Page 27 of 68 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    ok i cant get my webosdoctor.jar file to move to into my metadoctor file. ive even tried doing it copy and paste but my metadoctor file has a "lock" on the icon and when i go into it it wont let me paste.

any ideas? i didnt have this problem the first time
    Quote Originally Posted by djprelude View Post
    ok i cant get my webosdoctor.jar file to move to into my metadoctor file. ive even tried doing it copy and paste but my metadoctor file has a "lock" on the icon and when i go into it it wont let me paste.

any ideas? i didnt have this problem the first time
    To unlock a folder or file, in terminal, type chown "your user name" "file directory". To make the "file directory" easy, instead of typing the words out, drag the icon into the terminal and it wil automatically populate the name. This makes it editable by you.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, “I don't need to drink to have fun.” Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    What I want to know is, how do I take my Sprint Pre from an account that got shut off, and activate it on Boost Mobile, Virgin or iWireless? (i.e. a prepaid carrier that uses Sprint's network) The problem is they have a set list of ESN's they'll accept and if yours isn't on it, they aren't going to let you use it. But I've seen people on the internet claim they can do it if you pay them. Anybody know how it's done?
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    To unlock a folder or file, in terminal, type chown "your user name" "file directory". To make the "file directory" easy, instead of typing the words out, drag the icon into the terminal and it wil automatically populate the name. This makes it editable by you.

ok i did that and it unlocked the meta-doctor file but now all the files inside of the meta-doctor file are locked. so i still cant modify the makefile.

i also tried starting from scratch and it does the same thing.

im lost
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    Has anyone noticed their Sprint Pre Plus taking longer to wake up than your original Pre? When mine goes to sleep with the slider open, using the space bar works like the center button, but it lags rather than waking up immediately. Same on the other two I've done. Not a huge deal, but just annoying.
    also, this keyboard is junk. I can't believe any Plus owner would put up with this. I only used the Verizon iteration, so I can't speak for the AT&T version, but I've used the back key a tom on this post itself. Going to transplant the sprint slider for it. Just hope I don't see a good oreo come along with it.
    Initially it did seems laggy when waking it after the screen went to sleep but it eventually overcame that...couldn't say why. I've tightened every piece of hardware down so that there is no play with the keyboard and the back key and enter key still give me fits. I have been avoiding doing anymore hardware mods as I don't want to risk ruining everything in the process.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    ok i did that and it unlocked the meta-doctor file but now all the files inside of the meta-doctor file are locked. so i still cant modify the makefile.

im lost
    ok i got that taken care of. i had to unlock each file within meta-doctor using "chown".

now everytime i run "make unpack" i get this:

mkdir -p downloads
    Please download the correct version of the webOS Doctor .jar file
    and then move it to downloads/webosdoctorundefined-.jar (i.e. the downloads directory that was just created under the current directory).
    make: *** [downloads/webosdoctorundefined-.jar] Error 1

ive made sure im root and im in meta-doctor and i have renamed the webosdoctor.jar to "webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.4.5.jar"

please i need help.
    ok i got that taken care of. i had to unlock each file within meta-doctor using "chown".

now everytime i run "make unpack" i get this:

mkdir -p downloads
    Please download the correct version of the webOS Doctor .jar file
    and then move it to downloads/webosdoctorundefined-.jar (i.e. the downloads directory that was just created under the current directory).
    make: *** [downloads/webosdoctorundefined-.jar] Error 1

ive made sure im root and im in meta-doctor and i have renamed the webosdoctor.jar to "webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.4.5.jar"

please i need help.
    You need to modify the Makefile to the right carrier. Metadoctor is looking for webosdoctorundefined-.jar.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I typed too soon about the unresponsive keyboard problem going away. It is really annoying having to pay attention to what I type because a keystroke might not register. I am going to attempt a keyboard transplant today.
    Question: when I am transplanting the keyboard/mirror, am I transplanting the whole part that includes the camera, on/off switch, SN and such? I took apart the Sprint Pre and don't know where to go from there. I hope it's as easy as removing the ribbon from the volume rocker and I am set.
    Last edited by kuffcakes; 10/03/2010 at 12:56 PM.
    Im using cygwin and I keep getting the error "cannot change ownership uid 1000 to gid 10000" when I run make unpack.

Anyone know why. I was able to run it once before successfully but now I get that error.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Mylott View Post
    What I want to know is, how do I take my Sprint Pre from an account that got shut off, and activate it on Boost Mobile, Virgin or iWireless? (i.e. a prepaid carrier that uses Sprint's network) The problem is they have a set list of ESN's they'll accept and if yours isn't on it, they aren't going to let you use it. But I've seen people on the internet claim they can do it if you pay them. Anybody know how it's done?
    Yes.

How will you be paying today?

im lost
    Are you working under the Ubuntu VM? If so you need to run all commands as root.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Are you working under the Ubuntu VM? If so you need to run all commands as root.
    Yup, the first step in configuring Meta-doctor was 'sudo -s'. This sets ROOT Access for the entire session.
    Quote Originally Posted by kuffcakes View Post
    Question: when I am transplanting the keyboard/mirror, am I transplanting the whole part that includes the camera, on/off switch, SN and such? I took apart the Sprint Pre and don't know where to go from there. I hope it's as easy as removing the ribbon from the volume rocker and I am set.
    Yes, the whole thing including the two ribbons that connect to the front display area.
    Cool, I figured as much and went ahead with the swap. The only problem I ran into was the screw on the Sprint Pre hiding behind the plastic piece decided it didn't want to come out. I broke the ribbon on the Verizon volume rocker but I'm not using that piece now that I have my Sprint keyboard/mirror on my Sprint Palm Pre Plus. Woot!
    Quote Originally Posted by kuffcakes View Post
    You can transplant those as well, they're identical.

Undo the screws under the MEID labels, then disconnect the flex connectors under the slider.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    How do you guys keep breaking the ribbon cable?

Are you trying to do this swap w/o disconnecting it? Its very simple, w/ the Pre face down remove the volume rocker and with a small pry tool gently insert it in the rocker area and pry down and the brass connector will come out. Ive done this 5 times and have not once broken anything.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

I took the volume rocker off after part of the disassembly process and that is how my cable broke. I should have removed it first.
    Last edited by kuffcakes; 10/04/2010 at 09:50 AM.
    lol
    I've had my Pre Plus for a couple weeks now and I am so happy with it. The AT&T keyboard is so nice. I can pound out e-mails so quick now. The clickiness and the travel is so much better than the Sprint keyboard.

The phone is so fast at 1 ghz. I can run so many apps at once without any slowdowns. Games launch fast and don't stutter at all.

If you are on the fence about doing this upgrade, DO IT!
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo