Page 17 of 68 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 1350
Like Tree1Likes
  1. ieko's Avatar
    Posts
    354 Posts
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    #321  
    That'd be nice - because I'm not so sure Sprint will give it to me considering I cancelled and went to Verizon Although I am preparing to go back to them [Verizon's network speeds make streaming audio... painful]
  2. #322  
    No you have to call Sprint. You don't need the phone itself, just give them the ESN, saying you're selling the phone.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  3. rothoof's Avatar
    Posts
    510 Posts
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    #323  
    Ok so i think i might have a new version of meta doctor cuz my documentation doesnt look the same.
    I changed it to what i think its supposed to look like
    ##########################
    ## END OF DOCUMENTATION ##
    ##########################

    ########################################
    ## START OF AREA FOR END USER CHANGES ##
    ########################################

    # Uncomment the features that you wish to enable below:
    # BYPASS_ACTIVATION = 1
    # BYPASS_FIRST_USE_APP = 1
    # ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE = 1
    # AUTO_INSTALL_PREWARE = 1
    # ENABLE_TESTING_FEEDS = 1
    # INSTALL_SSH_AUTH_KEYS = 1
    # INSTALL_WIFI_PROFILES = 1
    # DISABLE_UPLOAD_DAEMON = 1
    # DISABLE_MODEM_UPDATE = 1
    # ENABLE_USB_NETWORKING = 1
    REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK = 1
    REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK = 1
    # INCREASE_VAR_SPACE = 1
    # CHANGE_KEYBOARD_TYPE = z
    # ADD_EXT3FS_PARTITION = 2GB

    # Select "pre", "preplus", "pixi" or "pixiplus".
    DEVICE = pre

    # Select "wr", "sprint", "verizonwireless", "bellmo", "telcel" or "att".
    CARRIER = sprint

    ######################################
    ## END OF AREA FOR END USER CHANGES ##
    ######################################



    does this look right to everyone
    Last edited by rothoof; 09/19/2010 at 11:19 PM.
  4. rothoof's Avatar
    Posts
    510 Posts
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    #324  
    actually does anyone know what this means :

    ryan@ubuntu:~/meta-doctor$ make unpack
    mkdir -p downloads
    Please download the correct version of the webOS Doctor .jar file
    and then move it to downloads/webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.4.5.jar (i.e. the downloads directory that was just created under the current directory).
    make: *** [downloads/webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.4.5.jar] Error 1
    ryan@ubuntu:~/meta-doctor$
  5. #325  
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    actually does anyone know what this means :

    ryan@ubuntu:~/meta-doctor$ make unpack
    mkdir -p downloads
    Please download the correct version of the webOS Doctor .jar file
    and then move it to downloads/webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.4.5.jar (i.e. the downloads directory that was just created under the current directory).
    make: *** [downloads/webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.4.5.jar] Error 1
    ryan@ubuntu:~/meta-doctor$
    you didnt download the Dr to the correct downloads folder or your download was corrupt.

    Youll have to do it again.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  6. rothoof's Avatar
    Posts
    510 Posts
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    #326  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    you didnt download the Dr to the correct downloads folder or your download was corrupt.

    Youll have to do it again.
    ok thanks i still have a few days til i get my pre plus in. so hopefully i'll get everything ironed out. I'm so excited!!
  7. ieko's Avatar
    Posts
    354 Posts
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    #327  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    No you have to call Sprint. You don't need the phone itself, just give them the ESN, saying you're selling the phone.
    Is it possible to get the ESN when the phone won't turn on?
  8. #328  
    Quote Originally Posted by ieko View Post
    Is it possible to get the ESN when the phone won't turn on?
    It's under the battery. MEID = ESN.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  9. #329  
    Just grabbed a brand new AT&T Pre Plus off Craigslist for $200. This is going to be awesome.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  10. ieko's Avatar
    Posts
    354 Posts
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    #330  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    It's under the battery. MEID = ESN.
    Ah, okay! Looks like it shows up in my Palm Profile still too.
  11. #331  
    Although one thing, you do need it to turn on to extract the original tokens. So a completely dead one may not work. But broken screen and other problems should be fine.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  12. #332  
    Quote Originally Posted by himerz View Post
    Hi Eveybody. I made a video of the breakdown of the Pre to help everyone out with trying to Plus your Sprint Pre

