Page 24 of 68 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    You'll have to install it. Use VirtualBox to create a VM, then work in there.

Installing Ubuntu inside Windows using VirtualBox
    guess I'm the only one here who actually USES ubuntu.
    You should be doing this as a side gig. People on here would pay you a ready made Sprint Pre Plus.
    The Saint
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d1sturbd View Post
    guess I'm the only one here who actually USES ubuntu.
    I installed it just for the meta docotr
    Quote Originally Posted by clintwinstead View Post
    You should be doing this as a side gig. People on here would pay you a ready made Sprint Pre Plus.
    I dont really think too many people would pay what it would take to do this if they also had to pay shipping both ways + the cost of the Pre+ not to mention a fair amount of donation for creating the metaDr and the actual comm board swap.

These are pretty easy if your just doing the board swap but theres always a chance you could break some small part or the volume rocker ribbon cable.

Lets see.

Palm Pre+ 150.00
    Shipping w/ Insurance both ways 40.00
    MetaDr + comboard swap = ? 50.00 (? fair price)

Would somebody really pay that? I guess because Im good at doing this kind of stuff, I wouldnt pay basically 100.00 above the cost of the device for this.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

$40 shipping really?

I think there are people who totally do it. Those who pay to have their houses cleaned, their shirts pressed, their lawns mowed.

While I am not in any of those categories above, I would pay for that service.
    I don't have time to mess with my phone, I just want it to work.
    I did add preware... But to take another phone apart, emmm, I would rather pay.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    I dont really think too many people would pay what it would take to do this if they also had to pay shipping both ways + the cost of the Pre+ not to mention a fair amount of donation for creating the metaDr and the actual comm board swap.

These are pretty easy if your just doing the board swap but theres always a chance you could break some small part or the volume rocker ribbon cable.

Lets see.

Palm Pre+ 150.00
    Shipping w/ Insurance both ways 40.00
    MetaDr + comboard swap = ? 50.00 (? fair price)

Would somebody really pay that? I guess because Im good at doing this kind of stuff, I wouldnt pay basically 100.00 above the cost of the device for this.
    Shipping might be on the high side but not far off.

look at it this way,

youll at the very least want to send it UPS, w/ safe packaging and insurance it will be nearly 20.00 each way. And since you will have to send both phones and youll be w/o a device until its returned you might want it next day which will almost double your cost.

Not saying nobody would do it but its not going to be cheap.

I can do this if anybodys really interested but remember theres always a chance of problems when dealing w/ small electronics.

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Shipping might be on the high side but not far off.

look at it this way,

youll at the very least want to send it UPS, w/ safe packaging and insurance it will be nearly 20.00 each way. And since you will have to send both phones and youll be w/o a device until its returned you might want it next day which will almost double your cost.

Not saying nobody would do it but its not going to be cheap.

I can do this if anybodys really interested but remember theres always a chance of problems when dealing w/ small electronics.
    When this thread first started, I posted offering my services to do this conversion. I've had approximately a half dozen inquiries but no one has actually followed through. Most likely because of the issues you've outlined with shipping and being without a phone. I've been quoting $50.

I have however done the meta doctor step for 2 different community members, free of charge. (although one graciously donated to my paypal account). If anyone needs help with this part just PM me, I'd be happy to create the meta doctor with your sprint tokens and provide a download link on my own web server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    When this thread first started, I posted offering my services to do this conversion. I've had approximately a half dozen inquiries but no one has actually followed through. Most likely because of the issues you've outlined with shipping and being without a phone. I've been quoting $50.

I have however done the meta doctor step for 2 different community members, free of charge. (although one graciously donated to my paypal account). If anyone needs help with this part just PM me, I'd be happy to create the meta doctor with your sprint tokens and provide a download link on my own web server.
    I have as well! 1 graciously donated to me as well.

If anybody is interested Im up for it as well!
    No donation required as always but are greatly appreciated!

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Big thanks to Nightburn for helping me out with this conversion. I love my new sprint pre plus.

Well that is one offer I can't refuse. Man, I never want to see Ubunto ever again after this.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

pm sent buddy. also willing to donate. thanks
    Even though I haven't been able to convert my phone yet. I have to give 2sslow thanks for helping me out. He made me a MetaDoctor to bypass the Palm Profile login with Cell service. So I could active it through Wifi. And he worked with me finding all info needed for tokens, so he could make me a MetaDoctor to complete the conversion when I get back to the US. I already donated money to him, and i'll probably donate more when the conversion is done.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    I bought a plastic pry tool from Wireless Toys for 5 bucks & a T5 screwdriver you can find @most hardware stores. China? Where do you live? Anyway, good luck! Let me know if you need help.
    I'm in the US Midwest.

I spent $7.33 and am getting 4 different pry tools, tweezers, flat head and phillips precision drivers, and a 16 piece precision screwdriver set that includes the needed T5. There are even a pair of 2'x1' microfiber towels in that order.
    7-in-1 cellphone tools
    Screwdriver set

All that with free shipping. Meritline has some great prices on random gadgets. The only issue is that a lot of their stuff gets shipped from China at the cheapest rate possible, so it takes a couple of weeks to arrive.
    Last edited by BigGP; 09/26/2010 at 03:43 PM.
    I haven't doctored in awhile.....is this screen a cause for concern after doing all the mods to the hardware?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    I haven't doctored in awhile.....is this screen a cause for concern after doing all the mods to the hardware?
    When I doctor'd my phone about 2 weeks ago. I had that screen too. I'm pretty sure it's normal.
    Normal!

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Man do I love this community. I had an evo but I didnt like android so I decided to come back to the pre. Fortunately I sold my first pre to get the evo so I had to buy another one. At the time the lowest new sprint pre on Ebay was going for about $225. After finding this conversion guide, I paid $125 for a brand new bad esn pre plus and $20 for a cracked screen pre. I ended spending $80 less for a better phone after the conversion.
    Yeah big thanks to everybody in this thread for helpin out, especially Nightburn for helping those of us who are Linux-challenged.

This Sprint Pre+ is great but has anyone else had keyboard issues after doing the conversion? Every few keystrokes seem not to register...it seems sticky and non-responsive.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Yeah big thanks to everybody in this thread for helpin out, especially Nightburn for helping those of us who are Linux-challenged.

This Sprint Pre+ is great but has anyone else had keyboard issues after doing the conversion? Every few keystrokes seem not to register...it seems sticky and non-responsive.
    I was having problems with the letter G. I had to press it exactly 3 times for it to register 1 keypress. After installing patches and uberkernel it stopped though.

I had that problem, so I did the keyboard/mirror transplant as well.