Page 21 of 68 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223242526 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    WOOOHOOO!!!!!!!! TOKENS FOUND!!!! ON BROKEN SCREEN PRE. thanks for the help everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    Oh its alright, any luck on getting your ProdSN
    Unfortunately no, I didn't find my own ProdSN.
    But Rod hooked me up with a ProdSN. Hopefully that works, and I don't have to worry about having my own.
    add me to the list of sprint pre plus owners. Def not as hard as I thoght it would be.
    Someone should start a list of people who's done this and how many phones. Mine will get done next month as long as there's no hiccups.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    on this part in the valuepart would you need to do put "9 bytes" like in the token files? or just 9?

<Val name="ProdSN" action="overwrite" value="9 bytes"/>
    or
    <Val name="ProdSN" action="overwrite" value="9"/>

Also I had to run meta doctor once without changing the makefile, do i need to try and re pack the metadoctor or am safe since I saved the makefile and castlefile with the new values
    Last edited by rothoof; 09/24/2010 at 12:49 AM.
    Got mine done tonight. I could definitely do it a lot quicker now that I have done it.

Apps are restoring, now I just need to load up my patches and kernel and homebrew apps and I am set!

Thanks OP!
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Starting the surgery on the sprint pre
    Starting the surgery on the sprint pre
    Good Luck.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    any suggestions on getting the slider to work right?

It is very stiff right now...
    Last edited by rothoof; 09/24/2010 at 02:21 AM.
    You might've tightened the slider screws too much (if you took it apart), and is your keyboard bezel properly seated? It's tricky to get at that.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    You might've tightened the slider screws too much (if you took it apart), and is your keyboard bezel properly seated? It's tricky to get at that.

yeah im have trouble with the keyboard bezel
    Undo it, bend the hooks down and lock them in first, then snap the bezel back in place. Don't worry you won't break the bezel, it's quite flexible plastic.

Check out Rod's excellent guide to take apart a Pre: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...-palm-pre.html
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    yeah im have trouble with the keyboard bezel
    What is the issue you are having? Is everything in place as it was originally?
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    What is the issue you are having? Is everything in place as it was originally?
    i'm just having trouble getting the hooks in place
    i'm just having trouble getting the hooks in place
    You mean the two pain in the **** tabs on each side? First do the one on the right side, by the usb port. You need to slide it in from below. When you do the other one, it's really not easy to slide it in, but you can bend the bottom piece gently to line it up. Not too much to avoid breaking it, but it will bend enough for you. Just have patience and you'll get it.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    OK awesome i just figured it out on the sprint pre!!
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    yeah once you realize how it goes in its pretty simple
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    now to get meta doctor to recognize that its plugged in.

If i did the developer activation bypass and then ran meta doctor would that help?
    does it need to be in developer mode or recovery mode?
    Last edited by rothoof; 09/24/2010 at 09:54 AM.
    yeah once you realize how it goes in its pretty simple
    That's what she said...

now to get meta doctor to recognize that its plugged in.

If i did the developer activation bypass and then ran meta doctor would that help?
    does it need to be in developer mode or recovery mode?
    Recovery mode. Just follow in instructions to the letter and you'll be cool.