Page 28 of 68 FirstFirst ... 182324252627282930313233 38 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I need some help with the battery not charging on the FrankenPre+. I checked the BATT tokens and they match the original Pre- and I have been charging the batteries on the Pre-. What else could it be?
    Quote Originally Posted by drrick9779 View Post
    I need some help with the battery not charging on the FrankenPre+. I checked the BATT tokens and they match the original Pre- and I have been charging the batteries on the Pre-. What else could it be?
    Did you scroll all the way over on the BATT Tokens/ the first 2 times I didn't even scroll over and left off 2 characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by drrick9779 View Post
    Go back and look again. I guarantee you missed the last couple digits of the token if you wrote them down. The last couple don't fit on the screen.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    So, I put up my first Sprint Pre Plus on eBay. It should be pretty easy to find (includes the word "hacked"). I also put up a donor Verizon Palm Pre with a cracked screen and bad ESN, recommended for developer use or parts. Must stop buying broken phones till I sell a few conversions.

I added that I would refund $25 if a Sprint Pre is sent back after the auction. I don't think I'll be making a lot, especially compared to the effort involved, but I'm having fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    Go back and look again. I guarantee you missed the last couple digits of the token if you wrote them down. The last couple don't fit on the screen.
    Also if you are using internalz to collect your tokens, Use landscape mode to see all characters. There should be 40 characters in the BATT Tokens
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by ashi View Post
    So, I put up my first Sprint Pre Plus on eBay. It should be pretty easy to find (includes the word "hacked"). I also put up a donor Verizon Palm Pre with a cracked screen and bad ESN, recommended for developer use or parts. Must stop buying broken phones till I sell a few conversions.

I added that I would refund $25 if a Sprint Pre is sent back after the auction. I don't think I'll be making a lot, especially compared to the effort involved, but I'm having fun.
    I'm watching the auction.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Also if you are using internalz to collect your tokens, Use landscape mode to see all characters. There should be 40 characters in the BATT Tokens
    40 characters for BATToRSP and 16 characters for BATToCH.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Has anyone had trouble with the app catalog with their Sprint Pre Plus? Not all the apps are available for download and if I try to download Angry Birds, for example, through Preware, it says that I cannot download it with my current software version.

I have doctored my phone with Sprint 1.4.5 after using the meta-doctor.
    How many apps do you show? I have 3967 in my catalog and have no problem loading them.
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    How many apps do you show? I have 3967 in my catalog and have no problem loading them.
    I'm seeing 3407 :/
    Quote Originally Posted by runtimmyc View Post
    I'm seeing 3407 :/
    Can we assume you have the latest Sprint 1.4.5 regular old doctor installed and you are signed in to your correct profile? Remember you need an active Sprint ESN. Do you have all the standard Sprint apps like SprintNav and SprintTV showing up? Maybe try a fresh doctor and start over?!
    Last edited by matteebee13; 10/05/2010 at 12:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Can we assume you have the latest Sprint 1.4.5 regular old doctor installed and you are signed in to your correct profile? Remember you need an active Sprint ESN. Do you have all the standard Sprint apps like SprintNav and SprintTV showing up?
    Yes, I doctored with the regular 1.4.5 sprint doctor and have all the standard pre-installed apps. I am using the same com board as my old pre, so the active ESN isn't the problem.
    I am showing all the apps. Maybe the PDK apps are missing for some reason?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo

You may want to add some pictures or remove Hacked from the title. I think it's scaring people away.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnaMayShun View Post
    You may want to add some pictures or remove Hacked from the title. I think it's scaring people away.
    I think the word hacked is appropriate, and people should know what they're getting into, but thanks. Two watchers so far, one bid, and 4 days to go, so I think it's doing fine.

Maybe next time I shall explain what I mean by hacked... or use "converted."

By the way, there are a lot of pictures on that listing.
    I think the word hacked is appropriate, and people should know what they're getting into, but thanks. Two watchers so far, one bid, and 4 days to go, so I think it's doing fine.

Maybe next time I shall explain what I mean by hacked... or use "converted."

By the way, there are a lot of pictures on that listing.
    I meant the default picture it's showing as "Image not available" when I go to the listing.

If you would've put this up like 2 weeks ago i'd be all over it.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Weird, the default picture and all the others show up fine for me.
    Weird, the default picture and all the others show up fine for me.
    Well guess it's my computer, my bad.
    I got about 2 weeks before I have my Sprint Pre PLus.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    ok finally got my Sprint Pre Plus up and running correctly.

i also swapped out the keyboard and keys cause i have an ex verizon pre plus and the keys were messin up. for everyone wanting to do that all i did was peel the keyboard off the metal piece and stick it on the other phone, works perfect.

and i would like to thank the OP and everyone that helped me out.
    So I got everything working perfectly, except no pdk apps are working. They say they aren't compatible with my current os. I web doctored with a vanilla sprint 1.4.5 for the last step and they still dont work?

Anyone else had this issue and been able to fix it without waiting for another webosdoctor to download and doing the ota update?