Page 36 of 68 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    So far your right I had something off, when viewing the batt token in portrait, it only showed 38, characters, landscape revealed the missing B9- going to build the meta doctor now- feeling excited- ready to join this crew of the elite-

Big ups to ashi & NickDG for the tip,yall just made my dam day-
    Quote Originally Posted by eggroks View Post
    can someone answer this question if i was to switch a (working)Sprint palm pre com board into another Sprint palm pre which has a bad esn would i still have to perform all these steps?
    Yes, you still would. The tokens are stored on the memory storage chips and those memory storage chips are on the logic board, not the comm board.

Presumably there's something wrong with the hardware for the Sprint Pre with the good ESN? If you want to do no re-programming work, you could swap the two logic boards and re-assemble. If there's nothing wrong with the backplates, then I would probably swap those two as well, so that you could keep the correct serial number info together in the same case. Swapping the two logic boards requires a great deal more disassembly though.
    Anyone know what could cause my metadoctor to say "We were unable to reset your phone"? or how to fix it. It's done it on 2 separate Pre+'s.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnaMayShun View Post
    Anyone know what could cause my metadoctor to say "We were unable to reset your phone"? or how to fix it. It's done it on 2 separate Pre+'s.
    It's caused by the IPKG Verification step failing. Usually you can just ignore it and reboot your phone and everything is fine.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It's caused by the IPKG Verification step failing. Usually you can just ignore it and reboot your phone and everything is fine.

-- Rod
    If that doesn't work, try runnng metadoctor again. Sometimes it takes me a few tries.
    Will the Pre - Pre Plus conversion process by any chance work for the Pre 2 ?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Will the Pre - Pre Plus conversion process by any chance work for the Pre 2 ?
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...m-pre-2-a.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...adio-swap.html
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    I made my meta doctor, made the hardware swap and doctored my sprint pre plus.. Before I did anything else, I came back to this forum.

turns out, I only saw the 38 digit value for battorsp. What's the easiest way to recover that token to get the correct 40 digit value?
    Quote Originally Posted by joejoe1 View Post
    I made my meta doctor, made the hardware swap and doctored my sprint pre plus.. Before I did anything else, I came back to this forum.

turns out, I only saw the 38 digit value for battorsp. What's the easiest way to recover that token to get the correct 40 digit value?
    Assuming you used Internalz or Terminal originally, just re-open it and then put it into landscape mode and you should be able to see the entire string.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    thanks for responding. I guess I should have said it like this.

I did the com board swap already. So I have a sprint pre plus and verizon pre minus.

I didn't do any special token editing to the pre minus except metadoctoring to bypass first use login. So will I be able to turn on the verizon pre minus safely to retreive the tokens? Or do I need to reverse the comswap before checking the values?
    Last edited by joejoe1; 10/26/2010 at 05:51 PM.
    This is awesome! I can't wait to try it. I just ordered a reasonably priced Pre Plus on Ebay for this very process. However, I do have one glaring question (that may end up having an obvious answer). Should one complete the process successfully, is there any way to walk into a Sprint store or Bestbuy should there be some kind of "cosmetic" issue and go undetected? The difference between the Pre and Pre + is unmistakable (one has the pearl and the other doesn't). All it would take is for a keen eye to see that the top bar says "Sprint" and not either of the other carriers. That would presumably present a problem, no?
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joejoe1 View Post
    thanks for responding. I guess I should have said it like this.

I did the com board swap already. So I have a sprint pre plus and verizon pre minus.

I didn't do any special token editing to the pre minus except metadoctoring to bypass first use login. So will I be able to turn on the verizon pre minus safely to retreive the tokens? Or do I need to reverse the comswap before checking the values?
    Yes, you can still get the tokens off the Verizon Pre Minus without reswapping the com board.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    thanks ashi! Is it as simple as turning on the phone and running internalz!?
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Yup, that should do it. I always connect with novaterm, tar up the files, and then receive file using webosquickinstall, but whichever way you prefer.

cd /tmp/tokens
    tar cfv tokens.tar *

in the quickinstall receive: /tmp/tokens/tokens.tar
    Quote Originally Posted by THAANSA3 View Post
    This is awesome! I can't wait to try it. I just ordered a reasonably priced Pre Plus on Ebay for this very process. However, I do have one glaring question (that may end up having an obvious answer). Should one complete the process successfully, is there any way to walk into a Sprint store or Bestbuy should there be some kind of "cosmetic" issue and go undetected? The difference between the Pre and Pre + is unmistakable (one has the pearl and the other doesn't). All it would take is for a keen eye to see that the top bar says "Sprint" and not either of the other carriers. That would presumably present a problem, no?
    First of all, what possibly scenario can you come up with for needing to show the Sprint reps your phone?? If you're insuring it, you're just gonna get a regular ol' Sprint Pre in return.

Also... there is no problem with buying two devices and hacking them together any way you see fit. They are your property!! Not Sprint's!
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I removed my Equipment Protection Plan after doing the upgrade. If my plus fails, I can always swap back to the minus, or just use my hardware upgrade that is waiting with Sprint. Saves $7 a month, which will help pay towards the purchase of the Plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead View Post
    Yeah, there's more than one board in a Pre.

The comms board doesn't contain the processor or memory, that's on a different board. Most people are putting the Sprint comms board into a Verizon Pre Plus, and getting all the Pre Plus benefits (RAM, memory, etc) while running on Sprint's network.

I think one person a few pages back apparently did it the other way, putting his Verizon Pre Plus OMAP board into his Sprint Pre with Sprint comms board.
    Actually, I was thinking the same thing as the person you responded to. I was thinking that the Verizon internals would be going into the Sprint phone. I guess that would add too many unnecessary steps.
    Actually, I was thinking the same thing as the person you responded to. I was thinking that the Verizon internals would be going into the Sprint phone. I guess that would add too many unnecessary steps.
    Moving an omap board is a lot harder than moving a comms board, and a lot more likely to damage something.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Moving an omap board is a lot harder than moving a comms board, and a lot more likely to damage something.

-- Rod
    I hear you, Rod.
    I ordered a Verizon PP+ yesterday but, after reading all the posts about its keyboard, I'm wishing I would have gotten an AT&T PP+. Is the keyboard on the Verizon version really that bad?