Page 40 of 68 FirstFirst ... 30353637383940414243444550 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 800 of 1350
Like Tree1Likes
  1. ashi's Avatar
    Posts
    203 Posts
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    #781  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    ok so I ran metadoctor and got to the home screen. Im on wifi through my tether right now(the phone is not activated) and is tethered to my other sprint device but has no bars for signal. Do I run first use, or is there another step I should take. Before I had it activated I could not update the network settings it was tellin me to try again later, should I try and activate the phone and update the settings through sprint?
    Yes, activate the phone on Sprint, and run First Use.
  2. #782  
    Quote Originally Posted by ashi View Post
    Yes, activate the phone on Sprint, and run First Use.
    ok im been trying that since last night, and their basic methods don't work. Though per another member on here stated this may be my issue is he correct:

    One more thing...

    Think I know why some activations using other modem boards didn't work... that's what happened on mine. The modem's MDID and MSID is still set to the old settings for the swapped modem board. Programmed the new ones and it works just fine.

    You'll need the MSL for the modem board from Sprint/Bell. Get your MSID and MDID from your own phone (hit ##768# on your working Sprint/Bell phone). Do this at the Palm Profile screen on the new phone:

    1. Hit ##(MSL from carrier)#
    2. You'll see "Verifying MSL", then it opens the programming screen.
    3. Hit Edit, then change the Directory and Station IDs to your own
    4. Hit Save

    Modem will restart, and you should be good to go.
  3. #783  
    no luck even tried to do a modem restart nothing still shows searching for network now. Ill just return it and go through webosworld I have another VZ phone.
    Last edited by wellwellwell11; 11/06/2010 at 02:07 PM.
  4. joejoe1's Avatar
    Posts
    91 Posts
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    #784  
    I finally got this working! It made the perfect gift. Thanks to everyone who helped me out.
  5. #785  
    Hi i need some serious help. I doctored my phone because i could not find the tokens folder so i thought i might have deleted it. I succesfully doctored the sprint pre but my touch screen is not working and im stuck in the activation screen and cant put it into usb mode. Is there anyway to put it in usb mode? I tried the orange, sum and b combo already.
  6. ashi's Avatar
    Posts
    203 Posts
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    #786  
    Quote Originally Posted by mariothegreat1 View Post
    Hi i need some serious help. I doctored my phone because i could not find the tokens folder so i thought i might have deleted it. I succesfully doctored the sprint pre but my touch screen is not working and im stuck in the activation screen and cant put it into usb mode. Is there anyway to put it in usb mode? I tried the orange, sum and b combo already.
    For USB mode, orange+sym+u
  7. #787  
    Quote Originally Posted by ashi View Post
    For USB mode, orange+sym+u
    Don't think USB Drive mode works at the activation screen, you need to be at the main screen.

    Doctor the phone again with the BYPASS_FIRST_USE flag, then try Option+Sym+U again.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  8. #788  
    This may have been answered, but is there any way to put the Verizon internals (except the coms board) into the Sprint phone? Is that harder/riskier?
  9. #789  
    Quote Originally Posted by THAANSA3 View Post
    This may have been answered, but is there any way to put the Verizon internals (except the coms board) into the Sprint phone? Is that harder/riskier?
    Much harder and riskier.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  10. #790  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Much harder and riskier.

    -- Rod
    Thanks, Rod. Let's just say I have an extra Pre to burn . . . where can I find a tutorial? A search yielded me nothing. I even "googled" it and got nowhere.
  11. ashi's Avatar
    Posts
    203 Posts
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    #791  
    I've done it once, and I really don't want to do it again. You can find some help here:

    Palm Pre Teardown - iFixit

    and really, just keep taking it apart very carefully. I once tore one of the ribbons peeling off one of the pieces of rubber--luckily I had another spare front screen. Then I had trouble getting everything back together right, and those two ribbons at the top still don't want to stay in. One of them must have come loose, cause the touchscreen stopped working again.

    Have at it, have fun, be careful, and prepare for frustration.
  12. #792  
    Quote Originally Posted by ashi View Post
    I've done it once, and I really don't want to do it again. You can find some help here:

    Palm Pre Teardown - iFixit

    and really, just keep taking it apart very carefully. I once tore one of the ribbons peeling off one of the pieces of rubber--luckily I had another spare front screen. Then I had trouble getting everything back together right, and those two ribbons at the top still don't want to stay in. One of them must have come loose, cause the touchscreen stopped working again.

