Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I haven't been on campus since the update until the last couple of days. I was surprised to find that my wifi wouldn't connect to my university's WPA2 Enterprise wifi. It has always connected perfectly before, so of course I came on over to the forums at precentral. It looks like several other people have similar situations with this very particular type of wifi network. Has anyone figured anything more out about this bug? Here are the specifications my university's IT department lists concerning our network, perhaps that will help to identify some issues.

The network uses Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) certification programs to secure the network. WPA/TKIP or WPA2/AES along with Protected Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) securely transmit passwords.
    For normal people: when I try to connect, it asks for my university netID and password, I put them in and have wonderfully stable, reliable internet across campus. I think that is what makes it enterprise, right? It asks for a matching username and password instead of just a single password for everyone on the network?

There is also and unencrypted "guest" network (it connects without any trouble), but before you can do anything else you get redirected to a login page in the browser and I have never been able to get it to log me in on my pre.
    Up to the current update I have not had any battery usage problems but the latest update changed that. All of a sudden my battery is draining down extremely quickly. I am charging it now 3 times a day. I did not change any of my settings so it has me baffled. Anyone else have this problem?
    Maybe its just a coincidence that your battery got to a bad point in its life at the time that you got the update. I had a similiar issue back when i started overclocking. I was thinking that the OC was causing my battery drain issues and come to find out it was just that my battery was weak. Replaced it and everything was back to normal.
    Have you check out this thread....http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...r-battery.html

Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by drugstorecowboy View Post
    Me too. It was pretty rare before the update.
    I don't get random restarts but my pre seems to forget my pin and says I didn't get it right. Had to do battery pull 2 times in 3-4 days. Never had to do that before that with previous version.
    I'm concerned about my Pre after the 1.4.5 upgrade. My phone will switch to Headset mode on its own after EVERY call. I have to use the Ghastly Headset app just to switch this all the time now. I'm aware this is most likely a hardware problem, but this became a consistent issue only after the upgrade. If it is a coincidence it is a lousy one.

Further, and maybe this is related, I can no longer use my Motorola T505 In-Car Speakerphone and Digital FM Transmitter. This is how I usually listen to music, podcasts, and take hands-free calls on my commute. It syncs with no indication of a problem, but the audio does not go to it.

I'm to the point where I am about to just plug my headset in so I can use the phone and listen to music. All The Time. I would consider Doctoring my phone but a) I never have and don't look forward to the idea of having to reinstall everything and b) if it IS a hardware problem then it is a waste of time.
    I went to take a shower and plugged in my Sprint Palm Pre to charge. I came out and saw my phone was updating and immediately thought "Well **** what have I done now."

Now that it's all over all my patches are gone but all my applications are still there. What is the easiest way to get all the patches back? Doing an EPR then manually reinstalling them?

Oh and it updated while I was using UberKernel at a 500/800 Screenstate with Govnah. Updating while using that didn't mess anything up did it?
    Yes...EPR and manually install patches. UberKernel at a 500/800 Screenstate with Govnah should be just fine.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    No worries mate.
    before you do epr you should make sure preware is updated. After that you may see all yr patch updates.
    your patches wil usually disappear afte an update because you need to go into preware and update them...you'l see that you have a lot of updates when you go back into preware. As far as having uberkernel installed I think it's safe to keep on there now...not sure
    I was looking for known issues but couldn't find any, here's what I had today.

When using a car charger (and I'm using the official sprint one) it indicates that the phone is charging but it is not.

When plugged into the charger all sorts of issues happen such as

1. Sprint Nav doesn't want to play nice
    2. Having multiple apps open, freezes display for a long long long time and you can't toggle btwn apps (like phone and chat)
    3. Phone goes Offline?!?? For no reason?!?
    4. Did I mention that it's not charging even tho the indicator says it is?

Was looking for a patch fix update...no luck. Anyone else having any/all issues?
    ==============================

Im sorry; you must have mistaken me for someone else. My name is Anastasia Beaverhousen.

anyone having trouble with mobile hotspot after the update? I can't seem to get tethered
    Quote Originally Posted by arpena View Post
    Hello Everyone,

Ever since I upgraded to 1.4.5, I haven't been able to download paid and free apps. In fact, all of my paid apps are gone.

