Page 20 of 68 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 1350
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #381  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Could someone w/ a Sprint pre Pleeeeease give me their ProdSN so I can see if its the same for all Sprint Pre's?
    I have 2 sets of sprint tokens and I can confirm that the ProdSN token is NOT the same for all Sprint pres.
  2. #382  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    I have 2 sets of sprint tokens and I can confirm that the ProdSN token is NOT the same for all Sprint pres.
    This sucks for me.
  3. #383  
    Maybe when you get home and dr it and restore it to an activated acct it will come back.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  4. #384  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Maybe when you get home and dr it and restore it to an activated acct it will come back.
    I hope so, cause I already got a Pre+ getting delivered to my friends house for this conversion.
  5. #385  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Maybe when you get home and dr it and restore it to an activated acct it will come back.
    I am not aware of any official webOS Doctor functionality that restores a ProdSN or any run-time webOS functionality that does that either.

    However, I am also not aware of anything in webOS which uses ProdSN (including App Catalog access), so you may not need to worry about it ...

    In any case, I have a busted board in my parts pile here with a ProdSN that can be used. I'll PM it to the person in need.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  6. #386  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I am not aware of any official webOS Doctor functionality that restores a ProdSN or any run-time webOS functionality that does that either.

    However, I am also not aware of anything in webOS which uses ProdSN (including App Catalog access), so you may not need to worry about it ...

    In any case, I have a busted board in my parts pile here with a ProdSN that can be used. I'll PM it to the person in need.

    -- Rod
    Thanks Rod.

    My previous post was referring to the fact that he is deployed to afganistan and his Pre is under military suspended service so its not really activated.
    I wonder if its possible that it has something to do with activation. ie when its activated by Sprint would the token be added then?

    Just thinking outloud, sometimes that gets me in trouble. lol
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  7. #387  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I tried to swap the radio boards between two pixis the other day.

    Turns out that the IMEI is stored on the processor board, not the radio board, so you end up with two devices that can't access the app catalog.

    I swapped the radio boards back, and just swapped the keyboard membranes instead (I wanted a QWERTY keyboard on an unlocked German .eu bands GSM Pixi Plus).

    The Pixi is much easier to take apart and put back together compared to the Pre: http://www.palm.com/us/assets/pdfs/P...structions.pdf

    -- Rod
    So is that a definite no, a Pixi Plus cannot be successfully used on a Sprint Pixi? My sister just dropped her Pixi in the toilet last week, and the screen is not coming back up as of yet.
  8. #388  
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedwagon View Post
    So is that a definite no, a Pixi Plus cannot be successfully used on a Sprint Pixi? My sister just dropped her Pixi in the toilet last week, and the screen is not coming back up as of yet.
    It will work, but will probably kill your app catalogue access, and may kill your cellular access too.

    -- Rod
  9. rothoof's Avatar
    Posts
    510 Posts
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    #389  
    so iwas trying to run meta doctor in ubuntu on my cracked screen pre and it says not executable, how do i unblock it?




    OH nevermind...
    Last edited by rothoof; 09/23/2010 at 08:37 PM.
  10. rothoof's Avatar
    Posts
    510 Posts
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    #390  
    now i cant get meta doctor to recognize my pre any suggestions?

    also im in recovery mode
    Last edited by rothoof; 09/23/2010 at 09:09 PM.
  11. rothoof's Avatar
    Posts
    510 Posts
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    #391  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Yes. After you open Novacom, issue the command:
    Code:
    tokens --list
    to get the entire list of tokens.
    so newbie question, how do you open novacom and issue the command token --list
  12. #392  
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    so newbie question, how do you open novacom and issue the command token --list
    haha, i was in the same boat 2 days ago.
    Download Terminal from Preware and then type in "tokens --list" without the "" and they should pull up.
  13. rothoof's Avatar
    Posts
    510 Posts
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    #393  
    Quote Originally Posted by AnaMayShun View Post
    haha, i was in the same boat 2 days ago.
    Download Terminal from Preware and then type in "tokens --list" without the "" and they should pull up.
    oh great! my screen doesnt work, any other way that you know how to do it?
  14. #394  
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    oh great! my screen doesnt work, any other way that you know how to do it?
    Have you installed the SDK/PDK? If so, you should be able to use Novaterm or Nova-Browser.
  15. #395  
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    oh great! my screen doesnt work, any other way that you know how to do it?
    My bad, should've read further up.
  16. rothoof's Avatar
    Posts
    510 Posts
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    #396  
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    Have you installed the SDK/PDK? If so, you should be able to use Novaterm or Nova-Browser.
    so if im in ubuntu i just need the sdk downloaded and installed
    and then i can use the terminal to issue the command?

    Oh this is really annoying if i could just get these tokens off the phone then I'm pretty sure i can figure out the rest
    Last edited by rothoof; 09/23/2010 at 11:18 PM.
  17. #397  
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    so newbie question, how do you open novacom and issue the command token --list
    Have you Doctored before or use WOSQI? If so it should be in your C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc folder. Run Novacom.exe with your Pre plugged in and dev mode enabled. It opens a root shell.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  18. rothoof's Avatar
    Posts
    510 Posts
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    #398  
    Quote Originally Posted by AnaMayShun View Post
    My bad, should've read further up.
    Oh its alright, any luck on getting your ProdSN
  19. rothoof's Avatar
    Posts
    510 Posts
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    #399  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Have you Doctored before or use WOSQI? If so it should be in your C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc folder. Run Novacom.exe with your Pre plugged in and dev mode enabled. It opens a root shell.
    I have webos doctor on both windows and ubuntu, would this be easier to do on windows

    I can also find the novacom folder but it only lets me open and view files
    Last edited by rothoof; 09/23/2010 at 11:33 PM.
  20. #400  
    Add another FrakenPre to the growing list... SUCCESS!!! About to do some thorough testing and post results soon. The only hardware glitch I found was the difference in GPS antennas from my AT&T board. The Sprint connection is on top and the AT&T wires connect to the bottom of the comm board so i wound up stuffing the slack inside the battery compartment. I'll have to keep an eye on how this wears...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions