Page 16 of 68 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212666 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rinkeedink View Post
    I found it. Tried to open it with java 6 runtime, says its not marked as executable.
    Class errors? Try java -jar (path and filename of your metadoctor)
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by rinkeedink View Post
    I found it. Tried to open it with java 6 runtime, says its not marked as executable.
    in terminal, type chown "your user name" "file directory" to make the file directory easy, instead of typing the words out, drah the icon into the terminal and it wil automatically populate the name. This makes it editable by you. Then, go to the icon, right click to properties. There you will find a tab that allows you to check a box that makes it executable. Click it, close, and then run it. Then, run the regular doctor. Finally, sit back grab a beer and enjoy your sprint pre plus.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, “I don't need to drink to have fun.” Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    in terminal, type chown "your user name" "file directory" to make the file directory easy, instead of typing the words out, drah the icon into the terminal and it wil automatically populate the name. This makes it editable by you. Then, go to the icon, right click to properties. There you will find a tab that allows you to check a box that makes it executable. Click it, close, and then run it. Then, run the regular doctor. Finally, sit back grab a beer and enjoy your sprint pre plus.
    Wow this may make sound like a noob but I had no idea you could drag files to terminal and it would automatically populate. You sir just made my life so much easier.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Rod, can you be more specific about which wiki page section you are referring to? i've followed the instructions on the only wiki page that i know of, from webOSinternals on how to create a MetaDoctor, located here:

Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals

I've followed the instructions on that page word-for-word for the Mac OS X 10.6 instructions, and even did a search to find "md5sum" and at this point I'm convinced that there is NO mention of that anywhere in the wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You haven't followed the wiki page section on prerequisites (in particular the bit that says you need md5sum).

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    Rod, can you be more specific about which wiki page section you are referring to? i've followed the instructions on the only wiki page that i know of, from webOSinternals on how to create a MetaDoctor, located here:

[url= - WebOS Internals[/url]

I've followed the instructions on that page word-for-word for the Mac OS X 10.6 instructions, and even did a search to find "md5sum" and at this point I'm convinced that there is NO mention of that anywhere in the wiki.
    Do you have the XCode Developer tools installed?

-- Rod
    You haven't followed the wiki page section on prerequisites (in particular the bit that says you need md5sum).

-- Rod
    Do you have the XCode Developer tools installed?

-- Rod
    as far as i know yes. i just tried launching it... Xcode 3.1
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    as far as i know yes. i just tried launching it... Xcode 3.1
    I've added a new step 2 for installing md5sum.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    ok so i download cygwin and i put the command "git clone git://git.webos-internals.org/tools/meta-doctor.git" in and it says command error what did i do wrong
    Ok, following your updated instructions from the wiki, I

1. installed md5sum via the terminal window by typing in "sudo port install md5sha1sum"
    2. re-ran the "make patch" command

and got this:

Code:
    rm -f build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5/.patched
    [ -d patches/webos-1.4.5 ]
    if [ -f build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5/rootfs/md5sums.gz ] ; then \
    	  gunzip -c < build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5/rootfs/md5sums.gz > build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5/rootfs/md5sums ; \
    	fi
    mv build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5/rootfs/md5sums build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5/rootfs/md5sums.old
    mv: build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5/rootfs/md5sums: No such file or directory
    make: *** [build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5/.patched] Error 1
    So, I:
    1. ran "grep clean Makefile"
    2. re-ran "make unpack" to confirm it's cleared.
    3. re-ran the "make patch" command

and got this
    Code:
    rm -f build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5/.patched
    [ -d patches/webos-1.4.5 ]
    mv: build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.palm.app.firstuse.md5sums: No such file or directory
    make: *** [build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5/.patched] Error 1
    What does this mean? Do I need to run all the commands from the Wiki in that exact order for it to work, since I just did step 2 at the end just now because step 2 wasn't there when I followed the instructions originally.
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    Great, it worked. Thanks so much for taking the time to help out a Linux noob!!

My FrankenPre is up and running. Yeah, buddy!

Cheers!
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    does the sprint pre have to be activated when you switch radio boards or not?
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    does the sprint pre have to be activated when you switch radio boards or not?
    Nope. But you will need the MSL of the radio board you're swapping in to program the phone.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Global Posts
    754 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Nope. But you will need the MSL of the radio board you're swapping in to program the phone.
    Just making sure. If i'm putting my sprint com board into a verizon pre plus I am going to need the MSL of my sprint pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by tp2386 View Post
    Just making sure. If i'm putting my sprint com board into a verizon pre plus I am going to need the MSL of my sprint pre?
    Yes, because you're activating the ESN of the Sprint Pre, not Verizon.

Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    Where can you get the MSL? I have a Sprint Pre that is broken and won't turn on.
    OK I am ready to pull the trigger on a new Pre Plus. I can get a brand new AT&T Pre Plus for $300 off eBay. Still looking to see if I can find a new Verizon Pre Plus for cheaper.

My question is should I go with the GSM or CDMA Pre Plus? Doesn't the Verizon Pre Plus have keyboard issues? I also thought the AT&T Pre Plus had a better keyboard than the Verizon model.

I want a new Pre Plus not a used one, just wondering which one you guys recommend.

TIA.

- Nick
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    754 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ieko View Post
    Where can you get the MSL? I have a Sprint Pre that is broken and won't turn on.
    You have to call sprint and ask for it. I don't think you can use a pre that won't turn on at all though. Someone correct me if im wrong.
    I got a new refurb verizon for 110.00 on craigslist last week.

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    so how do you get the msl of the sprint pre if the screen is broken? by using meta doctor?
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    so how do you get the msl of the sprint pre if the screen is broken? by using meta doctor?
    Maybe Tony will post a step by step for this

Follow the link below.