Page 18 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I can't find the ProdSN part in the Tokens folder. I found all the other info. Am I doing something wrong?
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    how much would someone on ebay pay for a sprint palm pre plus?
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    That would be an interesting question ... I think you might get a better offer right here though.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnaMayShun View Post
    I can't find the ProdSN part in the Tokens folder. I found all the other info. Am I doing something wrong?
    Here's everything that shows up in there.
    ACCELCAL, BATToCH, BATToRSP, BToADDR, DMCARRIER, DMCLoAUTHNAME, DMCLoAUTHPW, DMCLoNONCE, DMMODEL, DMSETS, DMSVRoAUTHPW, DMSVRoNONCE, HWoRev, installer, KEYoBRD, ModernSN, PalmSN, PN, PRODoID, WIFIoADDR
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    ACCELCAL, BATToCH, BATToRSP, BToADDR, DMCARRIER, DMCLoAUTHNAME, DMCLoAUTHPW, DMCLoNONCE, DMMODEL, DMSETS, DMSVRoAUTHPW, DMSVRoNONCE, HWoRev, installer, KEYoBRD, ModernSN, PalmSN, PN, PRODoID, WIFIoADDR
    I have a feeling i might run into this also...
    Ok so when i run this code i need my sprint pre plugged in? is this correct? or am i completely wrong.

3. Import tokens into castle.xml and package meta-doctor. We are now going to add your Sprint Pre tokens into meta-doctor and build the customized version of webOS Doctor that will write your Sprint tokens to your Pre Plus and remove the Carrier and Model checks. To do this, open the castle.xml file, which will be located in meta-doctor/build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5/webOS/castle.xml. (Or you can just use the search function on your computer, haha). Open castle.xml in your favorite text editor. Locate the tokens section, which will look like this:
    Code:

<Section name="tokens" type="token" size="4KB">
    <Val name="installer" value="trenchcoat"/>
    </Section>
    The code at the bottom of your post is within the castle.xml doc. Open it with a text editor, and then replace it with the text from the OP. Then, where the "x" values are, insert your token values and save the file. You are not running any code at this point, simply editing the castle doc. After this, follow the OP and you should be golden.

I think this is what your question is. If not, good luck, and let us know how it goes.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    I saw a couple going for $150 - $200. I've gotten $220 for one in mint condition, phone, battery, and back only.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Quote Originally Posted by tp2386 View Post
    My pre will not be here til tomorrow or Wednesday, but i'm sitting here looking at all of these instructions and the majority of it looks foreign to me. Can someone on here Google Talk/AIM with me when my pre comes in? Or should I even be doing this myself? Please help. The software part is the issue. Not the hardware part.
    If you follow the directions to the letter you should be able to muddle your way through. If that fails, let us know where you get stuck in this forum, and someone should be able to help. If all else fails, I'm sure there's someone here who would set it up for you for maybe a little fee. You'll get there. And when you do, you'll realized it was the way the pre should've been all along.

Global Posts
    754 Global Posts
    First stupid question. How exactly do I extract the sprint tokens?
    Navigate to the "\tmp\tokens" folder on your device, view each required token (just a simple text file), and use that info to build your personalized "castle.xml" file.
    It's in step 1 in the OP...

If the device is already in dev mode, connect to it using Novacom and check in the folder. If not doctor the phone using Meta-Doctor to bypass First Use and enable Dev Mode.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    For those people that have done the conversion, did anyone run across hardware issues, specifically with (1) the functionality of the Verizon keyboard; (2) the bluetooth range? I'm curious if I just got some slightly defective equipment or if it's just par for the course of the Verizon hardware.

With my Verizon keyboard, I would get skips (if I didn't really mash the keystroke) and I would also get repeats (I think because I wasn't sure the first keystroke had registered). I was so annoyed, I transplanted the Sprint keyboard/backplate to fix that.

