Page 34 of 68 FirstFirst ... 242930313233343536373839 44 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I've swapped my Comms Board from the Sprint to the Verizon phone. But when I run the metadoctor that 2sslow provided for me, it says my device isn't compatible. Has anyone else run into this? If you did, how did you get it to work? I've tried almost 10 times now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGP View Post
    That would be the one setback. But seeing as we have seen the overclocked Pre Plus match speed with the Pre 2, I'm in no hurry to "deuce" my Sprint Pre Plus.
    There's more to it than what meets the eye.

The battery life of a Pre 2 should last at least 3 or 4 times longer than an OC'd Pre [Plus].
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    There's more to it than what meets the eye.

The battery life of a Pre 2 should last at least 3 or 4 times longer than an OC'd Pre [Plus].
    3 or 4 times longer? I doubt it.

Since no-one has shown real figures on it yet, I'd expect "up to 2 times longer".

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  4.    #665  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    3 or 4 times longer? I doubt it.

Since no-one has shown real figures on it yet, I'd expect "up to 2 times longer".

-- Rod
    I would say that's probably pretty generous too, Rod. I would guess 25-33% better battery life, at most.
    My battery life sucks when OC'ed... so if I don't see twice the battery life with the new processor, then I'll be majorly disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnaMayShun View Post
    I've swapped my Comms Board from the Sprint to the Verizon phone. But when I run the metadoctor that 2sslow provided for me, it says my device isn't compatible. Has anyone else run into this? If you did, how did you get it to work? I've tried almost 10 times now.
    No one ran into this problem? or knows a solution?
    If it says the device is incompatible, I think that means there's a mismatch between the comm board and device that the patched webosdoctor is targeting. Did you buy the Sprint donor or was it one that you already had and know works? If you're certain that you have a working Sprint comm board, then I would re-do the meta-doctor step.
    I'm pretty sure your tokens weren't brought over properly. Make 100% sure you copied ALL the tokens in accurately, no typos or anything, rebuild your meta-doctor and try again.

You can not use a meta-doctor provided by someone else since your device has unique tokens to identify the comm board with. You need to build it yourself. Unless you sent him the tokens, in which case, tell HIM to double check the tokens and make sure everything is accurate and meta-doctor again.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    I'm pretty sure your tokens weren't brought over properly. Make 100% sure you copied ALL the tokens in accurately, no typos or anything, rebuild your meta-doctor and try again.

You can not use a meta-doctor provided by someone else since your device has unique tokens to identify the comm board with. You need to build it yourself. Unless you sent him the tokens, in which case, tell HIM to double check the tokens and make sure everything is accurate and meta-doctor again.
    Agreed. Also make sure "REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK" and "REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK" are uncommented before you build the Meta-doctor. I recommend building it yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by ashi View Post
    Agreed. Also make sure "REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK" and "REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK" are uncommented before you build the Meta-doctor.
    Good point. I assumed he was referring to the stock Palm Doctor for his carrier after the boards were swapped and the meta-doctor (with carrier/model checks) was already applied. That's definitely the first step.
    can someome please help me extract tokens?

I have a sprint pre that I have never used (ebay) it has a clean esn, but the lens is broke. It has been logged into, it opens up to the persons homescreen. I can see everything, type but cant touch. I can get to dev mode app(it is off) but cant turn on. There is no preware installed.
    I guess I need to meta-doctor to bypass sign in and turn on dev mode. then extract tokens by? maybe running a script in terminal of quick install? I have never used meta-doctor, so this will be fun
    Any help is much appreciated
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkyfischer View Post

I have a sprint pre that I have never used (ebay) it has a clean esn, but the lens is broke. It has been logged into, it opens up to the persons homescreen. I can see everything, type but cant touch. I can get to dev mode app(it is off) but cant turn on. There is no preware installed.
    I guess I need to meta-doctor to bypass sign in and turn on dev mode. then extract tokens by? maybe running a script in terminal of quick install? I have never used meta-doctor, so this will be fun
    Any help is much appreciated
    Hey Stinky. I know Rod mentioned a method a while back... in this thread, I think, of extracting tokens by doing the power-on-with-volume-button-up method. I like to do the regular login with novaterm, and so I use a "simple" metadoctor that turns on dev mode by uncommenting ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE in the Makefile. Then I can "simply" run these commands in novaterm:

cd /tmp/tokens
    ls
    tar cfv tokens.tar *

(I run ls just to see that the token files are there.)

Then with WebOSQuickinstall, I receive file: /tmp/tokens/tokens.tar and then expand that file on my computer. Most any OS can expand a tar file. Then you'll have a little text file for each token with the value inside. If you're using Linux or similar, I have a script I can send you that will nicely format the values from the text files to XML for use in Metadoctoring.

Good luck!
    I have a dual boot netbook with ubuntu netbook and XP. novacom stopped working on the mac and i never tried to hard but .jar files dont work on ubuntu. I am going to have to look up novaterm, I dont know how to sign in that way, can I just Bypass first use app and enable dev mode?

Also what is my favorite text editor for ubuntu, I am very new at it, but I boot it 99% of time since I changed dual boot to that from win7/xp.
    thanks again, my copy/paste skills are lacking today
    Last edited by stinkyfischer; 10/22/2010 at 05:14 PM.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I have a dual boot netbook with ubuntu netbook and XP. novacom stopped working on the mac and i never tried to hard but .jar files dont work on ubuntu. I am going to have to look up novaterm, I dont know how to sign in that way, can I just Bypass first use app and enable dev mode?

Also what is my favorite text editor for ubuntu, I am very new at it, but I boot it 99% of time since I changed dual boot to that from win7/xp.
    Are you saying you've used novacom but not novaterm?
    novaterm just calls novacom with a few options:
    exec novacom $* -t open tty://0

Dev mode needs to be enabled before novacom/novaterm will work. So yes, bypass first use and enable dev mode. Put pre for device and sprint for carrier. After you run that metadoctor, you should be able to log in with novaterm (novacom).

Java files don't work with Ubuntu? Do you have OpenJDK or any Java installed? Check that and try one of these two methods:

Method 1: Right click on the file, Open with OpenJDK Java 6 Runtime

Method 2: Open a terminal. Type:
    java -jar
    (make sure there is a space at the end)
    then drag the .jar file to the terminal to have it populate the path and filename
    then hit Enter.

Gedit is the default graphical text editor for Ubuntu and should be fine. I just use vi from a terminal, but it takes a lot of getting used to.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    thanks again, my copy/paste skills are lacking today
    Read this through. It should explain what you need to do for a metadoctor (without the tokens part for now).
    Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals
    Ummm... to extract tokens from your original phone, just install Internalz and copy the tokens folder into your USB drive.

That was the easiest thing I could think of.
    Quote Originally Posted by ashi View Post
    Gedit is the default graphical text editor for Ubuntu and should be fine. I just use vi from a terminal, but it takes a lot of getting used to.
    You can say that again! I used vi for the longest time and accidentally double clicked one of the token files and to my surprise gedit opened up and I almost punched myself in the face. WHY would I want to use/learn vi through the terminal if I can just use Gedit. >.<.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Ummm... to extract tokens from your original phone, just install Internalz and copy the tokens folder into your USB drive.

That was the easiest thing I could think of.
    Hard to install Internalz if you can't touch or even enter Developer mode.