Page 47 of 68 FirstFirst ... 374243444546474849505152 57 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm about to attempt the conversion. I was just wondering what are the best steps I should take to restore my new Sprint Pre+ to how my old minus was (i.e. Apps, patches, contacts, yada yada...)

What is saved on my Palm profile, and what should I be taking screenshots of to re-download? Also, what about the USB drive? What should I copy over, other than music, pics and videos obviously?

I have my meta-doctor built, and I'm excited to do the surgery!
    1. Go into Preware to "Saved Package List", do the "Update".
    2. Install Save/Restore, run it, do the "Save Application Data", "Save Selected"
    3. Connect to USB and copy from the Pre, everything in the "saverestore" folder.

After the final metadoctor, sign back into your profile. After you've got all your apps re-downloaded, re-install Preware and Save/Restore. If your USB partition was wiped out, copy the "saverestore" folder back. If not, just use Save/Restore to "Restore Application Data" (after which you may need to luna restart or completely restart). Then you can go back into Preware, "Save Package List" (which will be restored by Save/Restore) and "Install All".
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Break free of the shackles that Windows has put on your mind ...

-- Rod
    Yes!
    Hey Rod,
    The instructions in this thread only talk about modifying the "Start of area for end user changes" in this make file but my make file has a "Start area for my use only" after it with all of your Pre2 and carrier settings. Do these also need to be changed before "make unpack" and "make patch" is performed or are they irrelevant?
    Thanks,
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Hey Rod,
    The instructions in this thread only talk about modifying the "Start of area for end user changes" in this make file but my make file has a "Start area for my use only" after it with all of your Pre2 and carrier settings.
    Those are only active if your username happens to be 'rwhitby'

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    Is this method good for swaping ATT comm board with EU?
    Once everything is complete physically (com switch and all), how do I run the new makefile?
    Break free of the shackles that Windows has put on your mind ...

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by ashi View Post
    Yes!
    I kind of like the little sandbox Windows gives me to play around in. It's not too tiny and constricted like Apple, and I don't get the Sahara like Linux.

Just sayin'.

What exactly should I do if the process stalls? Mine has been on 64 percent for quite some time and it clearly states that I shouldn't disconnect the phone as this may cause damage. However, it looks like it's just hanging at 64 percent right now. What should I do?

EDIT: Okay, it finally went through. Here is something interesting I noticed. On my home screen the carrier says "Sprint." However, when I go to Device Info --> More Info, it gives me the ATT info. How could one value be right and not the others? I even tried calling myself and it worked. I'm a little confused.
    Last edited by THAANSA3; 12/03/2010 at 10:20 PM.
    That means that your comms board went in fine and it works, but your tokens did not go through. The carrier name on the top comes from the comms board's connection to the towers. The info in Device Info is taken from the tokens on device. You'll need to remake your meta-doctor and try again. Make sure the tokens are being written in correctly. If you try to run a stock Sprint Doctor on your phone and it doesn't go through, then you'll know for sure you didn't write in the tokens correctly. You should try running a stock Sprint Doctor. I'm willing to bet it won't run.
    I think this may be related to something that the Show Properties app does.

Rod, can you check to make sure the castle.xml generated from the app does it in the correct format?

When I sent an email to myself I got the tokens but it didn't have the action:"overwrite" attribute associated with the token values. I assume that's necessary for the tokens to actually be rewritten.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    That means that your comms board went in fine and it works, but your tokens did not go through. The carrier name on the top comes from the comms board's connection to the towers. The info in Device Info is taken from the tokens on device. You'll need to remake your meta-doctor and try again. Make sure the tokens are being written in correctly. If you try to run a stock Sprint Doctor on your phone and it doesn't go through, then you'll know for sure you didn't write in the tokens correctly. You should try running a stock Sprint Doctor. I'm willing to bet it won't run.
    Gotcha. I guess I have to start from scratch. The good thing is that I am able to make and receive calls after completing the 'coms' switch so I'm okay with having to try again with the software part. The hardware part was my biggest concern and it seems to have gone really well.

Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    I think this may be related to something that the Show Properties app does.

Rod, can you check to make sure the castle.xml generated from the app does it in the correct format?

When I sent an email to myself I got the tokens but it didn't have the action:"overwrite" attribute associated with the token values. I assume that's necessary for the tokens to actually be rewritten.
    You're right about the castle.xml generated info in that it DOES NOT include the "action: "overwrite" attribute. I had to manually add that in when I was inputting the token information. I don't know why it didn't take, but I'll just have to try again.
    Yes, Show Properties does not add the action="overwrite" values by default for safety reasons, but we have recently added an option specifically for comms board swaps, so we can probably add it to that option.

-- Rod
    Yes, Show Properties does not add the action="overwrite" values by default for safety reasons, but we have recently added an option specifically for comms board swaps, so we can probably add it to that option.

-- Rod
    Oh it was by design, I see.

Thanks.
    I'm struggling with the software part in Cygwin, already did the hardware swap. When trying to run "make patch" I'm getting this at the end:
    /bin/sh: ./scripts/replace-md5sums.py: /usr/bin/python: bad interpreter: Permission Denied
    Make: *** [build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5/.patched] Error 126.
    What can I do to resolve this please? have no phone at the moment
    I may have gotten my Comm Board mixed up.
    Is the Sprint Comm Board the one with pictures on it. And the Verizon the all black one? Talking about the cover over the chips.
    Last edited by AnaMayShun; 12/05/2010 at 12:30 AM. Reason: spelled black, back
    Quote Originally Posted by AnaMayShun View Post
    I may have gotten my Comm Board mixed up.
    Is the Sprint Comm Board the one with pictures on it. And the Verizon the all black one? Talking about the cover over the chips.
    I think I've seen Sprint comm boards with the black back and with the pictures on it, but if you have one of each, then I'd lean towards the Sprint comm board being the one with the black back.
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    I think I've seen Sprint comm boards with the black back and with the pictures on it, but if you have one of each, then I'd lean towards the Sprint comm board being the one with the black back.
    Thanks.
    Should I have been able to metadoctor both boards?
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    Both my Verizon boards have pictures on them. My Bell ones are completely gray.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Huge thanks to OP and Rod Whitby and others who helped my questions. As of yesterday afternoon, I'm running a Sprint Palm Pre Plus perfectly! Very excited about it, can tell a difference in the double memory. I'd highly reccommend any of you on the edge take the plunge, I have a feeling Sprint won't see a new webos phone for at least another 4-6 months. It really isn't that hard if you have the right tools and watch the youtube videos.

Side note, any of you that have done this finding the Verizon's keypad to require firm presses in order to take? I find if I press a key but not very hard, it often doesn't bring the letter across, and I'll have to push it again more firmly. I thought the issues Verizons keyboards had were related to sticking and pushing a key once delivering 2-3 characters rather than one. Wonder if there's anyway to adjust the sensitivity cause I don't like it..
    Quote Originally Posted by AnaMayShun View Post
    Thanks.
    Should I have been able to metadoctor both boards?
    Are you asking if the metadoctors will run? If so, yes, I think so.

If you are asking if you can wind up with two working phones after, then yes, as long as you kept the tokens for each of the original phones and build & run the appropriate doctors.