Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 21 61 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    i have a problem to finish the castle.xml after making all the cheanges i save the file and when i tray to do "make pack" i have this error ??
    root@rafal-desktop:~/meta-doctor/build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5/webOS# make pack
    make: *** No rule to make target `pack'. Stop.
    and 1 more thing how u can find out with wan are 0 "zero" and with wan are O in the internalz ??
    Quote Originally Posted by Patalach View Post
    i have a problem to finish the castle.xml after making all the cheanges i save the file and when i tray to do "make pack" i have this error ??
    root@rafal-desktop:~/meta-doctor/build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5/webOS# make pack
    make: *** No rule to make target `pack'. Stop.
    and 1 more thing how u can find out with wan are 0 "zero" and with wan are O in the internalz ??
    you need to go back to the meta-doctor folder before you can do make pack command

as for the tokens, i would create a directory in your /media/internal directory (your usb drive when you plug in your pre to your computer) by tapping the top left area and tap create directory.

then navigate to the /tmp/tokens directory and copy the files to the /media/internal/tokens directory you made.

then put your pre into usb mode and then copy the tokens directory to your computer. you can then copy and paste the values of the tokens directly into your .xml file
    Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems several times that you talked about using a sprint board in the verizon pre plus, but the title says pre plus on sprint, maybe its just me
    thx im gona do that right know
    i went back to the meta-doctor calalog i do "make pack"
    and i have that messeg.
    root@rafal-desktop:~/meta-doctor# make pack
    make: Nothing to be done for `pack'.
    there may be an easier way to do it, but what i've had to do was backup the downloads folder, makefile, and the .xml file that you put the tokens in and delete the entire meta-doctor folder, then re-git the file and put the files back in place
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems several times that you talked about using a sprint board in the verizon pre plus, but the title says pre plus on sprint, maybe its just me
    Ummm, yeah?

You run a Pre Plus on Sprint's network, by putting the Sprint board into a Pre Plus.

Most likely a Verizon Pre Plus since there are more of those out there for cheap than AT&T, of course.
    what if i delet the meta-doctof catalog and start all over again from beginning ??
    Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead View Post
    Ummm, yeah?

You run a Pre Plus on Sprint's network, by putting the Sprint board into a Pre Plus.

Most likely a Verizon Pre Plus since there are more of those out there for cheap than AT&T, of course.
    Ok... this clears it up for me, I was thinking of putting the verizon board into the sprint phone and getting more memory and stuff, thanks for that
    Quote Originally Posted by victorkruger View Post
    I'm guessing that it's the broken sprint pre's msl i would need.

I'm a bit confused on how to proceed from here.
    Yep, you would punch in ##(MSL code)# in the First Use app, I did mine at the screen where the app complains that there's no data connection to log on to my profile.

Then it'll show "Service Programming", that's where to change the MSID and MDID.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    Ok... this clears it up for me, I was thinking of putting the verizon board into the sprint phone and getting more memory and stuff, thanks for that
    Yeah, there's more than one board in a Pre.

The comms board doesn't contain the processor or memory, that's on a different board. Most people are putting the Sprint comms board into a Verizon Pre Plus, and getting all the Pre Plus benefits (RAM, memory, etc) while running on Sprint's network.

I think one person a few pages back apparently did it the other way, putting his Verizon Pre Plus OMAP board into his Sprint Pre with Sprint comms board.
    Requirements
    1. Activated Sprint Pre

2. Palm Pre Plus- It can be Verizon or AT&T, it doesn't matter. It also doesn't really matter if the ESN is clean or not, I used a brand new Pre Plus I got off Craigslist with a clean ESN, however the ones with bad ESN's tend to be cheaper on Craigslist or Ebay. Buy whatever you can get the best deal on.

3. T5 screwdriver (required to disassemble phones)

4. Meta-Doctor (get it here Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals)
    5. The most important requirement: the understanding that if done incorrectly, you can end up with TWO broken phones or malfunctioning phones. The Pre is *NOT* an easy device to disassemble and especially to re-assemble. A moderately high level of confidence and competence with electronics is required to attempt this.

Step 1: Extract working Sprint Pre Tokens

Read the first requirement of the instructions. You have to use an activated pre before EV-DO would ever show up(if you haven't done so already). Once the phones esn is activated via sprints web site, then and only then will you see EV-DO in the screen. At that point is when you'll be able to download your palm profile. I had bought a used pre last christmas (my very first), received it, activated it.... and still had no EV-DO, now at this point we're talking about having to change the msid and this is done with a sprint rep over the phone with the unlock code they provide. Once that msid was updated, restarted my phone. And sure enough, Ev-DO came right up, entered my info for palm profile and it downloaded and did its thing.

But the first step is activating any pre (again if you haven't done so already).... that your using the coms board for the new pre/pre plus phone. If you pass everything on the activation part on the sprint web site, then you shouldn't have any problems. If you do, just call up sprint and tell em you need to unlock you phone so that you can update the msid and they'll be happy to help you through the whole process. Again activating the palm pre first... is the first thing that needs to be done that way if your having issues like this, when the time comes to call up sprint for the unlock code, you wont be fumbling between the two phones because you had previously swapped boards and now your trying to play catch up so to speak. Hopefully at that point it doesn't slip what we're doing to these phones.

any one please correct me if I'm wrong, all I can say is that this had happen to me before and when I was finished with sprints little help with that msid update, I was home free with my pre at the time!!! What I read online about the Ev-do during activation, was that if you didn't see it in the upper left corner, then it's safe to assume the phone isn't properly activated. Which then led me to sprint and the need for the new msid.
    Quote Originally Posted by rcflyer40t View Post
    Read the first requirement of the instructions. You have to use an activated pre before EV-DO would ever show up(if you haven't done so already). Once the phones esn is activated via sprints web site, then and only then will you see EV-DO in the screen. At that point is when you'll be able to download your palm profile. I had bought a used pre last christmas (my very first), received it, activated it.... and still had no EV-DO, now at this point we're talking about having to change the msid and this is done with a sprint rep over the phone with the unlock code they provide. Once that msid was updated, restarted my phone. And sure enough, Ev-DO came right up, entered my info for palm profile and it downloaded and did its thing.

But the first step is activating any pre (again if you haven't done so already).... that your using the coms board for the new pre/pre plus phone. If you pass everything on the activation part on the sprint web site, then you shouldn't have any problems. If you do, just call up sprint and tell em you need to unlock you phone so that you can update the msid and they'll be happy to help you through the whole process. Again activating the palm pre first... is the first thing that needs to be done that way if your having issues like this, when the time comes to call up sprint for the unlock code, you wont be fumbling between the two phones because you had previously swapped boards and now your trying to play catch up so to speak. Hopefully at that point it doesn't slip what we're doing to these phones.

any one please correct me if I'm wrong, all I can say is that this had happen to me before and when I was finished with sprints little help with that msid update, I was home free with my pre at the time!!! What I read online about the Ev-do during activation, was that if you didn't see it in the upper left corner, then it's safe to assume the phone isn't properly activated. Which then led me to sprint and the need for the new msid.
    I proved that an activated Sprint unit is unnecessary several pages back. This is impossible with a broken screen Pre as you can't access the Service Programming page. So you would need to Meta-Doctor, extract the tokens, board swap, token doctor the new reassembled unit, stock doctor the unit, then do the service programming at the First Use app.

I think people are ignoring my posts because it says Bell on it...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Yup thats right, I missed that. Sorry Toni.

Hey on a random note.. I've been looking for a windows mobile emulator so I could run this program I got for getting the msl code. Its GetSPC. but you need to run it on a windows based mobile. Sucks!!!!! lol but I dont have one and figure I could probably get it running on an emmulator. Anyways If there's another way or program out there thats working, beside having to go to sprint for the code. Definitely please let me know

Thanks a million!
    I'm sure even with an emulator it won't work, accessing the modem is a pretty low level thing. We're talking about directly accessing hardware, which an emulator would add a software layer (the emulation itself).

true, but I'm not looking to access the hardware... the program decrypts the meid then spits out a msl code for it. doesn't look into the hardware of the phone. Thats why there's many ppl offering anyone that needs an msl code, to send them their meid and they send the person back their msl code. Simply because it's just a decoder.

But I'm not sending out my esn or anything else to anyone lol. I'll just wait till I activate this other pre for sprint's site to give it to me.
    Well this morning I am now using a pre plus on sprint network. Thanks to ToniCipriani for all your patience and help

Quote Originally Posted by rcflyer40t View Post
    true, but I'm not looking to access the hardware... the program decrypts the meid then spits out a msl code for it. doesn't look into the hardware of the phone. Thats why there's many ppl offering anyone that needs an msl code, to send them their meid and they send the person back their msl code. Simply because it's just a decoder.

But I'm not sending out my esn or anything else to anyone lol. I'll just wait till I activate this other pre for sprint's site to give it to me.
    I have a friend that has this program and it did not properly decode the MSL for the Pre. I was able to get the MSL from sprint and it was a completely different number.

Sprint was hard pressed on activating the phone on their side, I could not for the life of me to convince them to give me the msid and mdid all they kept saying was that it wouldn't work if we manually program the phone.

Also if you need your pre plus activated by sprint, make sure you use the standard webos doctor for sprint after you flash with the meta doctor or the phone will not speak with sprint's cell towers.... trust me

This was a very educational and fun project.

Thanks again to ToniCipriani for all your help and to livinofframen for this well written tutorial
    Also forgot to mention, if your own Pre is still working, you can get the MDID and MSID from it. In the phone app hit ##786#, it'll be right there, MDID is actually called MDN.

One classical excuse to ask Sprint to turn over the MSL is saying you're doing troubleshooting with Palm and the MSL is needed.

hey im still have a problem this time with make file :
    root@rafal-desktop:~/meta-doctor/downloads# mv webosdoctorp200ewwsprint.jar webosdoctorp200ewwsprint-1.4.5.jar
    root@rafal-desktop:~/meta-doctor/downloads# ls
    webosdoctorp200ewwsprint-1.4.5.jar
    root@rafal-desktop:~/meta-doctor/downloads# cd ..
    root@rafal-desktop:~/meta-doctor# make unpack
    mkdir -p downloads
    Please download the correct version of the webOS Doctor .jar file
    and then move it to downloads/webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.4.5.jar (i.e. the downloads directory that was just created under the current directory).
    make: *** [downloads/webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.4.5.jar] Error 1
    can someone help me with that !!!!! PLISSS
    You're using the wrong Doctor. P200 is for the Pixi.