Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2 424748495051525354555657 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1350
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Does it matter how old your comms board is? Of course you want a new one but is it something that fails on people if it is used to much or is old?
    No.

-- Rod
    Thank you SirataXero for the suggestions, I haven't been able to get enough grip on the screws to get them out. I moved forward in the conversion anyway. I got all the software working, patches installed, then popped the phone on my touchstone to charge over night, only to wake up to a dead phone. So, i've fought with a non-charging pre all day. (doing the novacom reinstall and what not). I have to assume the pre plus I bought of craigslist had this defect when I bought it. I just finished moving my radio back into my sprint pre housing, oh well. I'll keep messing around with the plus to see if I can get it to charge, but for now, I'll guess I'll just be waiting for 2-9. Thanks to everyone for the help.
    Found this on eBay...

LOT 6 x PALM Pre Plus P101EWW Verizon CDMA Cell Phone ! - eBay (item 280609587797 end time Jan-28-11 10:49:25 PST)

Potential converters may way want to do a group buy on this. $531 for 6 units, that comes to ~$89 each. And from the photos looks like the units are practically new.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    I tried searching through this but i didn't know what to use for search words. Anyway, I am waiting for a like new Pre Plus from eBay, as well as a Sprint Pre Minus that has not been treated well but has a clear esn from eBay also. Once these are in, my plan is to combine them for a Sprint Pre Plus and not have to risk my current Sprint Pre. The question I have is, which tokens to I use? From my currently activated Pre, or the Sprint donor Pre?

Palm m100 => Palm IIIx => Palm Zire 72 => Cingular Treo 650 => Sprint Palm 700p (w/755 ROM) => Sprint Palm 755p => Sprint Palm Centro => Sprint Palm Pre => Sprint FrankenPre Plus => Franken Palm Pre 2 on Sprint w/ working Nav and Sprint TV!

Family lines: Wife => Palm Centro Daughter => Palm Pixi

Living the Palm brand since 1999....and that's gotten me this!?
    RIP Palm OS and WebOS
    Quote Originally Posted by ntjoe View Post
    I tried searching through this but i didn't know what to use for search words. Anyway, I am waiting for a like new Pre Plus from eBay, as well as a Sprint Pre Minus that has not been treated well but has a clear esn from eBay also. Once these are in, my plan is to combine them for a Sprint Pre Plus and not have to risk my current Sprint Pre. The question I have is, which tokens to I use? From my currently activated Pre, or the Sprint donor Pre?
    You'll need to grab the tokens from the Sprint donor Pre since that's the source of your comm board. I'm not sure if it's better to activate the Sprint donor Pre first - does anyone know if activation will alter any of the tokens?

When I did the conversion, I started with an already activated Pre as my source. When I did the process with Pixi's, I was able to convert and doctor both before and after activation, but I've never done it with a Pre before activation.
    Thank you so much for doing this, I have a cracked screen and have been trying for the last 24 hours to find something that would help me get the tokens Thanks so much for your work!
    First Alltel "smartphone" HTC Touch (4 devices); then HTC Diamond (1 device); then Blackberry Pearl 8130 (1 device; the Blackberry Curve 8330 (6 devices due to becoming Verizon customer ); then.... Finally the wondrous and amazing Palm Pre and I will never go back!
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    You'll need to grab the tokens from the Sprint donor Pre since that's the source of your comm board. I'm not sure if it's better to activate the Sprint donor Pre first - does anyone know if activation will alter any of the tokens?

When I did the conversion, I started with an already activated Pre as my source. When I did the process with Pixi's, I was able to convert and doctor both before and after activation, but I've never done it with a Pre before activation.
    Thanks for the response. I may just go ahead and activate it first just to be safe. My newest concern is if I put my current pre in airplane mode first, will the pda functions still work, and will I have any issues if I use the wi-fi with using the same palm profile? I thought about creating a new profile to be safe as I don't have a lot of purchased apps.

Any thought?
    Quote Originally Posted by ntjoe View Post
    Thanks for the response. I may just go ahead and activate it first just to be safe. My newest concern is if I put my current pre in airplane mode first, will the pda functions still work, and will I have any issues if I use the wi-fi with using the same palm profile? I thought about creating a new profile to be safe as I don't have a lot of purchased apps.

Any thought?
    Logging into a profile on one device causes any other device that was using that profile to be wiped.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Logging into a profile on one device causes any other device that was using that profile to be wiped.

-- Rod
    Thanks for the information. I'll create a new profile so if I break something during conversion, I can go back to my unaltered Sprint Pre.

My comm board donor Pre is slated to come in today, and the Pre Plus was shipped late so that one might be a few more days before it comes in...

I'm excited to do this, the last time I did anything like this was when we installed the 755p ROM on the old 700p. I did that, and still have that 700! I love this stuff, thanks everyone for the effort and info...

Palm m100 => Palm IIIx => Palm Zire 72 => Cingular Treo 650 => Sprint Palm 700p (w/755 ROM) => Sprint Palm 755p => Sprint Palm Centro => Sprint Palm Pre => Sprint FrankenPre Plus => Franken Palm Pre 2 on Sprint w/ working Nav and Sprint TV!

Family lines: Wife => Palm Centro Daughter => Palm Pixi

Living the Palm brand since 1999....and that's gotten me this!?
    RIP Palm OS and WebOS
    SO I finally started on this and have run into a small problem. The .jar file won open with the java runtime and ubunu gives me a not executable error. I tried the chow command and it said here was an error.

The permissions tab is all greyed out and I canot edit anything since it says im not the owner and can make changes.

Can anyone help to get this going?
    SO I finally started on this and have run into a small problem. The .jar file won open with the java runtime and ubunu gives me a not executable error. I tried the chow command and it said here was an error.

The permissions tab is all greyed out and I canot edit anything since it says im not the owner and can make changes.

Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post

Are you running Ubuntu inside of VirtualBox?? If so, you'll need to transfer the .jar to your hostOS and run it from there.

If Ubuntu *is* your hostOS, you can run either one of these commands:

sudo chown oldHatchldHatch filename.jar
    sudo chmod 777 filename.jar

Or you might just be able to run it without changing owners & permissions...

sudo java -jar filename.jar

BTW.... = : o without a space between them
    Well, I tried all 3 commands and none worked. I'm running ubuntu as a stand alone os. My laptop is dual boot for the moment. My build folder under metadoctor has a lock symbol on it. Root is the owner and will not change.

I however copied the.jar file to sd card, and it runs fine from there. Don't know why, but it works.

Another question is, I built the metadoctor according to the first post. Now I'm reading that not all tokens in the first post should be changed/added. Is this correct? If so which specific tokens ae needed.

Thank you
    Are the Sprint tokens the same on every sprint phone, or are they different for each phone? I'm trying this swap on the caution side with an extra sprint phone to use instead of my daily phone. I was able to pull the tokens from my current phone, however I don't want to have everything done to find out I need to start over again.

Thank you, Jon
    I believe the tokents are different for every device. If they weren't there would be a list of tokens to use on the 1st post. So many people have forgot to get their tokens 1st, that I know someone wouldve said if it's a sprint use XXXXXX ATT use YYYYYY verizon use ZZZZZZ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon2721 View Post
    Are the Sprint tokens the same on every sprint phone, or are they different for each phone? I'm trying this swap on the caution side with an extra sprint phone to use instead of my daily phone. I was able to pull the tokens from my current phone, however I don't want to have everything done to find out I need to start over again.

Thank you, Jon
    Some tokens are the same, but most of them are different and you will need to pull the tokens from the phone that is the source of the comm board. Using the "Show Properties" app with the "Generate Tokens File", "Comms Board Swap" option is probably the easiest way to get and identify the exact tokens you need to complete the swap properly. I'd also save a copy of the "Full" tokens list just for safekeeping.
    well I finally got my Pre plused, but I have a couple of issues.

first issue is with the app catalog. Some of my apps didnt auto download, and can't be found in the app catalog. I go through preware and when I click install from the saved package list I get taken to the app catalog which stalls for a little bit then says my webos version doesn't support these apps to check my update app.

device info says I have 1.4.5 installed. Apps that idnt install are glow hockey free, falle, free ringtones. Strangely enough apps like asphault and ang bids instaed and work fine.

probably gonna doctor again if noone can she some light on this problem.

second thing is that my PRE plus has a crappy keyboard. Anone swapped keyboards as wel? Any issues/tips?

first issue is with the app catalog. Some of my apps didnt auto download, and can't be found in the app catalog. I go through preware and when I click install from the saved package list I get taken to the app catalog which stalls for a little bit then says my webos version doesn't support these apps to check my update app.

device info says I have 1.4.5 installed. Apps that idnt install are glow hockey free, falle, free ringtones. Strangely enough apps like asphault and ang bids instaed and work fine.

second thing is that my PRE plus has a crappy keyboard. Anone swapped keyboards as wel? Any issues/tips?
    Look at palm.com/palmprofile - I bet it says 9.9.9

You can swap keyboards with slightly more difficulty than swapping comms boards, but much less difficulty than swapping sliders or omap boards. Remove everything about the metal slider (including the bezel) in one piece, by gently unsticking it from the metal.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals

I had the same problem, here is how I fixed it. Use the stock 1.4 doctor on your phone and then do an over the air update to 1.4.5 and you should be good to go.

Were you typing on the crappy keyboard for this message?

You may be out of luck for Free Ringtones if it's the one that I'm thinking about - I don't think that one is in the catalog anymore. However Glow Hockey Free and Fall-E do still seem to be there, so you may need to try the fixes some of the others have supplied.