Page 46 of 68 FirstFirst ... 364142434445464748495051 56 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post
    Using Cygwin? Follow step 1 of the Linux instructions here: [url= - WebOS Internals[/url]

That was where I got stuck for a bit, after that it was smooth sailing.
    Sorry, I should have elaborated. I am using virtual box and following the Linux instructions.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreG8ter View Post
    Sorry, I should have elaborated. I am using virtual box and following the Linux instructions.
    Still follow the Meta Doctor instructions in that link, up through "If you would like Meta-Doctor to apply patches to webOS in order to add or change functionality from the factory install, open the Makefile."
    Quote Originally Posted by ashi View Post
    Still follow the Meta Doctor instructions in that link, up through "If you would like Meta-Doctor to apply patches to webOS in order to add or change functionality from the factory install, open the Makefile."
    hi ashi,

I did just that, but I can't figure out what to do now. I have the files copied to the HostOS folder and everything. I opened the Makefile and made the adjustments. Now, how exactly to I 'unpack' and 'pack' stuff? Where do I add the commands? I am a bit confused. Sorry to ask all these questions. I am frustrated. I have a brand new AT&T PP+ (for two weeks) that I can't use because I am stuck on this step.
    Last edited by PreG8ter; 11/30/2010 at 03:03 PM.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreG8ter View Post
    hi ashi,

I did just that, but I can't figure out what to do now. I have the files copied to the HostOS folder and everything. I opened the Makefile and made the adjustments. Now, how exactly to I 'unpack' and 'pack' stuff? Where do I add the commands? I am a bit confused. Sorry to ask all these questions. I am frustrated. I have a brand new AT&T PP+ (for two weeks) that I can't use because I am stuck on this step.
    Oh okay. You need to open a terminal and go to the directory where the makefile is

(for example, cd ~/metadoctor for mine)

and type the commands there. Terminal ought to be somewhere like Applications: Accessories.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Better lessons (in my opinion):

1) Use Show Properties 0.2.0 to create and email yourself your castle.xml fragment. Archive the email for the future.

2) Swap the whole of the case containing the antennae, then the wires are the right size and the antennae are the right design for the frequencies they are carrying.

The first post should be updated with these things.

-- Rod
    Rod, how do you do this without disrupting the ribbon right under the volume controls? I see that once you do that, you render your phone useless?

He talks about it at about 4:10
    Last edited by THAANSA3; 11/30/2010 at 10:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by THAANSA3 View Post
    Rod, how do you do this without disrupting the ribbon right under the volume controls? I see that once you do that, you render your phone useless?

The ribbon and two contacts are not connected to the plastic - they can be easily popped off as a whole and then put back on again. Pop the plastic rocker piece off first, then pop the ribbon and contacts out. Reverse for re-assembly.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals

The ribbon that comes from the front section is sticky-taped to the back frame. You pop out the volume rocker piece of plastic first, then peel off the ribbon from the back frame.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Edit - Problem NOT solved

Hey everyone.. as the title suggests, I have transplanted by O2 Pre GSM Comms Board into a Verizon Pre+ ... have followed all the instructions listed on the first post, inject the appropriate tokens at the right spots in the meta doctor process.

The Build goes through properly, but when I attempt to actually run the doctor, it pauses at 12% and makes no more progress.. ever!

Please help.

I have already:
    > Double checked tokens used
    > Re-built (using 1.4.5 of P100 firmware)
    > Re-built using P101 firmware
    > Tried stock O2, AT&T Pre Plus firmwares

So close to finishing it off!!!

Please help .. I couldn't see anything in the thread that might help..

thanks
    Last edited by dr3wster; 12/02/2010 at 07:31 AM.

Work mobes: Palm Treo 650 > Palm Treo Pro > O2 Palm Pre- > Palm Pixi+ > Pre 2 > Pre 3
    Home mobes: Sony Ericsson K610 > Sony Ericsson W910 > iPhone 3GS > Verizon GSMed FrankenPre+ > HTC Desire HD > HTC Evo 3D > White HTC Sensation XE
    Tablet: HP TouchPad 32GB / ASUS TF101

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dr3wster View Post
    Edit - Problem NOT solved

Hey everyone.. as the title suggests, I have transplanted by O2 Pre GSM Comms Board into a Verizon Pre+ ... have followed all the instructions listed on the first post, inject the appropriate tokens at the right spots in the meta doctor process.

The Build goes through properly, but when I attempt to actually run the doctor, it pauses at 12% and makes no more progress.. ever!

Please help.

I have already:
    > Double checked tokens used
    > Re-built (using 1.4.5 of P100 firmware)
    > Re-built using P101 firmware
    > Tried stock O2, AT&T Pre Plus firmwares

So close to finishing it off!!!

Please help .. I couldn't see anything in the thread that might help..

thanks
    How many times have you re-tried launching the meta doctor? I know sometimes it takes me a few tries to get it to go all the way through.
    Okay, I've done the 'com' switch and all of that. I feel like I've overcome so much to get to this point. However, now is where some more fear sets it. Before I run the meta-doc, is there any scenario where if I did this wrong that I could brick this phone or corrupt something that the WebOS Doctor cannot recover? I really don't know if I constructed the meta-doc properly or not.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Okay, I've done the 'com' switch and all of that. I feel like I've overcome so much to get to this point. However, now is where some more fear sets it. Before I run the meta-doc, is there any scenario where if I did this wrong that I could brick this phone or corrupt something that the WebOS Doctor cannot recover? I really don't know if I constructed the meta-doc properly or not.
    You should be able to recover just fine if you didn't build it right. Did you get all of the tokens off of both phones? Then go for it!
    You should be able to recover just fine if you didn't build it right. Did you get all of the tokens off of both phones? Then go for it!
    I did get the tokens off of both. Thanks again, ashi. You and Rod, unsurprisingly, have been my biggest sources of help. Thank you immensely.

EDIT: This got me thinking, so I have one more question (okay, maybe not one more). Are there any tell-tale signs that I didn't construct the meta-doc properly? Would my phone just not turn on, would it still have the Verizon logo on the top bar, etc.?
    Last edited by THAANSA3; 12/02/2010 at 12:11 PM.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    How many times have you re-tried launching the meta doctor? I know sometimes it takes me a few tries to get it to go all the way through.
    Thanks for the reply.. I've tried re-building the doctor file several times, following each step meticulously, and have tried re-flashing several times too.. seriously stressing me out!!

Could it be that a CDMA Pre+ can't be converted into a GSM Pre+? I thought the radio was in the comm board?

Here's the (abbreviated) steps I used to try and make the conversion:
    1. Turn on O2 Pre Minus
    2. Launch Internalz + copy entire \tmp\tokens directory to USB partition
    3. Connect device to PC in USB Mode and copy off the tokens directory
    4. Perform transplant of COMM board and antenna back housing
    5. Build meta-doctor using all steps in post #1 and injecting the token values copied from the device
    6. Hold volume up button and connect Franken Pre Plus to computer and run meta-doctor
    7. Cry that it doesn't work.

Am I missing a step?

One thing that I did notice however, was that a few of the Pre Minus' tokens (2 of them) contained "==" at the end of the value. Does this form part of the token value in the doctor process as well?

Work mobes: Palm Treo 650 > Palm Treo Pro > O2 Palm Pre- > Palm Pixi+ > Pre 2 > Pre 3
    Home mobes: Sony Ericsson K610 > Sony Ericsson W910 > iPhone 3GS > Verizon GSMed FrankenPre+ > HTC Desire HD > HTC Evo 3D > White HTC Sensation XE
    Tablet: HP TouchPad 32GB / ASUS TF101

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dr3wster View Post
    One thing that I did notice however, was that a few of the Pre Minus' tokens (2 of them) contained "==" at the end of the value. Does this form part of the token value in the doctor process as well?
    Yes, the equal signs are part of the value.
    Use the Show Properties app, and it creates the XML file for you, with the exact token values required.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Use the Show Properties app, and it creates the XML file for you, with the exact token values required.

-- Rod
    Trust me, Rod is absolutely right. I did exactly this and got all of the tokens exactly as they are. Then it's simply a copy and paste effort.
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Hey guys, I'm about to attempt the conversion. I was just wondering what are the best steps I should take to restore my new Sprint Pre+ to how my old minus was (i.e. Apps, patches, contacts, yada yada...)

What is saved on my Palm profile, and what should I be taking screenshots of to re-download? Also, what about the USB drive? What should I copy over, other than music, pics and videos obviously?

I have my meta-doctor built, and I'm excited to do the surgery!
    Stupid question: Can this whole process of creating a Meta Doctor and merging into the webos doctor be done on a Windows box? I don't have any linux box available.. I just bought my Verizon Pre Plus this evening and so want to do this from my Sprint Pre.
    Thanks,
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Stupid question: Can this whole process of creating a Meta Doctor and merging into the webos doctor be done on a Windows box? I don't have any linux box available.. I just bought my Verizon Pre Plus this evening and so want to do this from my Sprint Pre.
    Thanks,
    Yes, I used Cygwin and it was very easy (relatively speaking).
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Thanks,
    Run VirtualBox on the windows box, and Ubuntu inside the VirtualBox. Just like Palm does for the webOS Emulator.

Or use Cygwin.

Or use Wubi: Download | Ubuntu

Break free of the shackles that Windows has put on your mind ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals