Page 13 of 68 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 23 63 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I got a huge problem guys! I plused my pre and now it wont charge! Not on the usb, the wall outlet, or the touchstone! Please help!

I guess I was a bit vague. I can sit it on the charger and it says that its charging, (usb, outlet,touchstone) but the pre wont actually charge. Any insight?
    Last edited by himerz; 09/11/2010 at 11:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by himerz View Post
    I got a huge problem guys! I plused my pre and now it wont charge! Not on the usb, the wall outlet, or the touchstone! Please help!
    maybe also send a PM to this guy, he seems to have a lot of knowledge (and guts):

http://m.forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/262389-verizon-pre-plus-motherboard-sprint-pre.html

I guess I was a bit vague. I can sit it on the charger and it says that its charging, (usb, outlet,touchstone) but the pre wont actually charge. Any insight?
    himerz, you probably got the BATToRSP token wrong. supercluver experienced the same issue.

http://forums.precentral.net/2637585-post182.html
    Or you might just have a bad battery. My Pre Plus came with a battery that's 70% health.

Try Dr. Battery.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH YYYYYYYYEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Got it to work Dang that BaTToRSP token. It was off by 2 characters. Thanks guys!

Edit:
    Just wanted to share some pics with everyone. I decided to keep the sprint look, including the keyboard color scheme and the sprint logo on the back for my Pre Plus. What do you all think?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by himerz; 09/11/2010 at 10:18 PM.
    himerz, sorry for the late pm reply, just now noticing you already got it fixed. glad it is working and i'm sure you are already loving the pre+ as it is a HUGE improvement over the original pre.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    A rusty coat hanger will probably work in good signal areas
    Well I'm happy to report that I am getting virtually the same signal strength with the Sprint comms board in an AT&T Pre. The same areas I used to get 1-2 bars, I still get 1-2 bars. The areas I would consistently get 3-4 bars, I still get 3-4 bars. And full strength areas are still full strength (and dead zones are still dead zones).

I have experienced absolutely zero adverse effects from using the GSM antenna/frame with the Sprint comms board. I guess the antenna design differences between GSM and CDMA aren't enough to cause a noticeable difference.
    OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH YYYYYYYYEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Got it to work Dang that BATToCH. It was off by 2 characters. Thanks guys!

Edit:
    Just wanted to share some pics with everyone. I decided to keep the sprint look, including the keyboard color scheme and the sprint logo on the back for my Pre Plus. What do you all think?
    Thats a good idea, we dont want the verizon keyboard problems. lol
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Thats a good idea, we dont want the verizon keyboard problems. lol
    Only the key overlay was swapped, the actual keyboard remains.

And I'm sure the keyboard problem is just software. I don't have any problems with they keyboard at all with my Plus running Bell software.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Edit:
    Hooray for hardware customization! You have a one of a kind Pre.

Also got a question... did you transplant the power button/camera/ringer switch board as well?

I'm considering doing a slider swap to get rid of the Verizon logo and go back to the logo-less Bell slider, but the Bell slider I have has a bad power button. One major thing I face is the adhesive on the back of the flexboards go a lot weaker if reapplied.

Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    Well I'm happy to report that I am getting virtually the same signal strength with the Sprint comms board in an AT&T Pre. The same areas I used to get 1-2 bars, I still get 1-2 bars. The areas I would consistently get 3-4 bars, I still get 3-4 bars. And full strength areas are still full strength (and dead zones are still dead zones).

I have experienced absolutely zero adverse effects from using the GSM antenna/frame with the Sprint comms board. I guess the antenna design differences between GSM and CDMA aren't enough to cause a noticeable difference.
    That's good to know - thanks for testing it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Hooray for hardware customization! You have a one of a kind Pre.

Also got a question... did you transplant the power button/camera/ringer switch board as well?

I'm considering doing a slider swap to get rid of the Verizon logo and go back to the logo-less Bell slider, but the Bell slider I have has a bad power button. One major thing I face is the adhesive on the back of the flexboards go a lot weaker if reapplied.
    I sure did ToniCipriani. You have to be cleaver on doing so because if you are not gentle with moving the hardware around to get to the 4 screws that hold it down, you can rip off the volume strip :O All you have to do is remove the 4 screws (The bottom 2 are easy to get to once you slide the back up slightly) and then gently pull down on the mirrored portion of the back slider. Once you do that, there are 2 ribbon cables that easily come off. replace it with your Bell one and then work backwards Its easier than you would think.
    Last edited by himerz; 09/12/2010 at 10:41 AM.
    How did you deal with the adhesive?

Because I tried removing all the boards from the slider on the broken Pre and reassemble as a practice, the pieces didn't want to stick down.

Soo...

Does anybody know...

If I could put my Sprint Pre coms board inside a Verizon/AT&T Pixi Plus???

????????
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Soo...

Does anybody know...

????????
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    How did you deal with the adhesive?

Because I tried removing all the boards from the slider on the broken Pre and reassemble as a practice, the pieces didn't want to stick down.
    I didn't even try to lift it up Toni. I was too afraid of breaking the volume ribbon like I did on the Verizon Pre. I made a video on how to break the sucker down
    I love to take stuff and make it the way it wasn't supposed to be cool:
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Soo...

Does anybody know...

????????
    Its a grand mystery :O
    Hi Eveybody. I made a video of the breakdown of the Pre to help everyone out with trying to Plus your Sprint Pre

Check it out on youtube:

Enjoy.
    I didn't even try to lift it up Toni. I was too afraid of breaking the volume ribbon like I did on the Verizon Pre. I made a video on how to break the sucker down
    When I meant transplant I meant swapping the camera board.

I'm looking more to swap all those parts and only use the slider mechanism on the Bell unit, so move the Verizon keyboard and camera module to the Bell slider. That's why I would have the adhesive problem.

But I think I'm putting that aside for now, a bit too much work just to remove the Verizon logo. I'll keep it on for now to stir some confusing looks at Bell Stores.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 09/12/2010 at 10:49 PM.