    Check it out on youtube:





    Enjoy.
    Thanks for doing the videos and the heads up on the volume button ribbon. I wound up doing the keyboard transplant as well, and thanks to your warning, I took my time figuring out that part of the disassembly. It took a while but I've now got a Sprint Pre Plus with the old Sprint keyboard for my daily use and a Verizon Pre with Verizon keyboard as a development device.
  13. #333  
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    Thanks for doing the videos and the heads up on the volume button ribbon. I wound up doing the keyboard transplant as well, and thanks to your warning, I took my time figuring out that part of the disassembly. It took a while but I've now got a Sprint Pre Plus with the old Sprint keyboard for my daily use and a Verizon Pre with Verizon keyboard as a development device.
    This is why I picked up the AT&T Pre Plus. I didn't want to deal with the apparent VZ Pre Plus keyboard issues.

    Plus the keyboard on the AT&T model is supposed to be more "clicky". I like the keyboard on my Sprint Pre so I am excited for an even better one.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  14. #334  
    With all these posts I wonder how many Franken-Pres are there out in the wild now...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  15. #335  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    With all these posts I wonder how many Franken-Pres are there out in the wild now...
    Whenever I get home for my 2 weeks of R&R next month, that # is going to increase by 1.
  16. #336  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    With all these posts I wonder how many Franken-Pres are there out in the wild now...
    2 here, going on 3 tonight. I told Rahul if HPam doesn't give us Sprint users new and better hardware, we have no choice but to do it ourselves.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, “I don't need to drink to have fun.” Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  17. rothoof's Avatar
    Posts
    510 Posts
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    #337  
    Ok so when i run this code i need my sprint pre plugged in? is this correct? or am i completely wrong.

    3. Import tokens into castle.xml and package meta-doctor. We are now going to add your Sprint Pre tokens into meta-doctor and build the customized version of webOS Doctor that will write your Sprint tokens to your Pre Plus and remove the Carrier and Model checks. To do this, open the castle.xml file, which will be located in meta-doctor/build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5/webOS/castle.xml. (Or you can just use the search function on your computer, haha). Open castle.xml in your favorite text editor. Locate the tokens section, which will look like this:
    Code:

    <Section name="tokens" type="token" size="4KB">
    <Val name="installer" value="trenchcoat"/>
    </Section>
  18. #338  
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    Ok so when i run this code i need my sprint pre plugged in? is this correct? or am i completely wrong.

    3. Import tokens into castle.xml and package meta-doctor. We are now going to add your Sprint Pre tokens into meta-doctor and build the customized version of webOS Doctor that will write your Sprint tokens to your Pre Plus and remove the Carrier and Model checks. To do this, open the castle.xml file, which will be located in meta-doctor/build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5/webOS/castle.xml. (Or you can just use the search function on your computer, haha). Open castle.xml in your favorite text editor. Locate the tokens section, which will look like this:
    Code:

    <Section name="tokens" type="token" size="4KB">
    <Val name="installer" value="trenchcoat"/>
    </Section>
    The only steps you need the Pre plugged in is when you extract the tokens using Terminal, and running the JAR files to program.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  19. tp2386's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    754 Global Posts
    #339  
    My pre will not be here til tomorrow or Wednesday, but i'm sitting here looking at all of these instructions and the majority of it looks foreign to me. Can someone on here Google Talk/AIM with me when my pre comes in? Or should I even be doing this myself? Please help. The software part is the issue. Not the hardware part.
  20. rothoof's Avatar
    Posts
    510 Posts
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    #340  
    Quote Originally Posted by tp2386 View Post
    My pre will not be here til tomorrow or Wednesday, but i'm sitting here looking at all of these instructions and the majority of it looks foreign to me. Can someone on here Google Talk/AIM with me when my pre comes in? Or should I even be doing this myself? Please help. The software part is the issue. Not the hardware part.
    Im basically in the same boat, I couldnt get the cygwin method to work so I had to do a dual boot of ubuntu and windows, which lets you boot whichever OS you want. that should work for you too if you have an external hard drive.my pre gets here either wednesday or thursday.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions