Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst 12345678910 15 55 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by oobernuber View Post
    Looks like I spoke too soon. I went over the software portion of the instructions last night, in detail, and I think that part might be over my head. I'll have to look it over more this weekend.

Nightburn, is that offer still on the table? I might take you up on it. I actually got a Pre+ yesterday and it's in the mail. :-)
    The software part, while complicated, really isn't all that bad and as previously mentioned, you can screw around with it as much as you want without any worry of damaging your device.
    use the verizon pre plus and make it work on sprint??? Does Sprint allow that?
    the coms board still basically makes it a sprint pre
    I just couldn't help myself. I just purchased a valid ESN Verizon Palm Pre + from someone on craigslist.

Before I go ahead and perform the modification I wanted to ask if I need to change the MAC address for the WiFi and the Bluetooth.

I would presume that you do not need (or want) to change these but wanted to confirm.

Code:
    <Val name="WIFIoADDR" action="overwrite" value="x"/>
    <Val name="BToADDR" action="overwrite" value="x"/>
    If I have to I'll 'swap' these values between the two devices but I do not want MAC collisions locally.

Please let me know.
    I know this probably isn't a very interesting observation, but I thought I'd throw it up here anyway.

I was doing some initial probing while my Pre Plus is in the mail. Those 6 screws are not T5 screws. They're more like T4 or even T3. Gotta run out to the hardware store. I tried grinding down a cheap eyeglass screwdriver here at work, but the screws have loctite on them, which makes my little adaptation more destructive.

Just thought I'd share.
    "...human sacrifices, dogs and cats living together! MASS HYSTERIA!"

-Ghostbusters
    Quote Originally Posted by Davide-NYC View Post
    I just couldn't help myself. I just purchased a valid ESN Verizon Palm Pre + from someone on craigslist.

Before I go ahead and perform the modification I wanted to ask if I need to change the MAC address for the WiFi and the Bluetooth.

I would presume that you do not need (or want) to change these but wanted to confirm.

Code:
    <Val name="WIFIoADDR" action="overwrite" value="x"/>
    <Val name="BToADDR" action="overwrite" value="x"/>
    If I have to I'll 'swap' these values between the two devices but I do not want MAC collisions locally.

Please let me know.
    I don't think anyone can truly answer that question. Most everyone has included all Tokens just to be "safe". Just give it a try, you can always build with meta doctor again to include those tokens if it doesn't work.

Although, my hunch is, you'll be fine not changing those tokens.
    OK, I'm in the process of getting the tokens from the VZW phone.

While I wait for the doctor to finish I wanted to mention that I have a whole bunch of tokens from my sprint phone that are not mentioned in the XML file:

Code:
    ACCELCAL
    BATToCH
    BATToRSP
    BToADDR
    DMCARRIER
    DMCLoAUTHNAME
    DMCLoAUTHPW
    DMCLoNONCE
    DMMODEL
    DMSETS
    DMSVRoAUTHPW
    DMSVRoNONCE
    HWoRev
    installer
    KEYoBRD
    ModemSN
    PalmSN
    PN
    PRODoID
    ProdSN
    WIFIoADDR
    Can anyone tell us what each of these does? Is there a WIKI page for this?
    OK, I'm in the process of getting the tokens from the VZW phone.

While I wait for the doctor to finish I wanted to mention that I have a whole bunch of tokens from my sprint phone that are not mentioned in the XML file:

Code:
    ACCELCAL
    BATToCH
    BATToRSP
    BToADDR
    DMCARRIER
    DMCLoAUTHNAME
    DMCLoAUTHPW
    DMCLoNONCE
    DMMODEL
    DMSETS
    DMSVRoAUTHPW
    DMSVRoNONCE
    HWoRev
    installer
    KEYoBRD
    ModemSN
    PalmSN
    PN
    PRODoID
    ProdSN
    WIFIoADDR
    Can anyone tell us what each of these does? Is there a WIKI page for this?
    You really don't need the Verizon tokens (unless it's a good ESN and you just want to back them up for potential future use). Just get your Sprint tokens, it's all you need.

As far as "having a whole bunch of tokens not in the xml file", The castle.xml file won't have any of these, you need to add them as step 3 in the original post explains.
    I'm up and running!
    Last edited by Davide-NYC; 08/20/2010 at 06:49 PM.
    I'm up and running!

For some reason I'm having trouble with WebOSQuickInstall.