This occurrence happened two days ago, just right after I upgraded to 1.4.5 when I was downloading a paid app. I forget which app it was. Anyhow, I was logged out of my palm profile. So, I logged back in successfully, but my apps were gone (paid/free). My contacts and my notes are intact.

So far, I can surf the web on wi-fi and with evdo signal. I can even check for webOS updates. However, this is mind boggling.

Anyhow, I'm guaranteed a new pre phone by sprint (on 4th phone) and with credits towards the apps I lost.

What do you think? Has anybody experience any of this?

Thanks much,

Arnold
    Do a full reset and everything will be redownloaded.

If that fails, contact Palm support, as they can get your apps back.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Download one of these webos doctor version for your phone/subscriber. I assume you did the update OTA. The doctor should correct any OTA hiccups.

Here is the new link: Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals. Note: Also remember to save your patch(s) with Save and Restore.

Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by arpena View Post
    Hello Everyone,

Ever since I upgraded to 1.4.5, I haven't been able to download paid and free apps. In fact, all of my paid apps are gone.

This occurrence happened two days ago, just right after I upgraded to 1.4.5 when I was downloading a paid app. I forget which app it was. Anyhow, I was logged out of my palm profile. So, I logged back in successfully, but my apps were gone (paid/free). My contacts and my notes are intact.

So far, I can surf the web on wi-fi and with evdo signal. I can even check for webOS updates. However, this is mind boggling.

Anyhow, I'm guaranteed a new pre phone by sprint (on 4th phone) and with credits towards the apps I lost.

What do you think? Has anybody experience any of this?

Thanks much,

Arnold
    Do an erase apps and data from device info app. Then sign back into your profile. All should be back to normal then.

Pip
    My phone just updated to 1.4.5 last night when I got home and plugged it in (went to sleep right after). Before the update, I was using MyTether and it was working fine for me, but now I'm having some problems. After not being able to pinpoint my issue, I went and installed Mobile Hotspot along with the freetetherd patch. I was happy that it works afterward, but it tends to drop connection every 57mins-1 hour and reconnecting itself back. I find it annoying and was wondering if anyone else is having this problem or had this problem? I tried searching, but couldn't find anything specific to my issue.

I was thinking about going back to the previous OS update, but I wouldn't want it to update itself again.

jas0n
    I'm not sure this is the correct place to post this but..

I've been having trouble ever since upgrading to 1.4.5.

Seems the camera totally stops working and all media will not play. If you launch the camera app you get a black screen.

If you launch the music app, the songs just scroll by the screen on there own, like a ghost is flipping by the music and nothing will play.

Nothing will play in drpodder, and all files keep saying error playing file.

My only recourse was to doctor the phone, and everything was working again.

This will be my second time doctoring because of the same issue.

I'm almost certain now that there is something really wrong with 1.4.5 and not enough people have made the connection, so I'm trying to see if anyone else is having the same issue (I did find a a few in the overclock thread).

And no, I stopped using any Overclockers until I figure out what is causing this issue.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    so pdk apps won't open. the card just sits there with the icon glowing. i've ran eFstab, but the problem still persists. I've tried the repair utility, and still encountered the same problem. I'd rather not doctor my phone, since i have it set up just the way i like it (sans no pdk apps!)

sprint pre

upgraded from 1.4.1.1 to 1.4.5 OTA

any help would be great! this is driving me crazy!!!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    My calendar for all day events is showing up a day earlier. When I look at it in my Gmail calendar, it will be correct. Does anybody else have this issue?
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Speed View Post
    I have one the strangest thing happen and i cant seem to fix it. my system sound is no longer working and my ringer sound is very low,,,,, let me say this to get out of the way. Yes the switch is on, Yes the volume is on high,,,,and Yes i ran an EPR to see if that was the problem, no luck oh and one more thing yes i went into device menu and test the phone sound and nothing ANY OTHER IDEAS GUYS I NEED YOUR HELP
    Im having a similer problem, I hardly hear anything most of the time but other times it will work fine.
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast