Page 54 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4 444950515253545556575859 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1350
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ntjoe View Post
    OK, I've got it up and to the activation screen, and I get an Activation Error and it says "You may need to activate your phone by going to. " then it lists my ESN, which is correct. I can tap to place a call, key in ##786# and go to the Reverse Logistics Support screen, and it shows P100EWW, and all the other token info showing is correct. Yet I don't get the EV icon. I used the Verizon antenna portion since it was CDMA. Could this be a problem?
    Just to be clear, when you say "used the Verizon antenna portion", do you mean you used the back frame which includes the ends of two wires? If so, then that's fine.

After using ##786#, did you do a full reset? After it does that it will activate the voice portion pretty quickly, but it can take a little while before the data activates. Just let it sit there and it will eventually activate.

I just did this recently and I haven't quite figured out the most efficient way to get the phone activated. Each time, I've had to use the ##786# reset to completely erase the activation data and let it reboot and re-activate. The instructions say you may need to wait up to an hour for data to activate, but I think it was within 20 minutes for my last two tries (but only after the ##786# reset).

Does anyone know what state you should have the old phone and the new phone for that very last step in the Sprint self-activation? Should the both be turned on and fully booted before you do the activation switch? Or should only the old phone be on and the new phone off? or should the old phone be off and the new phone on? or should both be turned off? I'd rather not have to resort to using the ##786# reset since it erases everything - in the case of reactivating my Android line, that forced me to reinstall all the apps.
    I had activated the esn once before when I got it in, set up a new profile, then switched back to my old pre until the pre plus came in.

I called Sprint and it did the same thing, even with them trying to do the activation. I have not done the WebOS Doctor to get all the sprint apps back...as the directions said to get in after the meta doctor to validate settings in device info.

Any ideas?
    This sounds like you only did one doctor? The one that transfers the tokens over? If so, you need to do the stock Sprint doctor before you try to reactivate.
    Hmm, tried that and got the same error. Sprint was able to get it where I can make calls by manually entering the number and MSID, but I get no EVDO signal so I can't activate the phone. When I use the link you suggested, I reset the phone, and it did the same thing. When I go back into the screen to check the MSID, its all gone, so I reentered it. It searches and finds Sprint, but no EV icon.

I'm stumped....
    I'd go ahead and doctor your phone with a stock sprint doctor at this point, I don't think it could hurt.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    Just to be clear, when you say "used the Verizon antenna portion", do you mean you used the back frame which includes the ends of two wires? If so, then that's fine.

After using ##786#, did you do a full reset? After it does that it will activate the voice portion pretty quickly, but it can take a little while before the data activates. Just let it sit there and it will eventually activate.

I just did this recently and I haven't quite figured out the most efficient way to get the phone activated. Each time, I've had to use the ##786# reset to completely erase the activation data and let it reboot and re-activate. The instructions say you may need to wait up to an hour for data to activate, but I think it was within 20 minutes for my last two tries (but only after the ##786# reset).

Does anyone know what state you should have the old phone and the new phone for that very last step in the Sprint self-activation? Should the both be turned on and fully booted before you do the activation switch? Or should only the old phone be on and the new phone off? or should the old phone be off and the new phone on? or should both be turned off? I'd rather not have to resort to using the ##786# reset since it erases everything - in the case of reactivating my Android line, that forced me to reinstall all the apps.
    Yes I did a full reset. I am able to make voice calls by going to emergency call, clearing 911, then dialing a number. I'm going to give it a little bit here and see if it comes on on its own.

I did use the verizon back portion and I get a good signal on the phone side, just nothing on EVDO. I've never seen it do this before. I did the meta doctor on the pre plus, then activated the ESN on sprints website, then ran into all this. I had my old pre on, but in airplane mode, and have since turned it off.

Palm m100 => Palm IIIx => Palm Zire 72 => Cingular Treo 650 => Sprint Palm 700p (w/755 ROM) => Sprint Palm 755p => Sprint Palm Centro => Sprint Palm Pre => Sprint FrankenPre Plus => Franken Palm Pre 2 on Sprint w/ working Nav and Sprint TV!

