Page 23 of 68 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 1350
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #441  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Not so much. It can be done, Its just way more in depth
    Well I won't be pressing my luck. Unless I get bored, thanks for the info.
  2. tp2386's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    754 Global Posts
    #442  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Not so much. It can be done, Its just way more in depth
    What about the mirror?
  3. tp2386's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    754 Global Posts
    #443  
    How do I go about activating the pre plus if the sprint pre was not activated in the first place when I switched the comm boards?
  4. #444  
    Quote Originally Posted by tp2386 View Post
    How do I go about activating the pre plus if the sprint pre was not activated in the first place when I switched the comm boards?
    At the First Use app, enter ##(MSL)#, edit the MSID and MDN to your own settings. You'll need to get the MSL, MSID and MDN from Sprint.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  5. rothoof's Avatar
    Posts
    510 Posts
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    #445  
    Quote Originally Posted by tp2386 View Post
    How do I go about activating the pre plus if the sprint pre was not activated in the first place when I switched the comm boards?
    What i did was just call them and ask to activate it, then gave them the esn from the sprint pre after i doctored it.
  6. #446  
    Quote Originally Posted by tp2386 View Post
    What about the mirror?
    Same,The mirror is part of the keyboard assembly!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  7. #447  
    I've been playing w my new sprint pre plus so much I skipped a step in the process. I read every page twice, making my swap go smooth so thanks to everyone here. Now if I only had the ...courage to change the mirror and keyboard too.
  8. #448  
    I'm still not getting it..please pm
  9. #449  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepalmpre View Post
    I'm still not getting it..please pm
    Not getting what? Where are you stuck?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  10. #450  
    Man you Pre Plus users are spoiled with this phone. Luna restarts take 30 seconds when clocked at 1 ghz.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  11. BigGP's Avatar
    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    #451  
    I've got a Bad ESN Verizon Pre+, cellphone tools, and a phantom skin on the way now. With luck, in a couple of weeks (the tooks are coming from China via Meritline) I'll be plused and loving it!
  12. #452  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGP View Post
    I've got a Bad ESN Verizon Pre+, cellphone tools, and a phantom skin on the way now. With luck, in a couple of weeks (the tooks are coming from China via Meritline) I'll be plused and loving it!
    I bought a plastic pry tool from Wireless Toys for 5 bucks & a T5 screwdriver you can find @most hardware stores. China? Where do you live? Anyway, good luck! Let me know if you need help.
  13. #453  
    I just used a flat head screw driver gently.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  14. #454  
    I'm carefully making my way through this process in a slow and deliberate way so that I get this right from the beginning. I ran into a snag however and would appreciate some help.

    Here's my situation:

    I'm running Ubuntu using the WUBI method and it keeps giving me an error on Step#7 when downloading Java Runtime 6, as follows:


    404 Not Found [IP: 91.189.92.166 80]
    Failed to fetch http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/poo...buntu3_all.deb 404 Not Found [IP: 91.189.92.166 80]
    Failed to fetch http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/poo....10.04_all.deb 404 Not Found [IP: 91.189.92.166 80]
    Failed to fetch http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/poo...untu3_i386.deb 404 Not Found [IP: 91.189.92.166 80]
    Failed to fetch http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/poo...untu3_i386.deb 404 Not Found [IP: 91.189.92.166 80]
    Failed to fetch http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/poo...untu3_i386.deb 404 Not Found [IP: 91.189.92.166 80]
    E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?

    Any suggestions for me as a newb?
  15. #455  
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    I'm carefully making my way through this process in a slow and deliberate way so that I get this right from the beginning. I ran into a snag however and would appreciate some help.

    Here's my situation:

    I'm running Ubuntu using the WUBI method and it keeps giving me an error on Step#7 when downloading Java Runtime 6, as follows:


    404 Not Found [IP: 91.189.92.166 80]
    Failed to fetch http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/poo...buntu3_all.deb 404 Not Found [IP: 91.189.92.166 80]
    Failed to fetch http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/poo....10.04_all.deb 404 Not Found [IP: 91.189.92.166 80]
    Failed to fetch http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/poo...untu3_i386.deb 404 Not Found [IP: 91.189.92.166 80]
    Failed to fetch http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/poo...untu3_i386.deb 404 Not Found [IP: 91.189.92.166 80]
    Failed to fetch http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/poo...untu3_i386.deb 404 Not Found [IP: 91.189.92.166 80]
    E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?

    Any suggestions for me as a newb?
    Foosball- I would recommend starting with this website and downloading the java runtime file:

    http://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP....linux-i586.bin

    After you get that file, then precisely follow the instructions for Installing JRE (32-bit) here:

    Oracle (Sun) Java JRE - Easy Linux tips project
  16. #456  
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    Foosball- I would recommend starting with this website and downloading the java runtime file:

    http://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP....linux-i586.bin

    After you get that file, then precisely follow the instructions for Installing JRE (32-bit) here:

    Oracle (Sun) Java JRE - Easy Linux tips project
    Thanks for your help, dude.
  17. #457  
    Ok, next question....since I'm running Ubuntu from the image burned to disk the DVD-R that its booting from quickly runs out of memory in the middle of running the MetaDoctor. At that point no commands requiring any additional memory can be run. Any suggestions?
  18. #458  
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    I bought a plastic pry tool from Wireless Toys for 5 bucks & a T5 screwdriver you can find @most hardware stores. China? Where do you live? Anyway, good luck! Let me know if you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I just used a flat head screw driver gently.
    I just used my fingernails.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  19. #459  
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    Ok, next question....since I'm running Ubuntu from the image burned to disk the DVD-R that its booting from quickly runs out of memory in the middle of running the MetaDoctor. At that point no commands requiring any additional memory can be run. Any suggestions?
    You'll have to install it. Use VirtualBox to create a VM, then work in there.

    Installing Ubuntu inside Windows using VirtualBox
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  20. #460  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I just used my fingernails.
    same here

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions