Page 19 of 68 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    That should work as a software test. I would backup a copy of the "\tmp\tokens" folder onto your computer if I were you though. If you overwrite it with the wrong info by even one character, you've got nothing to compare it to unless you have a safe backup.
    Okee dokee, I'll try it tonight. I do have a token directory backup I used to populate the castle.xml file modifications (via copy/paste method) available on my desktop. Should be able to update this post with results soon. Thanks a ton!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnaMayShun View Post
    Here's everything that shows up in there.
    ACCELCAL, BATToCH, BATToRSP, BToADDR, DMCARRIER, DMCLoAUTHNAME, DMCLoAUTHPW, DMCLoNONCE, DMMODEL, DMSETS, DMSVRoAUTHPW, DMSVRoNONCE, HWoRev, installer, KEYoBRD, ModernSN, PalmSN, PN, PRODoID, WIFIoADDR
    Tony or Rod! anybody know why ProdSN is missing from the tokens!

This pre is a Sprint Pre that was meta-dr'd due to no cell service in afganistan

This is the makefile:

# Uncomment the features that you wish to enable below:
    BYPASS_ACTIVATION = 1
    BYPASS_FIRST_USE_APP = 1
    ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE = 1
    AUTO_INSTALL_PREWARE = 1
    ENABLE_TESTING_FEEDS = 1
    # INSTALL_SSH_AUTH_KEYS = 1
    # INSTALL_WIFI_PROFILES = 1
    # DISABLE_UPLOAD_DAEMON = 1
    # DISABLE_MODEM_UPDATE = 1
    # ENABLE_USB_NETWORKING = 1
    # REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK = 1
    # REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK = 1
    # INCREASE_VAR_SPACE = 1
    # CHANGE_KEYBOARD_TYPE = z
    # ADD_EXT3FS_PARTITION = 2GB
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Tony or Rod! anybody know why ProdSN is missing from the tokens!

This pre is a Sprint Pre that was meta-dr'd due to no cell service in afganistan

This is the makefile:

# Uncomment the features that you wish to enable below:
    BYPASS_ACTIVATION = 1
    BYPASS_FIRST_USE_APP = 1
    ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE = 1
    AUTO_INSTALL_PREWARE = 1
    ENABLE_TESTING_FEEDS = 1
    # INSTALL_SSH_AUTH_KEYS = 1
    # INSTALL_WIFI_PROFILES = 1
    # DISABLE_UPLOAD_DAEMON = 1
    # DISABLE_MODEM_UPDATE = 1
    # ENABLE_USB_NETWORKING = 1
    # REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK = 1
    # REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK = 1
    # INCREASE_VAR_SPACE = 1
    # CHANGE_KEYBOARD_TYPE = z
    # ADD_EXT3FS_PARTITION = 2GB
    MetaDoctor doesn't touch ProdSN at all unless you have manually edited the castle.xml file to do so.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    MetaDoctor doesn't touch ProdSN at all unless you have manually edited the castle.xml file to do so.

-- Rod
    Can you think of any reason why ProdSN doesn't show up in my Tokens folder?
    Can you think of any reason why ProdSN doesn't show up in my Tokens folder?
    No, sorry, I have no insight on that one.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    So.... Could the same thing be done between Pixis?
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    So.... Could the same thing be done between Pixis?
    I tried to swap the radio boards between two pixis the other day.

Turns out that the IMEI is stored on the processor board, not the radio board, so you end up with two devices that can't access the app catalog.

I swapped the radio boards back, and just swapped the keyboard membranes instead (I wanted a QWERTY keyboard on an unlocked German .eu bands GSM Pixi Plus).

The Pixi is much easier to take apart and put back together compared to the Pre: http://www.palm.com/us/assets/pdfs/P...structions.pdf

-- Rod
    if it's not in /tmp/tokens that's odd.. Either way though, "ProdSN" is just your serial number, so whatever serial number is on the back of your sprint pre is the correct value.
    That was from NightBurn on the TreoCentral.com board.
    Is that the case?
    My ProdSN and PalmSN are not the same value.

Could someone here pm me just their ProdSN so i can see if its a set value for all Sprint phones.

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Although one thing, you do need it to turn on to extract the original tokens. So a completely dead one may not work. But broken screen and other problems should be fine.

So to turn on to extract the original tokens. is that in the makefile?

UPDATE: AHHA! I found this in your other post I assume i would just uncomment BYPASS_FIRST_USE_APP and ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE and then run meta-doctor.?

Been asked this question via PM, figured I'd post my answer here. The question was, if the original Pre's screen is broken how to perform the same modification.

Basically, procedure is the same, except the steps initially to extract the tokens, need to add a step before that. Doctor the broken screen unit using Meta-Doctor with BYPASS_FIRST_USE_APP and ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE, then use Novacom to extract the tokens as usual.

Also be sure to get the MSL from the the broken unit's carrier (Sprint or Bell), will be needed to activate the Plus, assuming you're transferring the service from another working phone.
    Last edited by rothoof; 09/21/2010 at 09:54 PM.
    Yes. After you open Novacom, issue the command:
    Code:
    tokens --list
    to get the entire list of tokens.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I'm deployed right now. And I Doctor'd my phone out here. So I wasn't able to log on to my Palm Profile with cell service. I was able to do it with the wifi. So since i'm not in the US, I'm not able to do anything unless it's with wifi.
    But my Sprint acct is on Mil suspension, while i'm out here.
    If you have an internet connection, you should've got Sprint to give you a free Airave.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Okee dokee, I'll try it tonight. I do have a token directory backup I used to populate the castle.xml file modifications (via copy/paste method) available on my desktop. Should be able to update this post with results soon. Thanks a ton!
    For some reason it took several restarts of my laptop and multiple launches of my meta-doctor but it finally ran and... SUCCESS!!! (The multiple language option is a good software check!) After a painful week of learning and hacking, my software is ready. I am confident enough to go for the surgery. If anyone who has followed my posts and is exp similar probs I might be able to help you, so hit me up. This is actually fun AND educational. Plus my payoff will be a new hybrid toy!
    Yes. After you open Novacom, issue the command:
    Code:
    tokens --list
    to get the entire list of tokens.
    Still no luck finding the ProdSN. :/
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Still no luck finding the ProdSN. :/
    i saw somewhere else back in this thread the the ProdSN was the serial number under the battery also
    That was from NightBurn on the TreoCentral.com board.
    Is that the case?
    No, it is the PalmSN (not the ProdSN) that is the number listed as the SN on the back of your phone in the battery compartment.
    Actually, there IS a location for this serial number physically, but you wouldn't want to go that far to get it.

It's actually printed on the CPU board, board under the slider.

Actually, there IS a location for this serial number physically, but you wouldn't want to go that far to get it.

It's actually printed on the CPU board, board under the slider.
    If the ProdSN is tied to the CPU board, then perhaps you don't need to transfer like you don't need to transfer the WiFi or the Bluetooth tokens.
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    If the ProdSN is tied to the CPU board, then perhaps you don't need to transfer like you don't need to transfer the WiFi or the Bluetooth tokens.
    Does anyone know if this will work without the ProdSN?
    Could someone w/ a Sprint pre Pleeeeease give me their ProdSN so I can see if its the same for all Sprint Pre's?

Follow the link below.