Family lines: Wife => Palm Centro Daughter => Palm Pixi

Living the Palm brand since 1999....and that's gotten me this!?
    RIP Palm OS and WebOS
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by runtimmyc View Post
    I'd go ahead and doctor your phone with a stock sprint doctor at this point, I don't think it could hurt.
    I'm on it...cross your fingers

Palm m100 => Palm IIIx => Palm Zire 72 => Cingular Treo 650 => Sprint Palm 700p (w/755 ROM) => Sprint Palm 755p => Sprint Palm Centro => Sprint Palm Pre => Sprint FrankenPre Plus => Franken Palm Pre 2 on Sprint w/ working Nav and Sprint TV!

RIP Palm OS and WebOS
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    This sounds like you only did one doctor? The one that transfers the tokens over? If so, you need to do the stock Sprint doctor before you try to reactivate.
    Yes I only did the first doctor. The reason I tried to activate and see was Step 5 says to try it and go into device info in the WebOS menu, then if all that works, then to run the standard Sprint doctor in Step 6.

I am at 24% right now, so I'm optimistic!

RIP Palm OS and WebOS
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    HUUURAHHHH! That did it! Thanks everyone! Its got an EV signal and just activated.

RIP Palm OS and WebOS
    Yes I only did the first doctor. The reason I tried to activate and see was Step 5 says to try it and go into device info in the WebOS menu, then if all that works, then to run the standard Sprint doctor in Step 6.

I am at 24% right now, so I'm optimistic!
    It's more of an unaffiliated phone after the first doctor - that's why you see all the various languages that are selectable. You have to run the second doctor to turn it back into an official Sprint phone.
    HUUURAHHHH! That did it! Thanks everyone! Its got an EV signal and just activated.
    Yay! Congrats!
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    It's more of an unaffiliated phone after the first doctor - that's why you see all the various languages that are selectable. You have to run the second doctor to turn it back into an official Sprint phone.
    I can see the value in sending the phones in to be done. While the intructions are great and I personally am glad I did it myself, it can be a mess for someone without patience or an extra phone

At any rate, thank you all for help. I greatly appreciate all the effort! Now to go donate....

RIP Palm OS and WebOS
    I'm going to consider doing this if there aren't better options announced on Feb 9th. I got my Pre- for $75 (still waiting on it to arrive though) if I can get the Pre+ brand new for about $100 after I get my college loans I'll probably upgrade it. Considering I've put together laptop displays this looks like a pretty simple mod. I've gotta get used to the software first as I've never used a doctor (since I don't have my handset yet) so it'll be on the back burner for a bit. Even so, great tut and I'll make sure I put it to use if Sprint doesn't get a beefier offering.
    Edit: wrong thread
    If one does this during the first step

"The simplest way to get these tokens is to install "Show Properties" using Preware, and have the system email you a castle.xml file directly. "

Can they just use the emailed xml file instead of editing one and changing all the values?
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

it makes it easier since you can copy and paste directly into the castle xml. Less mistakes than just looking at the tokens with internaz and copying yourself.

to the previous poster.

I bought a bad esn verizon pre plus off ebay for about 28 shipped 4 months ago. You should be able to do the same.
    Just another quick question. If my sprint palm pre has a crack and I buy one with a bad esn can I put my current comm board in the bad esn pre and get it to work?
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    If one does this during the first step

"The simplest way to get these tokens is to install "Show Properties" using Preware, and have the system email you a castle.xml file directly. "

Can they just use the emailed xml file instead of editing one and changing all the values?
    No, the email xml file is a subset of the entire file. It still needs to be pasted into the correct spot.

Just another quick question. If my sprint palm pre has a crack and I buy one with a bad esn can I put my current comm board in the bad esn pre and get it to work?
    You have to transfer both the memory board and the comm board if you are trying to avoid any software work.
    yes, ur using it for parts, so esn doesn't matter if ur modyfied doctoring it.
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Yes, that is exactly what I did.
    I'm having trouble forcing my phone into USB mode. The phone is sitting on the set-up screen for setting up the profile. Is it not possible for this to work when the phone at the set-up screen
    plug it into the computer via usb cord, power off, hold the volume up button, push the power button and hold. After 5-10 seconds a big usb icon should appear on screen.