Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepybubba View Post
    I had installed 1.4.5 over wifi. After upgrade the phone fails to connect to wireless. The signal strength seems fine but connection isn't happening. Anyone else had this issue?

We have both Protected EAP with WPA2-Etnerprise encryption and public non-authenticated wifi at work. Before the upgrade it was working fine.
    This is how I did my OTA, but all my wifi is working great still.
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    can anyone confirm if the mobile hotspot is still working after the 1.4.5 update or not?
    works fine on my sprint US pre
    this has been reported already yesterday.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-issues-5.html

seems to be a bug with 1.4.5, hopefully it gets fixed soon
    Update jack'd my phone!!

-Patches were removed
    -Kernel (F105) not working

The patches are no big deal as I was able to reinstall them, but the kernel is still f'd up. I go to install it and it does indicate "success" but then it fails and tells me to check the logs. The logs say it's "incompatible with this webos version".

I thought as long as I installed the kernel through preware then I didn't need to remove it prior to the update???

I really don't want to doctor my phone and 500mhz is just waaaay too slow for me.

HELP!!!
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
    Not 100% sure, but most all the posts referring to updates always say to remove any custom kernal first. I think the only kernel that was safe to leave on, was Uberkernal. I did not have that, so I removed (reset to default) before update

I dont know if you have any rememdy other than Doctoring, unlesss one of the smart guys have any ideas..

Quote Originally Posted by algee650 View Post
    Update jack'd my phone!!

-Patches were removed

The patches are no big deal as I was able to reinstall them, but the kernel is still f'd up. I go to install it and it does indicate "success" but then it fails and tells me to check the logs. The logs say it's "incompatible with this webos version".

I thought as long as I installed the kernel through preware then I didn't need to remove it prior to the update???

I really don't want to doctor my phone and 500mhz is just waaaay too slow for me.

HELP!!!
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Update jack'd my phone!!

-Patches were removed

HELP!!!
    As I mentioned earlier... I found that this was true- kind of- after my update.
    I would imagine that the F105 kernel would have updated, had I updated the feed information in Preware. After I updated to the testing/1.4.5/ feed and deleted the 1.4.1.1 feed (and had already removed the non-working kernel), everything went perfectly. The F105 kernel based on the 1.4.1 doctor is incompatible. You need to make sure that Preware can "see" the 1.4.5 feed so it can update it- or just do like I did and remove and install from the new feed.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepybubba View Post
    Device: Pre
    Carrier: Sprint
    WebOS version: 1.4.5
    Prior webOS version: 1.4.1.1
    How did you update: OTA over WiFi
    ----------

* After upgrade the phone fails to connect to wireless. The signal strength seems fine but connection isn't happening. We have Protected EAP with WPA2-Etnerprise encryption at work. Before the upgrade it was working fine.

* I tried connecting at the train via non-authenticated wifi and at home where I have a WPA2 authentication (non-Enterprise) and it seemed working. So the only option is broken is WPA2-Enteprirse. This was definitely wokring in 1.4.1 and 1.4.0.
    I had this happen yesterday (and also posted about it), but it may not be the same. I noticed the BT was acting strange, so I shut off BT. WiFi started working immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    LOL! We all forget such mundane things, now and then, that's why I mentioned it.

Did you get it working?
    See my response to the first quote. Thanks, yes I did.

Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Not 100% sure, but most all the posts referring to updates always say to remove any custom kernal first. I think the only kernel that was safe to leave on, was Uberkernal. I did not have that, so I removed (reset to default) before update

I dont know if you have any rememdy other than Doctoring, unlesss one of the smart guys have any ideas..
    I know Rod has commented a few times- if you install a kernel using Preware, you should NOT have to remove it after an update. As I mention in my first response [above], you just have to make sure that Preware has the updated feed information!

Now, on to my issue...
    BT is not working at all. It says it's turned on in the preferences, but it never discovers any BT devices and I get no BT icon. This isn't acceptable- I can't drive and use my phone without my BT headset.

See anything wrong with these screenshots?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigan View Post
    After updating to 1.4.5 Sprint, all my notes in my contacts have a lot of extra text and symbols. It is very hard to read my actual notes among all the extra symbols. Anyone else have this issue?
    Yes I have the issue also. Somebody already reported it to HardBeatZ - don't know what the fix is, if it will require another update or what...
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Well, after a few very long device resets... BT is working normally again. It even found all of my BT profiles. Crazy. But very good.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Update jack'd my phone!!

-Patches were removed

HELP!!!
    Some people have had this issue. Usually, to correct it, you have to uninstall the kernel, reboot, reinstall the original kernel, reboot, then install your chosen custom kernel, again, to fix the problem.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Update jack'd my phone!!

-Patches were removed

HELP!!!
    Didn't do much research did you. Updates always knock out patches, but AUPT allows them to simply be updated through preware once the new OS update has been installed. So...the update did not "jack" them up.
    Did you read anything about the kernels? You are upset that it doesn't work after an update? Really? You are using an experimental kernel and thing the UPDATE "jacked up" your phone? Don't blame the kernel or the update. Look in the mirrow, and then maybe do a little research before you apply kernels.
    Device: Pre
    Carrier: Sprint
    WebOS version: 1.4.5
    Prior webOS version: 1.4.1.1
    How did you update: OTA

I'm experiencing the same problem with "Enterprise" wifi that others have reported on my school's wifi network. It tries to connect but just stalls halfway through. It already has my credentials from before the update.

I'm also experiencing an issue with letters being repeated many times when I'm typing. This is weird since I thought it was only on Verizon Pres and that it has already been fixed.

I'm very unhappy with this update as it's made my phone worse. Palm hasn't done crap for months. No major software releases and not even a hint of new hardware. I'm up for upgrade in September and I would really like a new Palm phone. I really love webOS but Palm can't seem to do anything right lately. I might have to upgrade to a Samsung Epic. Lets hope Palm can pull itself together.
    Hi I'm hoping someone out there might be able to give some advice regarding my Palm Pixi. Yesterday I upgraded to the new webOS 1.4.5 and lost all ability to play music. Ringtones do not work. Music players do not work. I cannot play or record videos. Youtube videos do not work. I thought i may just need to use the webOS doctor that this website graciously offered but when i get to the screen that directs me to plug in my device, after plugging in my pixi nothing happens. I tried to troubleshoot using the help link on the webOS Doctor but none of their solutions worked. So, i decided to try resetting my phone completly and that too was not effective in either allowing me to play sound/video OR utilize webOS doctor... soo... any suggestions out there?
    Quote Originally Posted by johnrhic View Post
    Hi I'm hoping someone out there might be able to give some advice regarding my Palm Pixi. Yesterday I upgraded to the new webOS 1.4.5 and lost all ability to play music. Ringtones do not work. Music players do not work. I cannot play or record videos. Youtube videos do not work. I thought i may just need to use the webOS doctor that this website graciously offered but when i get to the screen that directs me to plug in my device, after plugging in my pixi nothing happens. I tried to troubleshoot using the help link on the webOS Doctor but none of their solutions worked. So, i decided to try resetting my phone completly and that too was not effective in either allowing me to play sound/video OR utilize webOS doctor... soo... any suggestions out there?
    Is your phone is developer mode?

Are you selecting the just charge option?

Have you tried doing an EPR to remove all patches and see if it fixes the problem? Might be better to try, before doctoring, or you could try to WebOS Repair Utility.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I have one the strangest thing happen and i cant seem to fix it. my system sound is no longer working and my ringer sound is very low,,,,, let me say this to get out of the way. Yes the switch is on, Yes the volume is on high,,,,and Yes i ran an EPR to see if that was the problem, no luck oh and one more thing yes i went into device menu and test the phone sound and nothing ANY OTHER IDEAS GUYS I NEED YOUR HELP
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    LOL! We all forget such mundane things, now and then, that's why I mentioned it.

Did you get it working?
    I do I make sure that I am in the correct feeds....

Thanks,
    Hey Folks,

I had my first extended conference call w/1.4.5 via BT this morning and lost BT connection a couple of times. Anyone else having issues? I'm using the Moto headphone style headset & the Thunderchief kernel.

Thanks!
    Am I the only one with problems after 1.4.5?? i even Doctored the phone, and now i have apps that won't open. They get stuck on the splash screen and then the phone needs a battery pull. I also have had the phone reboot itself a few times. This morning, the phone was off and it must have shut off in the middle of the night. I couldn't power it up until I pulled the battery and put it back.

What is going in here?
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Having issues with my current time displayed. When the screen is off the time is not being updated. As soon as I turn the screen back on the time updates. It was not doing this before I installed 1.4.5 on Sprint. The inaccurate time is affecting my alarms and almost caused me to be late for work this morning. Anyone else experiencing this?

Chris
    Last edited by Dchris222; 08/13/2010 at 10:21 AM.
    I can't record videos either. I am about to throw this Pre in the trash receptacle and get a phone that works. This is unbelievable.
    Last edited by voltageROCK; 08/13/2010 at 10:44 AM.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    Am I the only one with problems after 1.4.5?? i even Doctored the phone, and now i have apps that won't open. They get stuck on the splash screen and then the phone needs a battery pull. I also have had the phone reboot itself a few times. This morning, the phone was off and it must have shut off in the middle of the night. I couldn't power it up until I pulled the battery and put it back.

What is going in here?
    How did you update to 1.4.5? If it was OTA, then I would recommend doing a webos doctor update.

I always do another update through webos doc. Hope that work for you.
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast