Page 55 of 68 FirstFirst ... 545505152535455565758596065 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1350
Like Tree1Likes
    thank you, OLD_HATCH
    I knew I was missing a step or something. I wasn't plugged into the computer via cable while I was trying the power button & volume key. This should help out a bunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon2721 View Post
    Tip for no internet connection when activating phone

if anyone has had trouble activating a phone with it saying it must be connected to the sprint system... here you go. [ no EVDO icon in top right-hand screen ]

I just had this issue and found out how to reset the phone from the activation app screen. "via sprint customer care"

Hold down the [shift/orange] key and press the # key twice.
    this will bring up the phone app for you.
    from here you will enter in to the phone: 786#
    this will bring up a screen with the phones settings
    scroll down to the bottom and press the reset icon/button

after doing this the phone will begin to reset for you. after it loads you should see the EVDO icon appear again in the top right-hand screen.

hope this helps someone if needed down the road
    Trying to do the ##786# and reset but it asks me for the msl - where do i get that?
    Quote Originally Posted by wack0 View Post
    Trying to do the ##786# and reset but it asks me for the msl - where do i get that?
    Sprint customer service

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Sprint customer service

thanks for answering my ******** question
    thanks for answering my ******** question
    Lol it wasn't ******** not everyone knows

Did you already activate the phone? If you did it online, then Sprint should've already sent you an email with that information. If you're trying to reactivate an existing phone (you took the comm board from a currently activated phone), then you'll need to either get the info from a CSR (do a search for tips on what to say), or I think you may also be able to use the "Device Info", "Reset Options", "Full Erase" to achieve the same result.
    If I sent you my Pre and a pre plus would you be willing to do it for me?
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    If I sent you my Pre and a pre plus would you be willing to do it for me?
    Visit here and they'll do just that for you:

WebOS World Sprint Pre “Plussing” Service Now Available. Sign up Now! WebOS World
    Anyone try the plussing service?

I'm pretty new and I may consider having someone do it for me, mostly because I'm new to the software. It looks pretty straight forward and easy, though as I'm new to the software I don't want to make a noob mistake and brick something. Having a Pre + is definitely more appealing than the Pre - that is supposed to be arriving at my house in a day or so. My tax money will be here soon so I wouldn't be too worried about the money.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SNYPE2K11 View Post
    Anyone try the plussing service?

I'm pretty new and I may consider having someone do it for me, mostly because I'm new to the software. It looks pretty straight forward and easy, though as I'm new to the software I don't want to make a noob mistake and brick something. Having a Pre + is definitely more appealing than the Pre - that is supposed to be arriving at my house in a day or so. My tax money will be here soon so I wouldn't be too worried about the money.
    I did the swap myself and will tell you it's not super easy, but if you have moderate computer and phone disassemble skills. I was willing to try it because I bougt and extra sprint pre as the comm board donor, so my original was never at risk.

However, everything I have head about the plussing service offered has been great. If you have the slightest doubt I'd send it in.

I also did it myself because by the time both pres came in, I was rushed to get it done before Sprint put the $10 fee into place for smartphone esn swaps.
    I had my pre plussed by webos world. Sirataxero does an amazing job and for a very fair price... You will be amazed by how much better the pre PLUS really is!
    SirataXero knows what he is doing, with both the hardware modifications and usage of my WebOS Internals Meta-Doctor software.

-- Rod
    OK this may sound DUMB but according to the Cross-Platform Meta-Doctor Guide it reads "1. If you plan on using a CDMA phone and would like to use your carrier, it might be best if you call them in order to get your MSL." I want to have to functioning phones, so how would i get the MSL for Verizon If i don't have a Verizon account? I called and got the Sprint MSL already.

Also The link to download Ubuntu 9.10 takes me to Ubuntu 10.10.
    Is the version ok to use or should i only use Ubuntu 9.10?
    I know this thread was out before the newer version came out probably.
    Last edited by bodyshop; 02/05/2011 at 04:10 PM.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    OK this may sound DUMB but according to the Cross-Platform Meta-Doctor Guide it reads "1. If you plan on using a CDMA phone and would like to use your carrier, it might be best if you call them in order to get your MSL." I want to have to functioning phones, so how would i get the MSL for Verizon If i don't have a Verizon account? I called and got the Sprint MSL already.

I can't answer your question about the Verizon MSL, however if you are trying to create a Sprint Pre Plus, you don't have to have the Verizon MSL. However if there is a benefit, I'm sure someone else will point it out here.

In the case of Ununtu, 10.10 is what I used when I did my Plussing a few weeks ago, so no problems. The steps outline here are exactly what I followed using 10.10. I actually dragged an old P4 with 512 MB ram out of the closet and installed it on it (clean install, not in a virtual box or dual boot). It runs great and I've decided to keep it around as a backup.

Palm m100 => Palm IIIx => Palm Zire 72 => Cingular Treo 650 => Sprint Palm 700p (w/755 ROM) => Sprint Palm 755p => Sprint Palm Centro => Sprint Palm Pre => Sprint FrankenPre Plus => Franken Palm Pre 2 on Sprint w/ working Nav and Sprint TV!

Family lines: Wife => Palm Centro Daughter => Palm Pixi

Living the Palm brand since 1999....and that's gotten me this!?
    RIP Palm OS and WebOS
    Yes, I believe the Sprint tokens and board only require the Sprint msl.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by ntjoe View Post
    I can't answer your question about the Verizon MSL, however if you are trying to create a Sprint Pre Plus, you don't have to have the Verizon MSL. However if there is a benefit, I'm sure someone else will point it out here.

In the case of Ununtu, 10.10 is what I used when I did my Plussing a few weeks ago, so no problems. The steps outline here are exactly what I followed using 10.10. I actually dragged an old P4 with 512 MB ram out of the closet and installed it on it (clean install, not in a virtual box or dual boot). It runs great and I've decided to keep it around as a backup.
    I'm pretty much set with the sprint pre- but I also want a fully functioning verizon pre minus. I keep reading that with a clean Verizon ESN you can have two functioning phones when done. Some people even sell their verizon pre- here on P|C. Also webos world returns both ready to activate (if the ESN's are clean). So I figured since I paid for it why not have it working, plus I have a few family members on verizon (blackberry's... ).

I've read online that verizon uses 000000 for all MSL. Can anyone confirm that to be true?

I'd like to do this myself, but it looks like I may be sending them to WebOs World without a way to get the Verizon MSL.

There are a few differences between 9.10 and 10.10.

Namely, the aptitude install command has different package names (some of which aren't actually required at all, but are just standard by my habits), and I think the modprobe command in 10.10 requires to load a module with a slightly different name.

I should probly update that and then just link to the same ISO. Newer versions definitely just cause problems for supporting issues like these.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    There are a few differences between 9.10 and 10.10.

Namely, the aptitude install command has different package names (some of which aren't actually required at all, but are just standard by my habits), and I think the modprobe command in 10.10 requires to load a module with a slightly different name.

I should probly update that and then just link to the same ISO. Newer versions definitely just cause problems for supporting issues like these.
    I used 10.10 and was able to follow the directions pretty much spot on. Actually the more I think about it there was one command I tried and I had to install something but it pretty much walked me through it. I am by no means a Linux user, but with moderate PC skills it was pretty simple.

Palm m100 => Palm IIIx => Palm Zire 72 => Cingular Treo 650 => Sprint Palm 700p (w/755 ROM) => Sprint Palm 755p => Sprint Palm Centro => Sprint Palm Pre => Sprint FrankenPre Plus => Franken Palm Pre 2 on Sprint w/ working Nav and Sprint TV!

Family lines: Wife => Palm Centro Daughter => Palm Pixi

Living the Palm brand since 1999....and that's gotten me this!?
    RIP Palm OS and WebOS
    can anyone help me with the verizon MSL issue. I'm sure someone had to make the verizon pre- fuctional also. I just wanna know how you get the MSL if you don't have a verizon account? If verizon uses 000000 for MSL or if you even need the verizon MSL? If just bypassing 1st use, installing show properties to get the tokens is good enough or not.
    can anyone help me with the verizon MSL issue. I'm sure someone had to make the verizon pre- fuctional also. I just wanna know how you get the MSL if you don't have a verizon account? If verizon uses 000000 for MSL or if you even need the verizon MSL? If just bypassing 1st use, installing show properties to get the tokens is good enough or not.
    I'm not sure under what context you need the MSL and a CSR wouldn't give that info to you. On Sprint, if you activate the phone online, they'll immediately show you the MSL info (and email you a copy). I've rebuilt my leftover parts as both an AT&T Pre Minus and a Verizon Pre Minus, but only as developer phones - none have been activated on those respective networks in my case.

For sure, you can bypass first use, install Show Properties, and you'll be able to get a backup of all the tokens - and this should be completed from the original phones before you do any disassembly. From there, if you doctor the Verizon Pre Minus properly, it will become a Verizon phone. As long as you provide the correct ESN number to Verizon (the one corresponding to the comm board), then they shouldn't have any issue activating it.