Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    That's why I stick to my old Windows XP.
    You couldn't pay to ever get another Win machine as my main computer, no way!! I am done!

The next gadget toy purchase here will be an iPad!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Thank you, I would greatly appreciate it!

Alright, after downloading WebOS QI from the forums, I went to finder and launched the .jar file.

I was then asked to download WebOS Doctor, which I did.

After downloading the doctor, I relaunched the jar file and was presented with an installation prompt.

After installation I was able to use the app.

So the question here is ... how far do you get?
    Last edited by santos; 08/14/2010 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Shrink 2nd image.
    not totally related, but I totally understand your frustration/annoyance/anger at Windows Vista. I had it on 3 machines of then 5 in my house, and hated every second of it. I never did upgrade my main desktop machine, for not wanting to deal with that aggrivation. Vista was the Windows ME of this century,... worse than awful!

I will tell you tho, and not trying to change your mind for your new MacLove, I know many DO love it better, but Windows7 is MUCH MUCH BETTER!!\

just sayin' , (my personal 2cents)
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    Alright, after downloading WebOS QI from the forums, I went to finder and launched the .jar file.

I was then asked to download WebOS Doctor, which I did.

After downloading the doctor, I relaunched the jar file and was presented with an installation prompt.

After installation I was able to use the app.

So the question here is ... how far do you get?
    I have them in the Mac, but did not get the install to launch when I click WebOS QI. It acts like it opens and I get a really weird bar at the top of my screen, but it is not doing what it's supposed to do.

There was someone else with the same model iBook yesterday having the same problem and we spent hours on it and neither one of us could get it to work. We both even tried installing soylatte, because of the Java limitations of these old machines and still nothing.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    not totally related, but I totally understand your frustration/annoyance/anger at Windows Vista. I had it on 3 machines of then 5 in my house, and hated every second of it. I never did upgrade my main desktop machine, for not wanting to deal with that aggrivation. Vista was the Windows ME of this century,... worse than awful!

I will tell you tho, and not trying to change your mind for your new MacLove, I know many DO love it better, but Windows7 is MUCH MUCH BETTER!!\

just sayin' , (my personal 2cents)
    And my opinion is that windows is god awful! Got my first computer in 1999, hated Windows then and still hate it now!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12