    Have at it, have fun, be careful, and prepare for frustration.
    I hear you. I have one extra that I can play with and am not afraid to tear up. Of course, I want to do it right, but it wouldn't be a big loss if I did mess up.
  13. bigzeto's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    #793  
    Quote Originally Posted by ashi View Post
    I've done it once, and I really don't want to do it again. You can find some help here:

    Palm Pre Teardown - iFixit

    and really, just keep taking it apart very carefully. I once tore one of the ribbons peeling off one of the pieces of rubber--luckily I had another spare front screen. Then I had trouble getting everything back together right, and those two ribbons at the top still don't want to stay in. One of them must have come loose, cause the touchscreen stopped working again.

    Have at it, have fun, be careful, and prepare for frustration.
    I may have to do this. The Verizon pre I got off ebay has a cracked screen and the touchscreen does not work at all. So I have already disassembled the Verizon Pre to get the motherboard out. If I install this motherboard into my Sprint Pre, will I be all set? Obviously the reassembly is going to be difficult but I just want to make sure this is all I will need to do.
  14. #794  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigzeto View Post
    I may have to do this. The Verizon pre I got off ebay has a cracked screen and the touchscreen does not work at all. So I have already disassembled the Verizon Pre to get the motherboard out. If I install this motherboard into my Sprint Pre, will I be all set? Obviously the reassembly is going to be difficult but I just want to make sure this is all I will need to do.
    I want to know this too^


    About the screen ashi, it's much easier to connect the two ribbon cables from the screen to the slider if the slider is held at it's half-way point. This was each ribbon is the same length.. instead of one short and one long. Not sure if you knew that.


    I did everything in meta-doctor to this point:
    Quote Originally Posted by Step 2: Running the patched webOS Doctor
    NOTE: this only applies to WUBI Users
    You should be able to run the JAR as if you had Linux installed natively because in a sense you do (as long as Java is installed and you run the Jar using Java) but if you rather run it in windows
    Using terminal the following command in a Wubi installation of Ubuntu will copy the JAR file to the host Windows OS :
    cp /meta-doctor/build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.2.1/webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.2.1.jar /host/webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.2.1.jar
    This will place the Jar either in your Windows C:\ drive or whatever drive you installed Wubi to.
    First time using linux so I have no more knowledge than the code I am told to type... It doesn't copy (brb with error)

    Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  15. ashi's Avatar
    Posts
    203 Posts
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    #795  
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    About the screen ashi, it's much easier to connect the two ribbon cables from the screen to the slider if the slider is held at it's half-way point. This was each ribbon is the same length.. instead of one short and one long. Not sure if you knew that.
    Thanks, but I already have that part figured out... those ribbons are pretty easy.

    The ribbons that give me trouble are these two that connect to the motherboard, especially the one I have my thumbnail on, which as far as I can tell is part of the screen assembly:



    Once I tore that cable, that screen was a waste.
  16. #796  
    Oh ok, the cable under the two cables that connect the headset speaker?

    I will be doing a screen swap so if you have any tips let me know.
    Last edited by IcerC; 11/09/2010 at 05:21 PM.

    Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  17. #797  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    A good reason for folks to now use the email function in the WebOS Internals Show Properties app to capture your tokens and email them to yourself.

    -- Rod
    Hi, Rod. Where to I find what you referenced above?

    EDIT: I found and downloaded the app from Preware, but I don't know/see how to use the e-mail function. I don't even see the option. Can someone help me out?
    Last edited by THAANSA3; 11/09/2010 at 05:26 PM.
  18. #798  
    Quote Originally Posted by THAANSA3 View Post
    Hi, Rod. Where to I find what you referenced above?
    Preware>Available Applications>Show Properties
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, “I don't need to drink to have fun.” Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  19. #799  
    So I just Plused my sprint pre! Here are my thoughts:

    I want my center button back!!!!!!!!!! lol
    Awesome guide! one suggested change:
    There is no step that actually tells you to remove the GPS wires. So that was a bit unclear.

    Tip for people having trouble running the Jar files. In my experience you cannot run these files on a drive that is formatted in a linux file system. run them from a Fat drive like an SD card or USB drive or just run them on windows.

    Whole thing took me about 3 and a half hours. I'm experienced with linux and I already had ubuntu installed in my netbook. It probably takes longer for the virtual box users.

    When I put the sprint pre Plus back together... the slider seemed a bit tighter.... I think it has gotten back to normal now... I was concerned.

    Just FYI, I got my Verizon plus (new referb) off of a guy on cragslist for 90$ I had to bring him down from 100. He also included a touchstone and some strange dock that you plug into usb... why would I ever use that? lol
    Last edited by kill_Dano; 11/09/2010 at 10:56 PM.
  20. #800  
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    Awesome guide! one suggested change:
    There is no step that actually tells you to remove the GPS wires. So that was a bit unclear.
    The guide should tell folks to keep the comms board and the plastic casing containing the antennae together, not separate them. Then the wire lengths are not an issue and you don't even need to remove the wires from the connectors.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions