Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1350
Like Tree1Likes
    I put the following tokens from my Spring comm board donor Pre on the Verizon recipient, including the PRODoID.

Code:
        <Val name="BATToCH" value=""/>
        <Val name="BATToRSP" value=""/>
        <Val name="BToADDR" value=""/>
        <Val name="DMCARRIER" value="Sprint"/>
        <Val name="DMCLoAUTHNAME" value=""/>
        <Val name="DMCLoAUTHPW" value=""/>
        <Val name="DMCLoNONCE" value=""/>
        <Val name="DMMODEL" value=""/>
        <Val name="DMSETS" value=""/>
        <Val name="DMSVRoAUTHPW" value=""/>
        <Val name="DMSVRoNONCE" value=""/>
        <Val name="ACCELCAL" value=""/>
        <Val name="HWoRev" value=""/>
        <Val name="KEYoBRD" value=""/>
        <Val name="ModemSN" value=""/>
        <Val name="PN" value=""/>
        <Val name="PRODoID" value=""/>
        <Val name="PalmSN" value=""/>
        <Val name="ProdSN" value=""/>
        <Val name="WIFIoADDR" value=""/>
        <Val name="installer" value="trenchcoat"/>
    Sprint's site now seems willing to reactivate my old Pre Minus, so I'm going to do that and put this project aside until I have more ideas and time
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post

• I ran into the (**Still unexplained as far as I know**) error where Angry Birds and some other key apps (even non-PDK apps such as Notes and Done!) were missing from the App Catalog after successfully converting to the Plus and AFTER running the Sprint 1.4.5 WebOS Doctor. As others have noted, another Doctor back to Sprint WebOS 1.4.1.1 and then an OTA update to 1.4.5 fixed this (followed by the FSTAB fix because of using this route to 1.4.5). I'm curious why this happens to some, but not apparently all? Nonetheless it worked. I wonder if I can just WebOS Dr to 1.4.5 going forward (is the error some trigger that's now safely on my USB partition) or if I'll need to go 1.4.1.1 -->1.45 in the future until WebOS 2.0 is released to legacy devices.

Crap! I just searched for Angry Birds in the app catalog and it is nowhere to be seen! I suppose there's no easy way to fix this now that my whole conversion is complete and running smoothly? I have everything set up how I like it, I would hate to have to redo everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post
    Crap! I just searched for Angry Birds in the app catalog and it is nowhere to be seen! I suppose there's no easy way to fix this now that my whole conversion is complete and running smoothly? I have everything set up how I like it, I would hate to have to redo everything.
    Go to http://palm.com/palmprofile and if your version is recorded as 9.9.9 then you will have this issue. A downgrade activation fixes it.

Note that at this time, it seems that the combination of Sprint and webOS 2.x triggers the 9.9.9, so you need to fool the activation process into thinking you're still running 1.4.5 if you're going down that path ...

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Go to http://palm.com/palmprofile and if your version is recorded as 9.9.9 then you will have this issue. A downgrade activation fixes it.

Note that at this time, it seems that the combination of Sprint and webOS 2.x triggers the 9.9.9, so you need to fool the activation process into thinking you're still running 1.4.5 if you're going down that path ...

-- Rod
    Hey Rod. First of all -- Happy New Year. Sydney harbour fireworks always make the US morning news shows.

I understand why this happens to Pre2s on Sprint, but why to VZW Pre Plusses which have been converted to Sprint? No big deal, just wondering.
    One last thing from me related to the conversion....

I noticed a few times this week that with this 'new' device (former VZW Pre Plus with Sprint Comm board) that my Dr Podder playback now stutters, particularly when connected to my Jabra BT car kit and when the screen turns off... I'm using UberKernal (testing feeds) ScreenState 500/1000. If I set UK in Govnah to 800 or 1000 fixed, stuttering stops. Anyone else seen this? I haven't noticed this in the Palm music player or MPR2.0beta yet.

(Not sure if it was more appropriate to post here in the Sprint conversion thread vs the UK thread vs Dr Podder thread. This never happened on my Pre-, so I defaulted to here). For now I'm just running at 1000 fixed and I don't really stray too far from a touchstone, so I'm OK with that solution, but figured I'd ask)
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Hey Rod. First of all -- Happy New Year. Sydney harbour fireworks always make the US morning news shows.

