Page 53 of 68 FirstFirst ... 343484950515253545556575863 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1350
Like Tree1Likes
    looked at the profile an says 9.9.9. What does that mean?

really doctoring back to 1.4 then over air update?

yes, typing on the crappy keyboard right now.

es t
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    looked at the profile an says 9.9.9. What does that mean?

really doctoring back to 1.4 then over air update?

yes, typing on the crappy keyboard right now.

es t
    We believe that 9.9.9 means your phone presented a firmware/carrier combination to the Palm servers which is not a valid public combination.

Yes, doctoring to a version less than 1.4.5, and then OTA update to 1.4.5, is the only known solution.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Thank both of you.

I'm off to swap keyboards n doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    Some tokens are the same, but most of them are different and you will need to pull the tokens from the phone that is the source of the comm board. Using the "Show Properties" app with the "Generate Tokens File", "Comms Board Swap" option is probably the easiest way to get and identify the exact tokens you need to complete the swap properly. I'd also save a copy of the "Full" tokens list just for safekeeping.
    looks like the playing it safe game is over for me now..

what happened:
    Sunday i was playing with some experimental kernel's (SR71 Blackbird) and my phone did not boot-up. "like the warning said was possible"

I was able to get the phone back up and running after about 8hrs of playing with. The issue I was left with after hurting my poor Pre- was that it seems as if I fried my sound card or something. I'm not able to play any music (music/apps) or videos (video/apps). They don't load completely or it looks like its going to start loading but spins.

The question I have:

Like I asked before in the previous question with the comms card. Would I damage anything by with placing the comms card from my "broken daily phone" into the donor sprint phone?
    The donor sprint phone seems to be broken as well. I haven't been able to activate it on sprints system. When I try to call customer care from the donor phone there is also no sound.

Basically what I'm after is, can I make a usable daily phone from the 2 broken sprint phones?
    Again, everything is working on my phone with the exception of sound.
    phone call work but no sound with speaker phone or ear piece.
    no sound for music,video,phone,navigation and so on...

any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.
    I may just end up on buying another pre- on eBay as a simple fix.

Thank you, Jon
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon2721 View Post
    looks like the playing it safe game is over for me now..

what happened:
    Sunday i was playing with some experimental kernel's (SR71 Blackbird) and my phone did not boot-up. "like the warning said was possible"

I was able to get the phone back up and running after about 8hrs of playing with. The issue I was left with after hurting my poor Pre- was that it seems as if I fried my sound card or something. I'm not able to play any music (music/apps) or videos (video/apps). They don't load completely or it looks like its going to start loading but spins.

The question I have:

Like I asked before in the previous question with the comms card. Would I damage anything by with placing the comms card from my "broken daily phone" into the donor sprint phone?
    The donor sprint phone seems to be broken as well. I haven't been able to activate it on sprints system. When I try to call customer care from the donor phone there is also no sound.

Basically what I'm after is, can I make a usable daily phone from the 2 broken sprint phones?
    Again, everything is working on my phone with the exception of sound.
    phone call work but no sound with speaker phone or ear piece.
    no sound for music,video,phone,navigation and so on...

any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.
    I may just end up on buying another pre- on eBay as a simple fix.

Thank you, Jon
    Did you do any disassembly of your original Pre? If so, maybe you reassembled with the battery pull tab still inside/under the cover? If that's not it, do you know if you still get audio through bluetooth? If you do, then maybe it's just a blown speaker. For a blown speaker, you can try transplanting just that back panel which contains the two cables and the speaker and the headphone jack. Just take care to disassemble the volume ribbon cable carefully by first popping out the volume rocker cover and then peeling the volume sensors off the plastic.

Good luck with the repairs!
    Did you do any disassembly of your original Pre? If so, maybe you reassembled with the battery pull tab still inside/under the cover?
    I made that mistake - once!! I was messing with settings and the audiojack / bluetooth for about 90 minutes until I finally opened it up to pull the battery and realized my ooops!!
    Did you do any disassembly of your original Pre? If so, maybe you reassembled with the battery pull tab still inside/under the cover? If that's not it, do you know if you still get audio through bluetooth? If you do, then maybe it's just a blown speaker. For a blown speaker, you can try transplanting just that back panel which contains the two cables and the speaker and the headphone jack. Just take care to disassemble the volume ribbon cable carefully by first popping out the volume rocker cover and then peeling the volume sensors off the plastic.

Good luck with the repairs!
    no I never took apart my original phone. I also tried both the bluetooth option and using the headphones as well. neither of these work out for me. I just found another replacement for $35, so everything should be good now. Now that a I have 2 donor sprint phones ( total 4 phone in all w/verizon ) I can just go ahead and use my original phone with it's tokens for the swap.
    I'll update when I have it completed... "hope to have no more issues"

thx again, Jon
    any thoughts as to what would cause a keyboard not to work after putting a phone back together? I've pulled this phone apart 3 times to check the connections and everything looks good. what I've done to the phone
    1. changed out the screen from the original to a better condition screen.
    2. changed out main circuit board to better condition screen.
    3. took original comms board and placed it in with new screen and original circuit board.
    4. also changed out camera board. the power button & volume buttons were bad.

keyboard stayed the same and was working fine before the swap. I've checked the ribbons to make sure they were not damaged as well.
    the only thing I can think of is that something somewhere must not be making a good contact.

Thx, Jon
    Tip for no internet connection when activating phone

if anyone has had trouble activating a phone with it saying it must be connected to the sprint system... here you go. [ no EVDO icon in top right-hand screen ]

I just had this issue and found out how to reset the phone from the activation app screen. "via sprint customer care"

Hold down the [shift/orange] key and press the # key twice.
    this will bring up the phone app for you.
    from here you will enter in to the phone: 786#
    this will bring up a screen with the phones settings
    scroll down to the bottom and press the reset icon/button

after doing this the phone will begin to reset for you. after it loads you should see the EVDO icon appear again in the top right-hand screen.

hope this helps someone if needed down the road
    You sure your putting thr kryboard ribbon back into the coms board correctly? Maybe it got damaged?

Got another keyboard to try?
    Just curious, incase i have to switch sprint to verizon, is it possible to put the verizon com board back in and just verizon doctor it to get it to work on verizon again?
    yes. Just save your verizon tokens from the donor verizon phone before starting.
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    yes. Just save your verizon tokens from the donor verizon phone before starting.
    Sorry i forgot to add, i already switched and didn't back up the tokens.
    Quote Originally Posted by ntjoe View Post
    OK, I am about to pull every last bit of hair out of my head. I hope someone can help me!

I downloaded the webosdoctor into the /meta-doctor/downloads/ folder, renamed it as stated (webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.4.5.jar), then changed to the /meta-doctor/ folder.

I have followed the Cross-Platform Meta-Doctor Guide up to changing the settings in the Makefile. The changes on the Makefile were identical to what was suggested in the first post of this thread, removing the carrier check and model check, setting the device as pre and setting the carrier as sprint. I saved the Makefile, and when I try to run "make unpack" I get this:

root@joe-Dimension-2400:~/meta-doctor# make unpack
    mkdir -p downloads
    Please download the correct version of the webOS Doctor .jar file
    and then move it to downloads/webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.4.5.jar (i.e. the downloads directory that was just created under the current directory).

make: *** [downloads/webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.4.5.jar] Error 1

I am stumped. I will admit this is probably a VERY simple fix for someone, but I am not much of a Linux person and have simply followed the steps verbatim.

Can anyone help me? I would have sent it up, but I just got the Plus yesterday and would like to get this done BEFORE the extra fee for ESN changes comes up.

Thanks! Joe
    Double-check the complete spelling of the jar file. You'll only get that message if the make script cannot find the file that it is looking for. You might make sure that you don't have a letter L in place of a number 1 for example.

Also if you do this process with a currently activated phone, you won't be doing an ESN swap. Sprint will never know that you did anything at all. Only if you take a comm board from a Pre that isn't already active on your account will you need to do an activation swap.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Double-check the complete spelling of the jar file. You'll only get that message if the make script cannot find the file that it is looking for. You might make sure that you don't have a letter L in place of a number 1 for example.

Also if you do this process with a currently activated phone, you won't be doing an ESN swap. Sprint will never know that you did anything at all. Only if you take a comm board from a Pre that isn't already active on your account will you need to do an activation swap.
    Wow, I'm sorry that I didnt delete this post faster. That is exactly what the problem was, I spelled the jar file wrong....D'oh!!!!!

I bought another Sprint Pre off eBay that was beaten pretty good with a good esn, turned it on last week when i got it and activated it, then reactived my original pre. I didnt want to risk messing it up.

I got the everything done and am about to use the meta-doctor to work on my Pre Plus...I'll update when I'm done.

Thanks so much for looking though on the problem!

Palm m100 => Palm IIIx => Palm Zire 72 => Cingular Treo 650 => Sprint Palm 700p (w/755 ROM) => Sprint Palm 755p => Sprint Palm Centro => Sprint Palm Pre => Sprint FrankenPre Plus => Franken Palm Pre 2 on Sprint w/ working Nav and Sprint TV!

Family lines: Wife => Palm Centro Daughter => Palm Pixi

Living the Palm brand since 1999....and that's gotten me this!?
    RIP Palm OS and WebOS
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    OK, I've got it up and to the activation screen, and I get an Activation Error and it says "You may need to activate your phone by going to. " then it lists my ESN, which is correct. I can tap to place a call, key in ##786# and go to the Reverse Logistics Support screen, and it shows P100EWW, and all the other token info showing is correct. Yet I don't get the EV icon. I used the Verizon antenna portion since it was CDMA. Could this be a problem?

Palm m100 => Palm IIIx => Palm Zire 72 => Cingular Treo 650 => Sprint Palm 700p (w/755 ROM) => Sprint Palm 755p => Sprint Palm Centro => Sprint Palm Pre => Sprint FrankenPre Plus => Franken Palm Pre 2 on Sprint w/ working Nav and Sprint TV!

RIP Palm OS and WebOS
    OK, I've got it up and to the activation screen, and I get an Activation Error and it says "You may need to activate your phone by going to. " then it lists my ESN, which is correct. I can tap to place a call, key in ##786# and go to the Reverse Logistics Support screen, and it shows P100EWW, and all the other token info showing is correct. Yet I don't get the EV icon. I used the Verizon antenna portion since it was CDMA. Could this be a problem?
    it definitely not because you used the verizon antenna portion. Have you activated that esn with sprint?
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by runtimmyc View Post
    it definitely not because you used the verizon antenna portion. Have you activated that esn with sprint?
    I had activated the esn once before when I got it in, set up a new profile, then switched back to my old pre until the pre plus came in.

I called Sprint and it did the same thing, even with them trying to do the activation. I have not done the WebOS Doctor to get all the sprint apps back...as the directions said to get in after the meta doctor to validate settings in device info.

Any ideas?

RIP Palm OS and WebOS
    I had activated the esn once before when I got it in, set up a new profile, then switched back to my old pre until the pre plus came in.

I called Sprint and it did the same thing, even with them trying to do the activation. I have not done the WebOS Doctor to get all the sprint apps back...as the directions said to get in after the meta doctor to validate settings in device info.

Any ideas?
    Try this maybe?
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by runtimmyc View Post
    Hmm, tried that and got the same error. Sprint was able to get it where I can make calls by manually entering the number and MSID, but I get no EVDO signal so I can't activate the phone. When I use the link you suggested, I reset the phone, and it did the same thing. When I go back into the screen to check the MSID, its all gone, so I reentered it. It searches and finds Sprint, but no EV icon.

I'm stumped....

RIP Palm OS and WebOS