Page 38 of 68 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738394041424348 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    DUDEEE!! I got it done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! soooooo happy! i've been on this for 3 days thank's to the OP, ASHI and Mr. Whitby.
    Carlos someone that enjoys WEBOS
    "volver al espíritu de cooperación que prevaleció en los tiempos iniciales de la comunidad de usuarios de computadoras"
    "Return to the spirit of cooperation that prevailed in the early days of the community of computer users" Linus Torvalds
    Woohoo! I'm now running a Bell Mobility Pre Plus

Thanks SO much guys, LOVIN' IT! And it wasn't even that difficult!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermithrax View Post
    Woohoo! I'm now running a Bell Mobility Pre Plus

Thanks SO much guys, LOVIN' IT! And it wasn't even that difficult!
    Aww... you broke my exclusivity!!!!

Enjoy your Bell Pre Plus!
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjsmiley View Post

Update: Appear to be missing all my sprint apps. Only one I care about is Sprint Nav. I guess I'll try re-running webOS doctor tonight unless I get any other suggestions.
    Did you reflash using a default Sprint Doctor? You need to do that last step to get the Sprint Default apps.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGP View Post
    Did you reflash using a default Sprint Doctor? You need to do that last step to get the Sprint Default apps.
    I Just re doctored it with my jar that I made in the steps of the tutorial...and still no sprint Nav...am I supposed to redoctor it but with the normal default sprint Doctor now? Will it save all my token overrides from my custom doctoring made in this tutorial?
    Quote Originally Posted by mjsmiley View Post
    I Just re doctored it with my jar that I made in the steps of the tutorial...and still no sprint Nav...am I supposed to redoctor it but with the normal default sprint Doctor now? Will it save all my token overrides from my custom doctoring made in this tutorial?
    Overrides will stay.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Aww... you broke my exclusivity!!!!

Enjoy your Bell Pre Plus!
    Haha, yep... Only problem is this is a Verizon Plus, and the keyboard is crap. It truly is... So, I'll have to switch my old keyboard back in, and that looks to be a pain, but... Oh well! It's fun!
    I honestly don't have much trouble with my keyboard, with the exception the X key sometimes skip, and it's only that key. But the clickiness is enough for me to keep it.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Cool, seems to be working. I webOS doctored it with the standard Sprint one launched from QuickInstall, which took it to 1.4.1.1 with the Sprint Apps...its updating now to 1.4.5. Seems to be working. I guess I didn't see the notion of this as the last step....Thanks So far!
    Just curious if anyone has done this yet to a PRE2? Noticed some chat a few pages back... I've had my ATT Sprint+ working flawlessly for about a month and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Just curious if anyone has done this yet to a PRE2? Noticed some chat a few pages back... I've had my ATT Sprint+ working flawlessly for about a month and LOVING IT!
    Because there aren't any CDMA Pre 2s on market yet?

A little app we're whipping up to help out people who are doing this: http://i53.tinypic.com/2jetg10.png.

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    A little app we're whipping up to help out people who are doing this: [URL]

Nice! A command line version for offline and/or broken screen Pres to run via Novaterm would be cool too. I am halfway there--I could finish that one.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    hey, so i was able to start the phone, the phone activated. Then it would not allow me to log in to palm profile. it said i had to be connected to a wireless service provider. So I called sprint technical support, they ran me through some screens, had me use the msl four times no luck. Then, he had me change the phone number and MSID manually and now the phone is not activating. gives me a activation error and gives me the hex meid but doesnt tell me what to do with it.

so i go back to the tokens, and found a mistake i made in DMSVRoNONCE. Re metadoctor'ed it with the correct tokens. and i stil get an activation error, still stuck at that screen.

I believe the DMSVRoNONCE, prevented me from logging in to my profile in the first place. but what can i do to fix the activation error?
    Last edited by joejoe1; 10/30/2010 at 01:35 PM.
    Also another question for all converters: anyone notice their accelerometer calibration is off after the conversion? Sometimes if my phone is upright I still have to shake it for it to rotate the screen back into orientation.

I'm suspecting I shouldnt've copied the ACCELCAL token from the original Bell device?

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Also another question for all converters: anyone notice their accelerometer calibration is off after the conversion? Sometimes if my phone is upright I still have to shake it for it to rotate the screen back into orientation.

I'm suspecting I shouldnt've copied the ACCELCAL token from the original Bell device?
    I believe the accelerometer is on the OMAP board, so you should keep that token with that board.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ashi View Post
    Nice! A command line version for offline and/or broken screen Pres to run via Novaterm would be cool too. I am halfway there--I could finish that one.
    Now I am learning the difference between the Bourne shell (/bin/sh) and Bash (/bin/bash), since WebOS doesn't come with Bash. Now to learn how to do variable substitution in Bourne...
    Show Properties 0.2.0 is in the testing feed and can generate and email an XML file for you. No more typos or missing battery digits.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Okay, here is a shell script that will generate a complete castle.xml file. It should be run from novaterm or the terminal app on the phone.

Unzip the script and use WebOSQuickInstall: Tools: Send file to send it to Destination folder: /tmp

Then from novaterm or Terminal type:
    /tmp/make-castle-xml.sh

It should tell you it has generated the file.

Then use WebOSQuickInstall: Tools: Receive file
    File: /tmp/castle.xml
    and choose a Destination Folder on your computer.

Now in Step 2 where you are editing meta-doctor/build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5/webOS/castle.xml, you can check the file you received using WebOSQuickInstall, make sure it looks right, and copy that over the one you're supposed to edit.

This is especially useful if you are getting the tokens off a Pre with a broken screen. Remember you have to be in developer mode to use novaterm. You can do that, for example, by building a version of Meta Doctor that puts the phone in developer mode and flashing with that.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    does the sprint palm pre need to be activated for the coms board to have the tokens or so they come from the factory with them