I understand why this happens to Pre2s on Sprint, but why to VZW Pre Plusses which have been converted to Sprint? No big deal, just wondering.
    I suspect that if you connect to the Palm Profile server with a combination of token values and palm-build-info contents that does not match an official release, then it sets your OS version to 9.9.9 ...

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod

Does that mean a trip to the 1.4.1 doctor? Mine says 9.9.9
    Quote Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post
    Does that mean a trip to the 1.4.1 doctor? Mine says 9.9.9
    If you're on 1.4.5, then that is what will be required I suspect.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Damn! Well thanks for the help. I have a New Year project, lol
    I've got it all working now.

At the last step, instead of doctoring my phone with a stock Sprint 1.4.5 doctor, I built a doctor that disabled the auto uploader, resized partitions, etc. One of the options I enabled in the Make file was causing my phone to be unactivatable. A trip to the stock 1.4.5 doctor solved that.

My Sprint FrankenPre Plus with 16GB of RAM, Uberkernel, and patches for performance feels like a brand new phone.

I no longer care about the Pre 2. As far as I'm concerned, both Sprint and Verizon can go suck an egg
    Last edited by dillononthecoast; 01/04/2011 at 09:47 PM.
    I did it Son ITS ALIVE
    This will hold me over until the Pre Mega Phone
    The only thing that i've experienced is the Auto Backup doesn't work. No biggie, i'll just do it every other day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader05 View Post
    The only thing that i've experienced is the Auto Backup doesn't work. No biggie, i'll just do it every other day.
    I was going to post about this today. Just FYI, my auto backup wasn't working either. So I turned it off and then back on again -- thinking it would reset itself on the back end, like I have done a few other times when the daily backup got stuck. ...but this time it wouldn't turn on (circle just kept spinning and spinning for at least an hour or more...). See here:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2813303

So I ended up chatting with a Palm rep yesterday who eventually (after testing some things) talked me into doing a partial (apps and data) erase. After that erase and subsequently logging back into my palm profile (at that time with no back-up in it), the backup could be turned on again. I'll know tomorrow if it then became 'automatic' again.

The main lesson here -- Don't turn off /erase your backup? (and just remember to do it every few days). 2nd lesson -- if you do a partial erase without a Palm Profile backup, be ready for a slightly more complicated restore process (launcher pages gone, PIM and email account info gone, etc...) I don't keep any PIM info in the palm profile and I'm a Save/Restore fanatic, so those things helped get me back in a few hours.
    livinofframen,

I was wondering if you knew if everything on the pre & pre+ are interchangable?
    example: I'm looking at buying a pre+ off ebay that is working other than the screen being cracked.
    thank you for your write up too!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon2721 View Post
    I was wondering if you knew if everything on the pre & pre+ are interchangable?
    example: I'm looking at buying a pre+ off ebay that is working other than the screen being cracked.
    Yes. Everything on both phones is 100% interchangeable. If you're not too afraid of tearing at apart, they're pretty much like legos. Just Plug and Play any part from either device. The only difference is the face plate must go with the bottom part which has the button (Sprint Pre) vs nothing (Pre Plus).
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Yes. Everything on both phones is 100% interchangeable. If you're not too afraid of tearing at apart, they're pretty much like legos. Just Plug and Play any part from either device. The only difference is the face plate must go with the bottom part which has the button (Sprint Pre) vs nothing (Pre Plus).
    And the correct backplate must go with the comms board. e.g. don't mix and match GSM and CDMA backplates and comms boards.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I'm in the process of my conversion right now, however I just broke two screws off putting my plus back together. Any suggestions for removing the post?
    Quote Originally Posted by rdgoeson4ever View Post
    I'm in the process of my conversion right now, however I just broke two screws off putting my plus back together. Any suggestions for removing the post?
    If they're still accessible (and if you have one on hand) a fine-tipped needle nose pliers can usually do pretty good with those tiny screws.

A bit harder (and potentially destructive alternative) is to try to pick up the back as much as you can and spin it around until it screws off the post. That lets you get to the post a lot easier. However, this will probably only work with one screw and not when there's two...
    Great guide! Just did this and everything works beautifully! It's not very often that when I undertake these kind of projects that everything works the first time around.
    Does it matter how old your comms board is? Of course you want a new one but is it something that fails on people if it is used to much or is old?
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!