1.    #1  
    Scenario:
    You're writing a tweet. You want to reference a friend, but you can't remember their twitter username because it's something stupid like schmid7y (sorry mate, had to pick on you )

Solution:
    Edit your auto-correct dictionary! Now, all you need to type is @sch and it will autocorrect to @schmid7y - perfect

Add your twitter names to the autocorrect dictionary using this example format:

@err|@errade
    @wor|@webosroundup
    @mech|@Mechanical_Mind
    @dieter|@backlon

etc. etc.

Result:
    Autocomplete that works in any twitter client - sorted
    Last edited by errade; 08/15/2010 at 04:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    Scenario:
    You're writing a tweet. You want to reference a friend, but you can't remember their twitter username because it's something stupid like schmid7y (sorry mate, had to pick on you )

Solution:
    Edit your auto-correct dictionary! (here's how) Now, all you need to type is @sch and it will autocorrect to @schmid7y - perfect

Add your twitter names to the autocorrect dictionary using this example format:

@err|@errade
    @wor|@webosroundup
    @mech|@Mechanical_Mind
    @dieter|@backlon

etc. etc.

Result:
    Autocomplete that works in any twitter client - sorted
    That's an awesome idea, will be giving this a try. Thanks for the tip. You should make the link to your thread more visible though, people might miss it.

Pip
    Autocorrect refuses to work for me. Oh well.
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
    Love this idea! Was just thinking today that I couldn't remember someone's entire twitter username. Some of them are quite interesting.

If anyone wants to follow me on there, my username is easy, it's the same as it is here. Just let me know, so I return the follow, because I don't automatically follow everyone back, but will if I know you're from the boards here.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    just tweeted jour TIP!!!
    Thanks for a amazing flaw i did not know to solve,
    but see here just read the forums haha
    awesome tip! thanks!
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it