Can I run a vanilla WebOSDoctor on this device now?

I'm going to create a meta-doctored sprint_1.4.5 doctor with preware pre-installed.

If I'm told that's safe I'll do it and report back.
    Yes, just run a regular Sprint 1.4.5 Doctor on it now and you're all done.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruchirbhai View Post
    use the verizon pre plus and make it work on sprint??? Does Sprint allow that?
    given the results of a few lawsuits over the past few years, and given the method this procedure uses, I don't think Sprint has a choice.
    One more thing...

Think I know why some activations using other modem boards didn't work... that's what happened on mine. The modem's MDID and MSID is still set to the old settings for the swapped modem board. Programmed the new ones and it works just fine.

You'll need the MSL for the modem board from Sprint/Bell. Get your MSID and MDID from your own phone (hit ##768# on your working Sprint/Bell phone). Do this at the Palm Profile screen on the new phone:

1. Hit ##(MSL from carrier)#
    2. You'll see "Verifying MSL", then it opens the programming screen.
    3. Hit Edit, then change the Directory and Station IDs to your own
    4. Hit Save

Modem will restart, and you should be good to go.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    So I'm using Cygwin, I've downloaded webos 1.4.1.1 because I read on another thread that you can make meta-doctor with any webos versoion. Well I've downloaded 1.4.1.1, changed the file name. Tried the command "make unpack" and it came back with "please download the correct version of webos .jar file." error 1... so then I tried the command "make device=pre all-sprint" and it came back with the same thing except for it had an error 2 now.

Is there a way I can keep my 1.4.1.1 webos? Meta'd the webos 1.4.1.1? without having to get the current version of 1.4.5?

Thanks for all the help guys.
    forgot to mention, lastnight/very early this morning, I did make a meta-doc build with 1.4.5 using the command, "make device=pre all-sprint" ... but being I wanted to stay with the 1.4.1.1 webos... i decided to try making a new.. meta-doctor to fit that version and clearly failed. lol...
    Last edited by rcflyer40t; 08/21/2010 at 01:07 PM.
    I overlooked something.

So after having successfully accomplished this mod I'm left with:

one (1) Sprint Palm Pre Plus (1.4.5) meta-doctored to bypass activation and pre-install Preware.

one (1) Verizon Palm Pre (not Plus) meta-doctored to bypass activation and pre-install Preware.

I just realized that I no longer have my carrier specific apps. (oops!)
    It must have something to do with bypassing carrier and/or activation strings in meta-doctor.

Is there an easy way to restore Sprint Navigation on my (now Sprint) Pre Plus and VZ Navigator and Mobile Hotspot on my (now Verizon) Pre?

I do not care about the rest of the apps. Please let me know.

Davide
    I overlooked something.

So after having successfully accomplished this mod I'm left with:

one (1) Sprint Palm Pre Plus (1.4.5) meta-doctored to bypass activation and pre-install Preware.

one (1) Verizon Palm Pre (not Plus) meta-doctored to bypass activation and pre-install Preware.

I just realized that I no longer have my carrier specific apps. (oops!)
    It must have something to do with bypassing carrier and/or activation strings in meta-doctor.

Is there an easy way to restore Sprint Navigation on my (now Sprint) Pre Plus and VZ Navigator and Mobile Hotspot on my (now Verizon) Pre?

I do not care about the rest of the apps. Please let me know.

Davide
    Either run a stock webOS Doctor or run a meta-doctored one that doesn't bypass activation and first use now.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    I have a question. Would it be possible to image your Sprint Palm Pre, to the Palm Pre Plus without having to run through creating a modified WebOS doctor? How difficult would that be? Does the modified WebOS doctor reprogram something?
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
    Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs View Post
    I have a question. Would it be possible to image your Sprint Palm Pre, to the Palm Pre Plus without having to run through creating a modified WebOS doctor? How difficult would that be? Does the modified WebOS doctor reprogram something?

The modified doctor reprograms the NVRAM tokens of the Plus. Once you've changed those to match the Sprint Pre, then you can use the stock Sprint webOS Doctor fine.
    ahhhhhh I got it sorted out... Thanks Rwhitby!!!!
    Also forgot to mention, my Bell Pre Plus now also has a full Canadian app catalog.

Also, I kept the WiFi and BTADDR tokens, no issues. Works just fine.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 08/21/2010 at 08:44 PM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here