Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1.    #1  
    I can't find anything to help with either one and yes, I did search, for the past 2 days.

    One: I have java and the current versions of WebOS QI and Doctor on my Mac, however, I cannot get WebOS QI to work. I get an error that there is no file associated to open java.

    Does anyone know how to solve this? I can run doctor, but not the QI.

    Two: I somehow lost my installation of Internalz, after the update the other night to 1.4.5, I picked up my phone about an hour later and it was uninstalling it. I've no idea how or why, but it did and now I cannot find it in Preware to reinstall. Anyone have a clue?

    I did have several issues from the update, but finally resolved them all, yesterday, this is the only thing I am still having a problem with.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  2. #2  
    I have no idea on the QI question. As far as Intenalz, mine made it though the update ok. Did you check your saved packages list on Preware? Hopefully you can find it there.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I have no idea on the QI question. As far as Intenalz, mine made it though the update ok. Did you check your saved packages list on Preware? Hopefully you can find it there.
    Yes, I did and no luck! Thanks for the suggestion, though!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  4.    #4  
    When my roommate gets home from work, I may see if I can use his laptop and QI to try to, at least, get internalz via that.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Yes, I did and no luck! Thanks for the suggestion, though!
    When you open Preware and just type in 'internalz', it doesn't show up? If it doesn't, check your feeds and make sure they are updated and in order.

    P.S. I just checked, it should be in the PreCentral feed.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    When you open Preware and just type in 'internalz', it doesn't show up? If it doesn't, check your feeds and make sure they are updated and in order.

    P.S. I just checked, it should be in the PreCentral feed.
    LOL! I think we thought of the same thing, at the same time. I just realized I wasn't getting as much stuff listed in Preware as I usually do. So, after my last post to you, I launched it and checked and the PreCentral feed was turned off.

    Turned it on, updated them and now, all is good, I have Internalz, again!

    Thanks!

    Now, I need a mac expert! LOL!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  7. #7  
    Cool! The only suggestion I can think of for QI is to reinstall it again from scratch and see if that works.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Cool! The only suggestion I can think of for QI is to reinstall it again from scratch and see if that works.
    I think I may try that, later when I am feeling a little less aggravated with it! Generally not good to do something when you are feeling annoyed, the problems just compound.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  9. #9  
    Try this: Go to java and either re-download or update it. I think the problems is with your javascript. If that's the error msg you're getting. Some file(s) have been corrupted.

    Best of luck.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Try this: Go to java and either re-download or update it. I think the problems is with your javascript. If that's the error msg you're getting. Some file(s) have been corrupted.

    Best of luck.
    I checked and I have the most current, the tests that you can use to see if you have it, even before you download WebOS QI all who that it's fine.

    Guess I'll try again.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  11. santos's Avatar
    Posts
    578 Posts
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Try this: Go to java and either re-download or update it. I think the problems is with your javascript. If that's the error msg you're getting. Some file(s) have been corrupted.

    Best of luck.
    Java and JavaScript are two different things.

    OP, can you post a screen shot of the error?

    Also, how are you trying to launch WebOS QI.. By double clicking it? Does it have a Sun/Oracle Java icon?
  12.    #12  
    Ummmmm...I don't even know how to take a screenshot on this Mac, yet. Just got it and am still learning, having never used one, before.

    And yes, I click, it moves to my dock, then I click to launch it and the error pops up. But, right now, I can't even get it to do that much. It just really doesn't want to cooperate with me, at all.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    Java and JavaScript are two different things.

    OP, can you post a screen shot of the error?

    Also, how are you trying to launch WebOS QI.. By double clicking it? Does it have a Sun/Oracle Java icon?
    I'm quite aware of the difference between java and javscript. The Op stated an error receive about no file associated with java, and sometime you do get that error if java is not enable on your computer. It's not hard or difficult to launch webos quickinstall... I think the op have some knowledge of doing that.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    I'm quite aware of the difference between java and javscript. The Op stated an error receive about no file associated with java, and sometime you do get that error if java is not enable on your computer. It's not hard or difficult to launch webos quickinstall... I think the op have some knowledge of doing that.
    Yes, I've done it a lot. This is just my first time using a Mac. No problems at all on my roommate's Windows laptop.

    And thanks!

    I'll spend some more time tomorrow looking into the Java problem to double check and will probably reinstall.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Yes, I've done it a lot. This is just my first time using a Mac. No problems at all on my roommate's Windows laptop.

    And thanks!

    I'll spend some more time tomorrow looking into the Java problem to double check and will probably reinstall.
    I found the culprit... It's not your java, the problem is your java startup. I had the same problem tonight, while trying to get webos doctor to perform the latest update 1.4.5.

    Delete java startup in Add/Remove and then re-download it again. Should work after that.
  16. santos's Avatar
    Posts
    578 Posts
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    I found the culprit... It's not your java, the problem is your java startup. I had the same problem tonight, while trying to get webos doctor to perform the latest update 1.4.5.

    Delete java startup in Add/Remove and then re-download it again. Should work after that.
    She's on a Mac.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    She's on a Mac.
    Exactly! If I was still on a Win machine, I'd know how to get it to work, I'm used to those.

    However, I got disgusted with them having had nothing but problems with Vista for the past year, so I have given them up for the sake of my own sanity!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  18. santos's Avatar
    Posts
    578 Posts
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Exactly! If I was still on a Win machine, I'd know how to get it to work, I'm used to those.

    However, I got disgusted with them having had nothing but problems with Vista for the past year, so I have given them up for the sake of my own sanity!
    I'll try it on my Mac here and let you know what I find.
  19. #19  
    That's why I stick to my old Windows XP.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    I'll try it on my Mac here and let you know what I find.
    Thank you, I would greatly appreciate it!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions