Page 48 of 68 FirstFirst ... 384344454647484950515253 58 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Weird, anyone ran into any issues playing back mp3's in any apps since this conversion? I've been trying mp3's in NaNPlayer, Music player remix, stock music player app, dr. Podder, etc. and they won't play back normal. They like keep skipping a second or 2 and jumping around to different odd places. Rebooted, same thing. weird!

Update: Wow, even my ringtones are doing it..
    More interesting.. I plugin my headphone jack and only hear audio from the left side. When I first did the com swap, I accidentally left the battery pull sticker tag under the top of the unit and had to loosen the screws to pull it back out. I read a post about 12 pages back from Dr. Podder dev that he did this and it blocked the headphones wires. I hope I didn't ruin anything but isn't it strange that all non-mp3 audio plays perfectly normal, yet any mp3's skip around and go crazy on any mp3?
    Last edited by volcom45; 12/05/2010 at 06:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Huge thanks to OP and Rod Whitby and others who helped my questions. As of yesterday afternoon, I'm running a Sprint Palm Pre Plus perfectly! Very excited about it, can tell a difference in the double memory. I'd highly reccommend any of you on the edge take the plunge, I have a feeling Sprint won't see a new webos phone for at least another 4-6 months. It really isn't that hard if you have the right tools and watch the youtube videos.

Side note, any of you that have done this finding the Verizon's keypad to require firm presses in order to take? I find if I press a key but not very hard, it often doesn't bring the letter across, and I'll have to push it again more firmly. I thought the issues Verizons keyboards had were related to sticking and pushing a key once delivering 2-3 characters rather than one. Wonder if there's anyway to adjust the sensitivity cause I don't like it..
    I found the Verizon keyboard much too annoying (just as you described, requiring much harder presses to register) and wound up swapping in the Sprint keyboard to fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    I think I've seen Sprint comm boards with the black back and with the pictures on it, but if you have one of each, then I'd lean towards the Sprint comm board being the one with the black back.
    Thanks, I had the wrong Comm Board in. I accidently meta doctored both comm boards with the same software. So I think now, both boards have the same tokens. :/ good thing I don't need the to make the Verizon one to work again.
    Thanks to 2sslow and TonyCaprini for help with the MetaDoctor. Rod, aashi, and appsotutely for answering questions. If I missed anyone else, thanks to you to. Also, thanks to the OP for this thread. I'm pretty sure I now have a Sprint Pre+ but I won't know for sure until I get home from this deployment. But everything seems to be in working order.
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Hey guys, I'm having a problem running Meta-Doctor on my new Sprint Pre+. It gets to 9% and then says unable to restore phone... anyone know what the problem could be?
    Quote Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm having a problem running Meta-Doctor on my new Sprint Pre+. It gets to 9% and then says unable to restore phone... anyone know what the problem could be?
    Try running the doctor again from a Command Prompt (i.e. java -jar "doctor name"). Then check in the window to see what step failed.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Try running the doctor again from a Command Prompt (i.e. java -jar "doctor name"). Then check in the window to see what step failed.
    Does castle.xml have to be in the same folder or anything like that? Anyway, here is the last part in the command prompt window:

Code:
    INFO: WARNING - carrier list returned is empty, unless not checking for carrier
    in the case of NDI

Dec 7, 2010 10:43:51 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: WARNING - model list returned is empty, unless not checking for model in t
    he case of NDI

./
    ./BadSys.tga
    ./BootLogo.tga
    ./Charging.tga
    ./NoBatt.tga
    ./NoPower.tga
    ./NoSys.tga
    ./Sync.tga
    ./Panic.tga
    ./Disk.tga
    ./castlecdma_evt1_fw.tar
    ./castleumtsfw.tar
    ./nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz
    ./nova-installer-image-castle.uImage
    ./boot-castle.bin
    ./castle.xml
    [Fatal Error] :24:53: Element type "Val" must be followed by either attribute sp
    ecifications, ">" or "/>".
    Dec 7, 2010 10:43:53 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController post
    FlashEvent
    WARNING: Flash Failure
    java.io.IOException: castle.xml cannot be parsed.
            at com.palm.nova.installer.core.TrenchcoatModel.<init>(TrenchcoatModel.j
    ava:254)
            at com.palm.nova.installer.core.FlasherThread.run(FlasherThread.java:222
    )
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Dec 7, 2010 10:43:53 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController post
    FlashEvent
    INFO: Flash End time (Fail) 1291783433682
    from C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Temp\PalmWebOsRecoveryToolLog0.log.0.lck
    to C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Temp\palmInstallerError0.log
    java.io.IOException: The process cannot access the file because another process
    has locked a portion of the file
            at java.io.FileInputStream.readBytes(Native Method)
            at java.io.FileInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
            at com.palm.nova.installer.core.RdxUtils.saveLogs(RdxUtils.java:163)
            at com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController.saveLogs(CardCont
    roller.java:162)
            at com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController.handleFailCase(Ca
    rdController.java:811)
            at com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController.postFlashEvent(Ca
    rdController.java:933)
            at com.palm.nova.installer.core.FlasherThread.run(FlasherThread.java:379
    )
    from C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Temp\PalmWebOsRecoveryToolLog0.log.0
    to C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Temp\palmInstallerError1.log
    Dec 7, 2010 10:43:55 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController hand
    leFailCase
    INFO: something failed, query to see if device is plugged in
    Dec 7, 2010 10:43:55 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController hand
    leFailCase
    INFO: exiting handleFailCase()
    )
    Dec 7, 2010 10:43:56 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscov
    eryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    INFO: got controller
    Dec 7, 2010 10:43:56 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscov
    eryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    INFO: got devices 1
    Dec 7, 2010 10:43:56 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController runn
    erFinished
    INFO: device runner done
    Dec 7, 2010 10:43:56 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController runn
    erFinished
    WARNING: flashing failed, move to failed card
    Make sure you're putting the tokens in properly. Also, make sure your makefile says to bypass carrier and model check etc.
    This is your answer:

Code:
    )
    FlashEvent
    Double check your syntax for the XML file.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    This is your answer:

Code:
    )
    FlashEvent
    Double check your syntax for the XML file.

lol... I should have stated I'm a total newb... sorry, but what do you mean by this?
    lol... I should have stated I'm a total newb... sorry, but what do you mean by this?
    When you edited the castle.xml file, you made a mistake.

Check it twice, and make sure you're using a Linux file editor, not something like notepad.exe

If it still doesn't work, you would be advised to use a commercial service for this, like webosworld.com ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

Check it twice, and make sure you're using a Linux file editor, not something like notepad.exe

If it still doesn't work, you would be advised to use a commercial service for this, like webosworld.com ...

-- Rod
    okay, that was my problem then, I used wordpad... I thought that was ok.

EDIT: Crap, it didn't work... I used gVim, so I don't know what's wrong with this thing
    Last edited by JTH182; 12/08/2010 at 12:36 AM.
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Okay, finally figured it out... a couple tokens didn't copy the format correctly from the castle.xml email.

Not as smooth as I had hoped, but oh well, this will definitely be worth it!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod
    I think that you may have just helped me solve my problem. My tokens just won't take, but I think I know what I was doing wrong.
    BTW, Show Properties had a bug in version 0.2.1 which formatted the action="overwrite" incorrectly in the email. It has been fixed in version 0.2.2

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Weird, anyone ran into any issues playing back mp3's in any apps since this conversion? I've been trying mp3's in NaNPlayer, Music player remix, stock music player app, dr. Podder, etc. and they won't play back normal. They like keep skipping a second or 2 and jumping around to different odd places. Rebooted, same thing. weird!

Update: Wow, even my ringtones are doing it..
    More interesting.. I plugin my headphone jack and only hear audio from the left side. When I first did the com swap, I accidentally left the battery pull sticker tag under the top of the unit and had to loosen the screws to pull it back out. I read a post about 12 pages back from Dr. Podder dev that he did this and it blocked the headphones wires. I hope I didn't ruin anything but isn't it strange that all non-mp3 audio plays perfectly normal, yet any mp3's skip around and go crazy on any mp3?
    Just a quick reply. I needed to put mp3's back on the phone as I normally use Ampache.

No problems with playback on my phone.
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Just wanted to update and say I'm loving my Sprint Pre+! I got a brand new bad ESN Plus for $75 from Gazelle on eBay.

It's much more solid than my launch day Pre, and is running a good 5 degrees cooler!

Thanks for all the help everyone!
    I finally got all the tokens and everything to work, but now I cannot sign into my Palm Profile. What did I do wrong?
    Is this happening to anyone else? My phone wont charge. Luckily, i have several batteries. Is there any fix?
    Quote Originally Posted by hgsxr View Post
    Is this happening to anyone else? My phone wont charge. Luckily, i have several batteries. Is there any fix?
    This has happened to many from what I've read. You didn't copy the tokens related to the battery info correctly.