Page 49 of 68 FirstFirst ... 39444546474849505152535459 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by THAANSA3 View Post
    This has happened to many from what I've read. You didn't copy the tokens related to the battery info correctly.
    ahhh.ok is there anyway i can fix that?
    Quote Originally Posted by hgsxr View Post
    ahhh.ok is there anyway i can fix that?
    I think the only way is to start from scratch. You may want to consult someone more knowledgeable than me, but I'm pretty sure that's what you're going to have to do based on what I've read in this thread. Go back and read through the thread. I know it's a lot of pages, but many have run into this problem so it has been discussed at length.
    Quote Originally Posted by THAANSA3 View Post
    I think the only way is to start from scratch. You may want to consult someone more knowledgeable than me, but I'm pretty sure that's what you're going to have to do based on what I've read in this thread. Go back and read through the thread. I know it's a lot of pages, but many have run into this problem so it has been discussed at length.
    ok thx alot
    I wish livinofframen would update the first post to point to the Show Properties app so that people don't continue to mistype their battery tokens, and to advise people to keep the back cover with the comms board so that people don't end up with wires that are the wrong length.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Rod, I can't sign into my Palm Profile on my device. When I sign in using my PC, it's showing that I have two devices. What did I do wrong? Did I need to doctor the PP minus too? By that, I mean did I have to make a separate makefile with the AT&T info? I kept the tokens but didn't change anything with the OMAP on the old device. I'm guessing that's why my profile online is showing two devices.

EDIT: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED FINALLY!!!!!!
    Last edited by THAANSA3; 12/16/2010 at 10:28 PM.
    Im about to get this done after over a month of having a Pre plus laying around.

I have 2 questions. 1st is:

What free linux editor should I be using, since from what was posted MS notepad wont cut it.

2nd, Is there a way to simply copy your apps out of the Pre and then reinstall them? I really dont like waiting for them to be restored as this usually takes a day and it overheats while doing it. also using save restore set all the app settings/saves correct?
    After much trial and error, it's complete. I want to thank everyone who answered my questions along the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    Im about to get this done after over a month of having a Pre plus laying around.

I have 2 questions. 1st is:

What free linux editor should I be using, since from what was posted MS notepad wont cut it.

2nd, Is there a way to simply copy your apps out of the Pre and then reinstall them? I really dont like waiting for them to be restored as this usually takes a day and it overheats while doing it. also using save restore set all the app settings/saves correct?
    I use gvim usually, but nano should work fine.

Also I'm not sure if overheating is normal. I've never had my Pres overheat.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I wish livinofframen would update the first post to point to the Show Properties app so that people don't continue to mistype their battery tokens, and to advise people to keep the back cover with the comms board so that people don't end up with wires that are the wrong length.

-- Rod
    Rod when you say back cover are you referring to the little silver cover covering the gps and diversity antenna?
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Rod when you say back cover are you referring to the little silver cover covering the gps and diversity antenna?
    No, I'm talking about the plastic piece which encircles the whole device and contains the antennae, the on/off and ringer switches and the volume keys. It should always remain with the comms board.

-- Rod
    Well I was able to convert my Pre to a Pre Plus following instructions in this post and major, major help from Sirataxero and Rod's Pre breakdown photos. It is just like having a new phone until I get my Pre2. This is the best community for help!
    Will the Pre Plus Sprint be able to be eligible for OTA updates when 2.0 rolls around?
    My auto profile backup hasn't worked since doing this. Is it working for anyone else? Not that big of a deal to manually do it from time to time but just wondering why it no longer works..
    Hey all --

I have a VZ pre+ in hand and I'm going to take this on in the next few evenings. I already used the Cigwin approach to create my meta-doctor and I have a couple of questions before proceeding:

I had used Show Properties to create the token extract. the SP email included 9 tokens to be exact. This is fewer than the list of tokens referenced in the OP: 16 of them (ProdSN, ModemSN, BATToRSP, BATToCH, DMSVRoNONCE, DMSVRoAUTHPW, DMCLoNONCE, DMCLoAUTHPW, DMCLoAUTHNAME, DMCARRIER, DMMODEL, WIFIoADDR, BToADDR, PalmSN, PRODoID, PN).

I assume this is OK and that the only 9 needed are the ones generated by Show Properties.

Also, I used Notepad++ to edit to add the tokens to castle.xml and to edit the makefile. Can anyone confirm this is one of the approved text editors? I've previously used Notepad++ for editing patch files, but I'm not 100% sure that (necessarily) makes it a Linux compatible editor.

Finally, I've seen the stories of torn volume connector ribbons. Any advice to avoid this? It's hard to tell what to avoid in the videos that are available.

Thanks.
    Take the volume key off first.

-- Rod
    would any of the procedures prevent the Pre from updating network settings and Prl. I keep getting a provisioning service not available pop up. This has been happening since I changed it to a Pre Plus. Is there anything I can do to fix that?
    So I've done the conversion and technically the phone is working - I can make and receive calls and data. But I cannot run Sprint WebOS Dr 1.4.5.... (device not compatible)

I used Show Properties to get the tokens, but as I noted earlier, my email from Show Properties only contained 9 tokens, not the 16 or so in post 1.

Here were my tokens I received by email from Show Properties. These were pasted into Castle.xml -- edited slightly to anonymiZZZZe them:

<Section name="tokens" type="token" size="4KB">
    <Val name="BATToCH" value="6C690ZZZZZZZZ34A02" action="overwrite"/>
    <Val name="BATToRSP" value="DCB1F0B566CEAZZZZZZZZZZZZZF6D6937CCC33" action="overwrite"/>
    <Val name="DMCARRIER" value="Sprint" action="overwrite"/>
    <Val name="DMCLoAUTHNAME" value="1762ZZZZZ123" action="overwrite"/>
    <Val name="DMCLoAUTHPW" value="0.317ZZZZZ539906" action="overwrite"/>
    <Val name="DMCLoNONCE" value="S3ZEN1xZZZZZZbXzlnUw==" action="overwrite"/>
    <Val name="DMSVRoAUTHPW" value="0.6900ZZZZ238354" action="overwrite"/>
    <Val name="DMSVRoNONCE" value="eG1EN05ZZZZZJdGJ1Xw==" action="overwrite"/>
    <Val name="ModemSN" value="CAEMMZZZZZZ08TC" action="overwrite"/>
    </Section>

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    Anyway, my device info correctly reflects a Carrier = Sprint with 1.4.5. But shows the wrong Serial # (it's the one from the VZW sticker) and shows model # as P101EWW.

Firmware shows CC1.6(535)
    MSID = my phone #
    MEID = is also mine (I'm 99% sure)

So I guess my question is: Can I fix this by adding tokens for Model # and Serial # and then re-running the MetaDoctor? Or do I need to swap the comm board back to my Pre minus and re-grab the tokens (No, I didn't copy them off the device with internals. I was trusting that Show Properties would send me all I needed. I don't know what I did wrong....

Sorry for being a knucklehead. I really thought I was prepared well for this and had read just about all I could read. Any help would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Hey all --

I have a VZ pre+ in hand and I'm going to take this on in the next few evenings. I already used the Cigwin approach to create my meta-doctor and I have a couple of questions before proceeding:

I had used Show Properties to create the token extract. the SP email included 9 tokens to be exact. This is fewer than the list of tokens referenced in the OP: 16 of them (ProdSN, ModemSN, BATToRSP, BATToCH, DMSVRoNONCE, DMSVRoAUTHPW, DMCLoNONCE, DMCLoAUTHPW, DMCLoAUTHNAME, DMCARRIER, DMMODEL, WIFIoADDR, BToADDR, PalmSN, PRODoID, PN).

I assume this is OK and that the only 9 needed are the ones generated by Show Properties.

Also, I used Notepad++ to edit to add the tokens to castle.xml and to edit the makefile. Can anyone confirm this is one of the approved text editors? I've previously used Notepad++ for editing patch files, but I'm not 100% sure that (necessarily) makes it a Linux compatible editor.

Finally, I've seen the stories of torn volume connector ribbons. Any advice to avoid this? It's hard to tell what to avoid in the videos that are available.

Thanks.
    You can use the Full option in Show Properties to get all the tokens.

But if you're just swapping comms boards, don't you want the serial number to remain the same, so it matches the sticker in the battery compartment?

You need to add DMMODEL yourself, cause it is different for different situations.

-- Rod
    Thanks Rod.

I had obviously assumed incorrectly that the Show Properties Castle.xml extract was everything needed, when it's not quite. No problem though.

I suspect with some manual token entry and another meta-Dr build, I'll get this back to being a full Sprint Pre+ later today.

Also, I had assumed that the Palm SN might map to VZN or Sprint so that it could be a trigger to set off the Sprint WebOS Dr to not work. So (as in one of the two videos on the process) I had peeled the battery compartment sticker from my sprint device and put it (along with the Sprint Comm board) into the VZN device. Not sure how I'll handle this one... from the OP, it looks like they include the Device SN from the Sprint Tokens, so I guess it works!?!?! I can always try it and put it back if not.

One other issue I've noticed is that vibration seems to have stopped working. Not sure if the gasket at the top of the phone might have muffled the vibrating mechanism or if I might have otherwise broken it. Might have to take it back apart later to see.
    Last edited by greenawayj; 12/23/2010 at 01:41 PM.
    If the vibrator is not working, it's almost always due to the accoustic insulation foam not being replaced properly and getting wound around it.

-- Rod