fix?
    Last edited by bodyshop; 02/12/2011 at 11:56 AM.
    UPDATE: problem solved I guess. It appears to have to do with the battery being low. I rebooted & same problem (batt was at 13%). Once battery was charged to 100%, camera was working fine.

Also I'm running f104 kernel may have had to do with it also, the low batt slow down process.
    Last edited by bodyshop; 02/12/2011 at 12:01 PM.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    My first swap had the keyboard issue, and I swapped keyboards on that one. But I had messed up getting the plastic around the keyboard out, and it would no longer snap in as I had broken it a little. I wound up selling that one, and my second swap had a Verizon keyboard that was fine. I made a few more and sold them on ebay, and decided to make that video once I was comfortable with the process.

I've never run into that camera issue. Weird.
    I have looked through this thread and probably overlooked it. I have a comm board from a pre that I no longer have the omap board for (so no tokens). I just found a plus for a very good price. Can I use the tokens from the ATT plus and switch the esn, model, and s/n to sprint or am I screwed because I dont have the sprint tokens.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Sorry, you are screwed. However, broken Sprint Palm Pres are going for very cheap on ebay. Just check what parts are working and what parts are broken, so you know you'll be able to get the tokens and a working comm board out of it.

I have a few lying around too. I could sell you one and mail it to you and email you the tokens, already extracted. The tokens have to match the comm board, by the way.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Hello everyone,
    Now that the new phones have been announced and they won't be here for months, I've decided that I'm going to attempt to plus my Sprint Pre. However, I can't seem to find any good Pre+ phones for a reasonable price.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I might get a reasonably priced AT&T or Verizon Pre Plus?

Also, what have you guys been paying for your Pre Pluses and where have you been getting them?

eBay seems to be devoid of any bad ESN phones and all the reasonably priced phones (~$50) are in crappy condition. I've kept very good care of my Sprint Pre and am trying to get a Pre+ that is in similar condition. The ones that I find that seem to be in similar condition are way too expensive to make the conversion worth it ($100+).

All help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT1345 View Post
    Hello everyone,
    Now that the new phones have been announced and they won't be here for months, I've decided that I'm going to attempt to plus my Sprint Pre. However, I can't seem to find any good Pre+ phones for a reasonable price.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I might get a reasonably priced AT&T or Verizon Pre Plus?

Also, what have you guys been paying for your Pre Pluses and where have you been getting them?

eBay seems to be devoid of any bad ESN phones and all the reasonably priced phones (~$50) are in crappy condition. I've kept very good care of my Sprint Pre and am trying to get a Pre+ that is in similar condition. The ones that I find that seem to be in similar condition are way too expensive to make the conversion worth it ($100+).

All help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin
    Ebay is where i got mine. $80 I bid on it for up to $95 but nobody else bid after it got to $80. i figure if insurance charges me $100 for a replacement pre-, then i can afford $100 if need be on a Pre+.

Here is one $75

PRE PLUS
    Last edited by bodyshop; 02/12/2011 at 02:51 PM.
    Sprint Pre Plus - Black Silver White Theme 2.1 w/Sconix advanced patches, F102B & SWW
    So I've built my doctor, surprised how simple meta-doctor was. I'm getting ready to purchase my Plus for the swap, and the OP states Verizon or AT&T Pre Plus is okay. So is the AT&T Pre Plus having a sim card not an issue since Sprint doesn't? How does that work?
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    So I've built my doctor, surprised how simple meta-doctor was. I'm getting ready to purchase my Plus for the swap, and the OP states Verizon or AT&T Pre Plus is okay. So is the AT&T Pre Plus having a sim card not an issue since Sprint doesn't? How does that work?
    the sim card goes on the comm board, the board you are swapping. so it won't be an issue since you will be replacing the board with the sim card for the sprint board without.
    Also meta doctor isn't that simple. Make sure you have all the needed tokens before you start.
    Also meta doctor isn't that simple. Make sure you have all the needed tokens before you start.
    "Simple" is a relative term. It's a lot simpler than doing all the steps manually ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    the sim card goes on the comm board, the board you are swapping. so it won't be an issue since you will be replacing the board with the sim card for the sprint board without.
    Oh duh that makes sense. Thank you.
    Meta-doctor was easy, I just read the first post and it was pretty straight forward. I mean you only run a couple commands and edit like 2 files. Show Properties Rocks, Thanks webosinternals. I'm going to get the tokens from the new plus as well to build another doctor and hopefully end up with 2 working phones.