Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 20 60 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by supercluver View Post
    Okay, so after I finally got everything set up the way I had things I left to drive home. By that point my phone was pretty much dead (I had had it off and on the charger, but off a lot loading things so I wasn't surprised).

I put it on the charger on the way home, and was talking over bluetooth, when I noticed the % charge was lower than earlier. I opened Govnah, and sure enough, the battery current was -20 mA. ***? I took it off, and it went up to a normal -200 to -400 mA. I put it back on, then it went back to -20. So it isn't charging. I plug it directly in, same thing. Its doing the same thing at home, and no matter what I've tried, it won't charge. What the heck?

Its not the battery, it charges fine in my wife's pixi. I did a erase reset now, and logged back into the profile, and still, no charging. Should I run the doctor again? Is it a hardware issue? Could swapping that radio board have somehow screwed up something so that the phone won't fully charge any more? I've never heard of such a problem, what do you guys think? Any advice? I can't take the phone back apart until tomorrow to inspect the hardware as I won't be back in my shop until then....
    You did what I did, I f'cked the BATToCH up. Go into your /tmp/tokens make sure it matches the tokens you backed up from your Sprint Pre, and my battery does not charge now. I could have swarn I put the right token in. It shows it charging, but it does not like any battery. Now, I might have to reprogram it.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
    Yep apparently my BATToRSP value is wrong. It got truncated, the last 10 characters are missing. So instead of charging, it will provide just enough current to ALMOST keep things even....

And FYI, you can't just change the value in the file in the /tmp/tokens directory and reboot. Yeah I tried it. The thing will need to be flashed, apparently. Oh well, I'll try it again tomorrow I guess..... any chance for a bit more help Nightburn?
    Quote Originally Posted by supercluver View Post
    Yep apparently my BATToRSP value is wrong. It got truncated, the last 10 characters are missing. So instead of charging, it will provide just enough current to ALMOST keep things even....

And FYI, you can't just change the value in the file in the /tmp/tokens directory and reboot. Yeah I tried it. The thing will need to be flashed, apparently. Oh well, I'll try it again tomorrow I guess..... any chance for a bit more help Nightburn?
    yea I got your back, i'll chat you up tomorrow on gchat
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    You just have to redo those variables, but unfortunately you'll have to doctor the phone again (2 times, 1 with modified token and the reg os doctor) with just the correct token.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    yea I got your back, i'll chat you up tomorrow on gchat
    Thanks again then, in advance!
    Meta-doctor running now. This is honestly easier than I thought it would be except for my weird Makefile issue there for a little while.
    Are you running it in Virtual Box or on hostOS? I can't seem to recognize my device in the box and shared hostOS folder is shown as empty.
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Are you running it in Virtual Box or on hostOS? I can't seem to recognize my device in the box and shared hostOS folder is shown as empty.
    I've actually done it every way possible now, thanks to trouble shooting and playing around with stuff. I've run from Ubuntu in VirtualBox, I've run it in Windows after building in Ubuntu and sending it out through the shared folder, and I've built in cygwin before running in Windows.

They all worked equally well for me, once I got the Makefile working right.

Cygwin certainly has the least amount of set-up to get things running though, very easy to set-up and get running if you're starting from scratch. But Ubuntu is still not bad to get set-up in VirtualBox.
    I don't see anything in my shared folder and the Virtual Box appears to not recgnize my fully functioning Sprint stock Pre (just trying to see if I get the "next" button to activate without actually running it as a test before hardware surgery). Are you suggesting I try cygwin instead?
    I'm not sure the situation that is going on is intended or what...

I got my busted screen pre and my bad esn pre plus.

I lightly checked to see if the pre plus was in working order (turned it on, tapped the screen, then turned it off). Right before I operated the pre plus i double checked the capability of the plus.

Right when i was about to turn it off i got the "You have been signed out of your palm account, please reboot" message. So evidently the seller issued a remote wipe and i let the phone power down, but i pulled the battery before the phone started up.

I went ahead and swapped the coms boards from the pre to the plus. In palm's great wisdom (not sarcastic) they thought ahead and made the pre block the usb recovery mode if a remote wipe order was issued. so i allowed the phone to start up and do the wipe. I know that remote wipes do not brick pre's, but this is going on 10+ hours of the spinning circle on the sky background.

How long does a remote wipe take on a pre plus?

Is it because I swapped the coms board and the phone is confused?

[edit] pulled battery and just plugged in the plus without the battery in, as expected got the question mark battery on the screen, i held the up button and put in the battery and that put it into usb mode. just tried to run the meta doctor and got incorrect version of phone, so i need to go back and re-evaluate what i did when making meta.
    Last edited by victorkruger; 09/01/2010 at 09:33 AM. Reason: clarification
    What I've done so far:

I bought a pre and a pre plus from ebay (not modifying my pre that i use)

I replaced the coms board on the plus with the one from the pre.

I flashed the plus with meta doctor and got to the point to sign into my palm profile.

The plus does not have the evdo icon and i can not log in to my profile.

Any suggestions?

edit:
    Boy am i feeling silly today! I put the tokens in the wrong section of the xml file. re-meta the phone.
    Last edited by victorkruger; 09/01/2010 at 11:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by victorkruger View Post
    What I've done so far:

I flashed the plus with meta doctor and got to the point to sign into my palm profile.

Any suggestions?
    I don't think we have enough detail to help. You probably did something wrong in the meta doctor steps. Did you get the tokens off the broken screen pre ?
    What I've done so far:

Any suggestions?

edit:
    Boy am i feeling silly today! I put the tokens in the wrong section of the xml file. re-meta the phone.
    Also you'll need to reprogram the phone. Hit ##(MSL)# at the screen and change the MSID and MDID to your old phone's settings.

You'll need to contact Sprint for the MSL for the Pre.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    I'm not sure the situation that is going on is intended or what...

I got my busted screen pre and my bad esn pre plus.

I lightly checked to see if the pre plus was in working order (turned it on, tapped the screen, then turned it off). Right before I operated the pre plus i double checked the capability of the plus.

Right when i was about to turn it off i got the "You have been signed out of your palm account, please reboot" message. So evidently the seller issued a remote wipe and i let the phone power down, but i pulled the battery before the phone started up.

I went ahead and swapped the coms boards from the pre to the plus. In palm's great wisdom (not sarcastic) they thought ahead and made the pre block the usb recovery mode if a remote wipe order was issued. so i allowed the phone to start up and do the wipe. I know that remote wipes do not brick pre's, but this is going on 10+ hours of the spinning circle on the sky background.

How long does a remote wipe take on a pre plus?

Is it because I swapped the coms board and the phone is confused?

[edit] pulled battery and just plugged in the plus without the battery in, as expected got the question mark battery on the screen, i held the up button and put in the battery and that put it into usb mode. just tried to run the meta doctor and got incorrect version of phone, so i need to go back and re-evaluate what i did when making meta.
    You missed the steps where you override the Metadoctor's Makefile.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Also you'll need to reprogram the phone. Hit ##(MSL)# at the screen and change the MSID and MDID to your old phone's settings.

You'll need to contact Sprint for the MSL for the Pre.
    I am unable to get past downloading the palm profile because it doesn't have an evdo connection to pull my palm profile. Should i bypass the palm profile setup in meta doctor so that i can update my msid and mdid?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    I don't think we have enough detail to help. You probably did something wrong in the meta doctor steps. Did you get the tokens off the broken screen pre ?
    I'm pulling the tokens from my pre that i use as my current phone, not the one from the broken screen. Should i be using the tokens from the broken screen pre?
    I am unable to get past downloading the palm profile because it doesn't have an evdo connection to pull my palm profile. Should i bypass the palm profile setup in meta doctor so that i can update my msid and mdid?
    Not necessary. I did that programming on my Pre Plus when it's all completed (i.e. after using the stock Doctor). You can actually enter that in the activation page after language selection.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

I'm pulling the tokens from my pre that i use as my current phone, not the one from the broken screen. Should i be using the tokens from the broken screen pre?
    You should be using the tokens from the broken unit. Otherwise you'd get conflicts with your working one.

Not necessary. I did that programming on my Pre Plus when it's all completed (i.e. after using the stock Doctor). You can actually enter that in the activation page after language selection.
    ok, the issue was that it was auto activating and not giving me a chance to enter that info.

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani
    You should be using the tokens from the broken unit. Otherwise you'd get conflicts with your working one.
    Got it! I've meta-doctored the broken pre as you told another member acouple pages back and extracted the token. Now i'm going through and updating my make file.
    ok, the issue was that it was auto activating and not giving me a chance to enter that info.
    Without EV-DO?

You actually enter the MSL where it describes what the Palm Profile does. The phone app will appear.

Without EV-DO?

You actually enter the MSL where it describes what the Palm Profile does. The phone app will appear.

I'm guessing that it's the broken sprint pre's msl i would need.

I'm a bit confused on how to proceed from here.
    Last edited by victorkruger; 09/01/2010 at 05:02 PM.