Page 39 of 68 FirstFirst ... 29343536373839404142434449 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by musicjunkieforever View Post
    does the sprint palm pre need to be activated for the coms board to have the tokens or so they come from the factory with them
    The tokens are actually stored on the OMAP board, not the comms board, and are flashed at the factory.

The MEID/IMEI is on the comms board (and cannot be easily changed).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The tokens are actually stored on the OMAP board, not the comms board, and are flashed at the factory.

The MEID/IMEI is on the comms board (and cannot be easily changed).

-- Rod
    thanks for the clarification it really helps me out
    I have done this conversion and my sprint plus works great. however, i now have the verizon board in the sprint minus. i made an oopsy and didn't get the verizon token because i was so excited to get my new plus flashed. I tried to create a castle file with the info i knew and the only info I'm missing is dmcl* and dmsvr* tokens. everything flashed and the phone boots, says its activated with the old number but doesn't get passed profile activation because of a previously mentioned lack of network connection. can any one tell me how i can fix this, or is it just broken? I was wanting to give my verizon minus to a friend to use since I no longer need it.
    OH yeah and thanks to OP and rwhitby and ashi for all of your knowledge!!!
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jemojc View Post
    I have done this conversion and my sprint plus works great. however, i now have the verizon board in the sprint minus. i made an oopsy and didn't get the verizon token because i was so excited to get my new plus flashed. I tried to create a castle file with the info i knew and the only info I'm missing is dmcl* and dmsvr* tokens. everything flashed and the phone boots, says its activated with the old number but doesn't get passed profile activation because of a previously mentioned lack of network connection. can any one tell me how i can fix this, or is it just broken? I was wanting to give my verizon minus to a friend to use since I no longer need it.
    You're welcome! I don't know any way of getting those tokens now that they're gone, sorry. Unless anyone else has a good idea, I would sell it as a developer/parts phone. They go for around $25 plus shipping on ebay.
    Quote Originally Posted by jemojc View Post
    Put it back the way it WAS... then extract the tokens again.

Sorry if I missed a reason for not being able to put it back together like it was originally. . . . .
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Put it back the way it WAS... then extract the tokens again.

Sorry if I missed a reason for not being able to put it back together like it was originally. . . . .
    If I understand correctly, the tokens are already overwritten on the Sprint Pre Plus... so both phones have the same tokens. So, the ones that were on the Pre Plus are lost, and there is no way to put it back the way it was.
    A good reason for folks to now use the email function in the WebOS Internals Show Properties app to capture your tokens and email them to yourself.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Speaking of the Show Properties app, we're adding a feature so you can select saving all tokens, or just creating a castle.xml with the subset of tokens you need for a comms board swap.

Who knows the exact subset of tokens needed for a comms board swap?

I know that you do *not* want to copy the following ones:

BToADDR, ACCELCAL, HWoRev, KEYoBRD, WIFIoADDR, ...

Which other tokens should not go with the comms board to the other device?

Alternatively, what is the smallest subset of tokens that we know *does* have to go with the comms board to the other device?

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by ashi View Post
    If I understand correctly, the tokens are already overwritten on the Sprint Pre Plus... so both phones have the same tokens. So, the ones that were on the Pre Plus are lost, and there is no way to put it back the way it was.
    Right... but he said that he "didn't get" those certain tokens. So perhaps they wouldn't have been overwritten with something different??

Of course, I really don't know what I'm talking about.

Haven't done a conversion yet, myself.
    Rod,
    If the Wifioaddr was copied from the pre to pre plus could that cause poor bluetooth performance as in no range or static?

Thanks
    I'm in need of some assistance.

I followed all of the steps and did not receive any errors until after editing the castle.xml file. I went back to the meta-doctor directory and ran make pack, but it says "Nothing to be done for 'pack'.

I have redone the whole thing 3 times and am not sure what is going on. Thank you for the help.
    Quote Originally Posted by wodin6 View Post
    I'm in need of some assistance.

I followed all of the steps and did not receive any errors until after editing the castle.xml file. I went back to the meta-doctor directory and ran make pack, but it says "Nothing to be done for 'pack'.

I have redone the whole thing 3 times and am not sure what is going on. Thank you for the help.
    Ok, I figured it out finally. After editing the Makefile I was not running the two commands "make unpack" and "make patch". I was doing it the way it was directed in the cross-platform meta-doctor guide "make unpack patch pack". After doing it the correct way, the "make pack" command was working at the end of the directions.

Thank you for the excellent write up and I hope my mistake will help someone else in the future.
    rod I have a issue I purchase a pre plus from someone that had converted everything over all ready. during the setup after transfering my number over it has sprint in the left corner but it will be there for alittle bit then goes into searching it does this back and forth. So when I go to reset the radio after using the code it says failed to reset radio, then dosent reboot, and still just cycles the sprint network, and searching. Is that something to do with sprint, or a issue with the phone per switching the boards, or maybe the radio messed up.
    i need some madd help with this phone per my last post, anything would help
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    rod I have a issue I purchase a pre plus from someone that had converted everything over all ready. during the setup after transfering my number over it has sprint in the left corner but it will be there for alittle bit then goes into searching it does this back and forth. So when I go to reset the radio after using the code it says failed to reset radio, then dosent reboot, and still just cycles the sprint network, and searching. Is that something to do with sprint, or a issue with the phone per switching the boards, or maybe the radio messed up.
    It sounds like the radio isn't getting a good Sprint signal, whether it's a problem with the radio or with Sprint in your location. Did your old Sprint phone work fine there?

Did you buy this phone on ebay? Have you contacted the person you bought it from?

Also: if you have managed to complete the sign-in: Go to the phone app. Drag down from the upper left corner and choose Preferences. Make sure network is set to automatic and data roaming is enabled. Also tap "Update network settings" and "Update PRL."
    It sounds like the radio isn't getting a good Sprint signal, whether it's a problem with the radio or with Sprint in your location. Did your old Sprint phone work fine there?

Did you buy this phone on ebay? Have you contacted the person you bought it from?

Also: if you have managed to complete the sign-in: Go to the phone app. Drag down from the upper left corner and choose Preferences. Make sure network is set to automatic and data roaming is enabled. Also tap "Update network settings" and "Update PRL."
    I actually bought the phone from here in the marketplace a user converted it over via this forum on how to do it. He stated it worked fine for him, though everytime I get to the sign in my profyle screen the upper left hand corner where the sprint logo is goes from sprint to searching back and forth, so it says I have no signal. Ive tried with a sprint rep to activate it and no success the person who sold me the phone is working with me now, I think it may be the radio maybe that was knocked loose during shipment. Do you know where I can go to check to see if its that, or is there any other advice you may have.

I have already doctored it and it did recgonize the device fine, though now I get the activation error after it has 5 unsuccessful trys. I tried to reset it with the 6 didgit code, but everytime it says radio failed to reset settings and dosent reboot.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Ah. Are you trying the secondary code? The one-time code probably won't work for you, as it only works once. What area do you live in? You might be lucky and be able to get some local help.

I have sold a few converted phones on ebay and wanted to make sure whether you were one of my customers.

Btw, have you tried going outside to get a better signal?
    Ah. Are you trying the secondary code? The one-time code probably won't work for you, as it only works once. What area do you live in? You might be lucky and be able to get some local help.

I have sold a few converted phones on ebay and wanted to make sure whether you were one of my customers.

Btw, have you tried going outside to get a better signal?
    well unless your gazell store (I have one from them too but seems its just a verizon plus not converted) but yeah I tried goin to the balcony though my other pre when I switch back gets a signal no problem. We got it to the main screen using webosdoctor first use (I havent tried that yet) and still I have no bars or signal, and it switching constantly from sprint to searching with no signal. Does this sound like a radio issue, hardware wise or is it something I can do to configure the phone at this point? the error I get when trying to activate using the secondary code is failed to reset radio settings the same error I always get?
    ok so I ran metadoctor and got to the home screen. Im on wifi through my tether right now(the phone is not activated) and is tethered to my other sprint device but has no bars for signal. Do I run first use, or is there another step I should take. Before I had it activated I could not update the network settings it was tellin me to try again later, should I try and activate the phone and update the settings through sprint?
    also note that the internet on wifi does work fine, so can anyone assit me in what to do or maybe trouble shooting thanks for all the help.