Page 29 of 68 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    had same prob jones. Had to doc to 1.4.1 then ota to 1.4.5
    Guess im just stuck waiting for this download to finish then... 10 mins left... my internet sucks here...
    I have a second Verizon Palm Pre Plus for purchase if anyone is interested. I bought 2 pluses in case I screwed one up during the disassembly process. There is a small crack at the top and the micro-usb door is missing.
    Please forgive me for not reading all 29 pages of this thread, but has anyone attempted a similar conversion with a Pixi yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Please forgive me for not reading all 29 pages of this thread, but has anyone attempted a similar conversion with a Pixi yet?
    Pixi's radio is tied to the CPU board, though the Wi-Fi is detachable, and that's the only thing different on a Pixi Plus.

So what you're looking at is a working Sprint Pixi and swap the Wi-Fi/Storage board from a broken or bad ESN Verizon Pixi Plus, then do a token switch and Sprint Doctor.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pi...rks-100-a.html
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    If it really it true that we won't see new hardware until early next year, I am glad I made the switch to the Pre Plus. Running at 1ghz I can definitely wait. It feels like a brand new phone. I also installed the faster card animations patch and my Pre Plus is super quick.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I managed to get everything working, but I'm experiencing a weird bug with the application updates page. It shows what appears to be a completely blank row updating something... and I can't cancel it.

Does anybody know a way to make it reset the update app db? I remember reading there is a command to clear the db, but I can't seem to find it now?
    Ok, it wont let me post links yet, so here is the solution I found courtesy of rgisraelsen:

Solution:

From a terminal window, type the following commands:

cd /var
    cd palm
    cd data
    cd com.palm.appInstallService
    rm installHistory.db
    press orange + SYM + R to reboot

I still get a message showing that there is app updates in the updates app and when I click it it shows no available app updates... If anyone else finds a solution to that feel free to let me know. I can ignore it, but it would always be nice get this fixed if possible.
    I read some posts back that someone had a problem with their bluetooth. I have a pre+ with pre keyboard ( I had the verizon keyboard issue so I changed it). I did not check the bluetooth before doing the swap but since the swap is done I am lucky to get arms length reception from my bluetooth if there is anything in the way I get lots of static and sometimes no sound at all. I have re doctored, full erased, webos repair utility. Anyone have any ideas of anything else I can try or if this is a hardware issue.. Thanks
    Question! Are you guys only having the keyboard issues with the verizon pre+'s? I mentioned that earlier in this thread & someone told me I was wrong, the keyboard issue was not a verizon thing. (not trying to start an argument)
    just want to know if AT&T/Sprint Pre+'s are having this problem too?
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    Question! Are you guys only having the keyboard issues with the verizon pre+'s? I mentioned that earlier in this thread & someone told me I was wrong, the keyboard issue was not a verizon thing. (not trying to start an argument)
    NickDG would beg to differ...

I do notice lately on my Verizon some keys are not as responsive as the others. But I'm a rather slow keyboardist so it's not too bothering for me. I LOVE the additional clicky feel compared to the Bell Pre.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by fiction1990 View Post
    I read some posts back that someone had a problem with their bluetooth. I have a pre+ with pre keyboard ( I had the verizon keyboard issue so I changed it). I did not check the bluetooth before doing the swap but since the swap is done I am lucky to get arms length reception from my bluetooth if there is anything in the way I get lots of static and sometimes no sound at all. I have re doctored, full erased, webos repair utility. Anyone have any ideas of anything else I can try or if this is a hardware issue.. Thanks
    I'm the one that mentioned the problem and I haven't found any solution for it yet. I may try to transplant into a Palm Pre case to see if that helps, but that'll have to wait until next week.

Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    I've only played with Sprint keyboards and Verizon keyboards and I've only had problems with the Verizon keyboards. The reports seem to indicate that the AT&T keyboards are fine as well though.
    Something to consider... Those of you exp hardware probs i.e. Bluetooth,keyboards, etc. Are you using refurb phones? Were you able to test the bluetooth/keyboard capabilities before you performed surgery? I am using brand new equip (sprint board + ATT+) with absolutely NO PROBLEMS so far. My keyboard works perfectly and bluetooth works from 30 ft away from my bedroom touchstone to living room sony ericsson pendant stereo hookup. Also GPS is fast and accurate. Not bragging just trying to give you a stable control product to troubleshoot from. Hope this helps!
    I bought used phones, so it is entirely possible that my issues are related to somewhat defective source parts. However, I did try the bluetooth out in a partially reassembled phone and I got much better bluetooth range at that point. Once I reassembled it fully, I lost much of that bluetooth range. I may have to try out some AT&T equipment to compare.
    Our of curiosity, can I perform this both ways?

I have a Sprint Pre and an ATT Pre Plus. Can I write down the tokens for both phones, make meta doctors for each one, run them, install them, and then doctor each one with their respective Doctors.

Has anyone done this and had a Verizon/ATT Pre - and a Sprint Pre +?
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Our of curiosity, can I perform this both ways?

I have a Sprint Pre and an ATT Pre Plus. Can I write down the tokens for both phones, make meta doctors for each one, run them, install them, and then doctor each one with their respective Doctors.

Has anyone done this and had a Verizon/ATT Pre - and a Sprint Pre +?
    entirely possible to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGP View Post
    entirely possible to do.
    Awesome sounds good. Hopefully i can get some success stories before tomorrow. That's when I'll attempt mine. I don't have an ATT SIM to experiment my ATT phone, but I'll work on the Sprint one and see how that goes.

Thanks!
    Is there anyone in the Phoenix area willing to do this conversion for me? I have a Sprint Pre and a new ATT Pre Plus. If need be I will pay a fee. Any takers?
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    SirataXero: Yes, I have done this a few times. I have a Verizon Palm Pre (non-plus) up on eBay right now.

Quote Originally Posted by wingsofazraell View Post
    Is there anyone in the Phoenix area willing to do this conversion for me? I have a Sprint Pre and a new ATT Pre Plus. If need be I will pay a fee. Any takers?
    Sorry, I'm in Northern California. I would gladly do this by mail in exchange for the leftover parts.
    Quote Originally Posted by ashi View Post
    SirataXero: Yes, I have done this a few times. I have a Verizon Palm Pre (non-plus) up on eBay right now.
    Awesome, sounds good!

Thanks for the feedback.

Now I just have to find a T5 Screwdriver. >.<.