Page 31 of 68 FirstFirst ... 212627282930313233343536 41 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Amusing, I was considering responding to you over on the Palm developer forums, but didn't want to derail that topic.

No worries with updates. At the end of this guide, you use the original palm provided doctor for Sprint, so you are, in fact, back on the main line as far as they are concerned. You just happen to have a little bit more ram/storage in your device.

And interestingly enough, your old device will continue to work, just without a radio, since it hasn't been doctored yet. A couple of caveats there, though. First, since you've copied your wifi mac address to your Sprint Pre Plus, you wouldn't want to turn on the wifi antenna on your AT&T Pre minus since it has the same mac address still (at least, I think). Regardless, you don't want your AT&T Pre minus getting on the network since it is still linked to your original Palm profile which you have more than likely activated on your new Sprint Pre Plus. Having the same profile activated on multiple devices apparently can erase your profile - I can't find a link on this so I might be remembering wrong.

However, you could use this guide, customized a bit, to build a modified doctor for your AT&T Pre minus. You would still need to bypass activation one way or another on it, but maybe you could have your own profile for that device then and use it over wifi? I plan on trying this next.

EDIT:
    A couple of notes: As specified in the OP, go slowly. I took about 2 hours to do the software part while watching tv (there was lots of waiting in that part). Then I took 2-3 hours to do the hardware, because I was being VERY careful and gentle with the pieces. I didn't want to break anything (like that volume rocker ribbon or the snaps for the keyboard front plate). And the first time I did it, I hadn't removed the backplate completely, which makes everything much tighter. As long as you are careful with the volume rocker contact pad and make sure you remove that first, there's no reason not to go ahead and remove the backplate completely. It makes getting the comms board off (and more importantly, back on) correctly so much easier. Plus, for you in particular (and anybody else doing a AT&T Pre Plus conversion) you really should switch the backplates anyway.
    thanks for the response sir. im definitely comfortable with the hardware part as i have already transplanted a new screen onto my old pre.

thanks for the help,

number1pete
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    I've done it! I successfully converted an AT&T Pre Plus (the free developer phone Palm gave out last week) to a Sprint phone. It is currently working flawlessly under my old Sprint contract.

This tutorial was straight forward and so was the actual work. The only issue i came across was dealing with the extra long AT&T antennas but i swear my Sprint reception is better now!

For those of you concerned about using your old phone (that has the same mac addresses which is known to seriously screw up palm profiles) don't fret. There are two things you can do.
    1. give your old phone an arbitrary mac address durring the castle.xml adjustment part of the meta doctor process
    2. or use this after you do a regular webos doctor:
    Developing on an Unactivated Device - Palm Developer Center

good luck,

number1pete
    L337Tech.com
    Last edited by number1pete; 10/12/2010 at 11:16 AM.
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Hmm I just got a used AT&T Pre Plus and tried to unlock it, and yeah, it seems they are locked out from getting that information. She couldn't find out when the information would be available either. I may shop around for a cheap code on ebay. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Thats odd. The first tech I spoke to said they would do that for me, but then stopped in her tracks and said, we're under contract and even if I did open the case, they would come back with the same information "this device is ineligible".

*sigh*

Sorry livinofframen for taking over your thread with off topic convo >.<.
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    thanks for the response sir. im definitely comfortable with the hardware part as i have already transplanted a new screen onto my old pre.

thanks for the help,

number1pete
    pm sent
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    ok ive got a couple of questions.

WHEN i get the new phone can i just take my sprint pre plus and transfer it to my girlfriends account by using the dec number that was on my original pre?

and also can i take a com card out of a busted screen sprint pre and put it in my old pre and it would work or would i have to build meta-doctor to do that?

Thanks,
    Daniel
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    This is very cool. I currently have a Sprint Pre with a broken screen and a working Pre as my primary phone.

If I'm reading this correctly, I need to activate the currently de-activated broken Sprint phone in order to turn a Pre Plus into a Sprint Plus?

Craigslist rulz - there are a ton of Pre Plus available.
    Quote Originally Posted by djprelude View Post
    ok ive got a couple of questions.

WHEN i get the new phone can i just take my sprint pre plus and transfer it to my girlfriends account by using the dec number that was on my original pre?

and also can i take a com card out of a busted screen sprint pre and put it in my old pre and it would work or would i have to build meta-doctor to do that?

Thanks,
    Daniel
    1) Yes. Sprint will see the new rebuilt as the old one.

2) http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2634680
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I just finished my plusification and at first with the 1.4.5 doctor none of my apps downloaded so I doctored to 1.4.1 and then all the SDK apps were restored even some that I had deleted.

I then did the OTA for 1.4.5 but still none of my PDK apps are there, help?
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
    Quote Originally Posted by neit_jnf View Post
    I just finished my plusification and at first with the 1.4.5 doctor none of my apps downloaded so I doctored to 1.4.1 and then all the SDK apps were restored even some that I had deleted.

I then did the OTA for 1.4.5 but still none of my PDK apps are there, help?
    Yea same thing happened to me. You have to manually go re download all your PDK apps. Sorry it sucks I know.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    So I recently discovered the built-in interactive tests. To get to them, launch Device Info and drag down the upper left for the menu and choose Tests: Interactive Tests.

I tried them out on a "new" Sprint Pre Plus, and I couldn't hear the tones it claimed to be playing. I then tried to play a few ringtones, which hardly made a sound, even with the volume up and the ringtone and system sound volumes up. I made a test call, and I could hear my friend, but she couldn't hear me too well. I thought maybe I'd have to find the bad component and do some swapping with a Verizon Pre Minus.

Then I set that phone aside and tested another one--same results. I rebooted the phone, and sound was back to normal. Perhaps the audio interactive test on the Sprint software is looking for something a little different on a Sprint phone. I think I will go back to manually checking the audio.
    Quote Originally Posted by ashi View Post
    So I recently discovered the built-in interactive tests. To get to them, launch Device Info and drag down the upper left for the menu and choose Tests: Interactive Tests.

I tried them out on a "new" Sprint Pre Plus, and I couldn't hear the tones it claimed to be playing...
    Oh wow. You're right. I have the same problem. I don't have a problem playing music or hearing my loud ringtone or anything, just the diagnostic tests aren't working. I also noticed that images from the diagnostics test aren't loading up either. It may just be a file name/location error tbh. I think it's just not locating the media files (images/audio) to be able to play them.

I could be wrong though. Interesting find.
    My modified Verizon (bad ESN) minus doesn't play them either. Has anyone confirmed they're still working in 1.4.5 at all?
    My wife doesn't want me to upgrade her phone because she is afraid I will break it. My Sprint Pre Plus is still running great after one week. I'm noticing better battery life but that might just be the battery in the Verizon phone has been used less.
    I then tried to play a few ringtones, which hardly made a sound, even with the volume up and the ringtone and system sound volumes up...
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Oh wow. You're right. I have the same problem. I don't have a problem playing music or hearing my loud ringtone or anything....
    Looks like I lied. I do have a problem playing my ringtone. I noticed that the ringtone is only played from the front speaker and not the loud back speaker. This is why even at loud volume, it's not very loud...

Is that what's happening to you? Can anyone else confirm that their ringtone works fine (from the back speaker)?

*update* After I reset the phone (hold power button and toggle the ringer switch) the ringtones now play from the back speaker... Odd...
    so who do i hav to pay to convert my palm minus to a plus :P
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezero0065 View Post
    Do you have a Pre Plus already? Send me both phones and I'll do it for:
    $20 and return postage for both phones
    OR
    Free if I get to keep the leftover parts.

PM if interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezero0065 View Post
    Do you have a Pre Plus already? Send me both phones and I'll do it for:
    $20 and return postage for both phones
    OR
    Free if I get to keep the leftover parts.

PM if interested.
    Same here, Im on the east coast of the US if thats closer for you?

Cheaper shipping and quicker turn around.

LMK
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

webOS World will be offering a service with similar pricing very soon (WebOS World).
    Or I can do it if you're in Canada...

In fact very soon I'll have a Bell one premodded to sell. Stay tuned.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    If I can't sell the Verizon Palm Pre Plus I posted in the marketplace, I might consider doing the switch for free and give away the phone. I'm located in Southern California.