With the Verizon bluetooth, I think I'm getting much less range. Could I have caused this with a missed re-connection of something (maybe the Diversity antennae)? Or would this just be a weak bluetooth chip? I have a stereo bluetooth headset that I could walk 10-15 feet away from my Sprint Pre before I got static and dropouts. Now with the Sprint Franken Pre Plus, the connection is constantly dropping out if it goes as far as my pants pocket.
    After I do this. If i want to turn my Sprint Pre into a Verizon phone after installing the Verizon Modem. Do I need to copy the tokens from the Pre Plus before overwriting them?
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    For those people that have done the conversion, did anyone run across hardware issues, specifically with (1) the functionality of the Verizon keyboard; (2) the bluetooth range? I'm curious if I just got some slightly defective equipment or if it's just par for the course of the Verizon hardware.

With my Verizon keyboard, I would get skips (if I didn't really mash the keystroke) and I would also get repeats (I think because I wasn't sure the first keystroke had registered). I was so annoyed, I transplanted the Sprint keyboard/backplate to fix that.

With the Verizon bluetooth, I think I'm getting much less range. Could I have caused this with a missed re-connection of something (maybe the Diversity antennae)? Or would this just be a weak bluetooth chip? I have a stereo bluetooth headset that I could walk 10-15 feet away from my Sprint Pre before I got static and dropouts. Now with the Sprint Franken Pre Plus, the connection is constantly dropping out if it goes as far as my pants pocket.
    The last conversion is giving me headaches with the keyboard. No repeats, but it's skipping all over the place. I'm going to try to transplant, but I'm not sure if the slider will cause a bad oreo or not. I have a pretty tight slider now, so I want to keep it that way if possible.

Can someone help me with this?
    I managed to finally run what appears to be my "meta'd doctor" both on my host Windows 7 & inside the Virtual Box running Ubuntnu & to recognize my Pre... Now my big question before I plunk down on the plus and poss take two phones out of commish: Can I run this Meta Doctor on my current Sprint Pre and see if I get multiple language options as a test? Is this the best way to find out? If my token directories are the same it shouldn't mess anything up right? What's the worst that can go wrong? I'm insured and won't have tampered noticibly with the hardware at this point...
    Can someone help me with this?
    I didn't have this missing, so I wouldn't know how to get it back for you. Is this phone still active?
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    The last conversion is giving me headaches with the keyboard. No repeats, but it's skipping all over the place. I'm going to try to transplant, but I'm not sure if the slider will cause a bad oreo or not. I have a pretty tight slider now, so I want to keep it that way if possible.
    For what it's worth, I don't think much of the oreo carried over for me. It took me a while to figure out how to completely disassemble the backplate from the front. The sticking point is the ribbon that is used to detect the volume rocker. Make sure you pop out the volume rocker plastic piece first (push it from the inside to the outside). After that, the ribbon is stickied to the plastic behind it, so just peel it off carefully.
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    I managed to finally run what appears to be my "meta'd doctor" both on my host Windows 7 & inside the Virtual Box running Ubuntnu & to recognize my Pre... Now my big question before I plunk down on the plus and poss take two phones out of commish: Can I run this Meta Doctor on my current Sprint Pre and see if I get multiple language options as a test? Is this the best way to find out? If my token directories are the same it shouldn't mess anything up right? What's the worst that can go wrong? I'm insured and won't have tampered noticibly with the hardware at this point...
    That should work as a software test. I would backup a copy of the "\tmp\tokens" folder onto your computer if I were you though. If you overwrite it with the wrong info by even one character, you've got nothing to compare it to unless you have a safe backup.
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    I didn't have this missing, so I wouldn't know how to get it back for you. Is this phone still active?
    I'm deployed right now. And I Doctor'd my phone out here. So I wasn't able to log on to my Palm Profile with cell service. I was able to do it with the wifi. So since i'm not in the US, I'm not able to do anything unless it's with wifi.
    But my Sprint acct is on Mil suspension, while i'm out here.