Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910 15 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 306
  1. #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Device: Pre
    Carrier: Sprint
    WebOS version: 1.4.5
    Prior webOS version: 1.4.1.1
    How did you update: OTA

    I'm seeing two issues.
    • I'm seeing a LOT of hesitation- and that's being kind. My screen freezes for anywhere from 10sec to 1min. Sometimes I see quick "fast-forward" of the actions I've tried (gesture, tap, scroll, etc.) and sometimes it just starts up like nothing happened. This is happening all the time- very replicable.
    • Today, immediately after a call that ended in my house (where I have an Airave and a wireless router) I noticed that WiFi wouldn't connect. I still had the WiFi icon, but the WiFi preferences said it was OFF. When I tried to turn the toggle on, it moved to ON, but immediately went back to OFF. At that point, I noticed the the BT audio gateway was still open. I pressed the button on my BT headset, which immediately closed the connection. As soon as I did that, WiFi came back on. I haven't tried to replicate this yet.

    Other than these two things, I'm digging this update.

    Okeedokee. I think I found out what was happening with the first issue. Without wanting to get into any trouble, let's just say that I noticed the update made all of the mods that I usually make with Govnah no longer available. Looks like my F105 kernel isn't working with 1.4.5 yet.
    It is said that all kernels are compatible, did you check Preware to see if you need to update F105? I know most of us had to update whatever one we were using, after we installed 1.4.5
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
    I get an error saying please turn off airplane mode to use this feature. Does this happen to anyone else?

    And yes, airplane mode is off...
    Battery pull hasn't worked. Wifi on and off hasn't worked. I can browse all the channels, but can't view any without this error message.

    Sprint Nav also seems to think I'm in airplane mode...

    Anyone with any suggestions other than doctoring?
    Last edited by Croathlete; 08/11/2010 at 09:31 PM.
  3. Trident's Avatar
    Posts
    337 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    It is said that all kernels are compatible, did you check Preware to see if you need to update F105? I know most of us had to update whatever one we were using, after we installed 1.4.5
    LMAO @myself.
    Of course, there was no update for the kernel in Preware because I hadn't updated the feed to 1.4.5! Just updated the feeds with the new feed installed... we'll see what happens. The F105 kernel that is showing up still says 1.4.1... of course, it helps if I type in the name of the feed correctly.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
  4. wamiller's Avatar
    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    #84  
    Just to follow up on my email signature issue - if you leave the -- in the default message, it will not save changes. Remove at least one of the dashes in the default message '-- Sent from my Palm Pre'. This was a problem with earlier releases also - found it on the Palm website.
  5. #85  
    1. What is the bug you are experiencing? (As much detail as possible):

    NOTES Field in Contacts now displays html coding for each line break.

    After updating from 1.4.1.1 to 1.4.5 my contacts display funny. When opening a contact and looking at any NOTES for the contact, the notes display as continous text without any line breaks, but instead list the HTML coding for the line break as text. Here is an example:

    NOTES: Hours they are open are 0900-1730<br />Use main phone number and ask receptionist to transfer you to manager<br /><br />Manager's name is John Doe<br />

    What is funny about this is that when you EDIT the contact, the NOTES field displays correctly.

    2. What steps can you take to replicate the issue?

    After LUNA restart, Contacts still display wrong. Powering down & removing battery, Contacts still display wrong

    I even edited the default Contact for Account Information (*4) by adding a NEW NOTE and it displays each line break as HTML coding.

    Went to my wifes Palm Pre phone and added a NOTE on her contacts, and it displays wrong.

    Sounds like a CODING bug to me....

    Device information

    Device: Palm Pre
    Carrier: Sprint 2.5
    WebOS version: 1.4.5
    Prior webOS version: 1.4.1.1
    How did you update: via Wi-Fi and manually selecting "Updates".

    I do run PreWare with several patches, but the only patches concerning Contacts that I have are Additional Contact Labels (My wifes phone does NOT have this patch), SMS Tone per Contact
    Last edited by robapodaca; 08/11/2010 at 11:36 PM.
  6. #86  
    Hey People.

    So – since my Pre updated to 1.4.5 I noticed that the notes field in all of my contacts now contains <br /> instead of actually making a line break/carriage return.

    Essentially – all the notes fields are now one long paragraph with no line-breaks where I would normally have hit “enter” when I input the note to go to a new line.

    Has anyone else got this?? Its weird …. An example is below:

    Notes
    ~ Met them in ATL<br />~ had lunch at Rockies<br />~ old number is 323.394.3213<br />~ gf name: Cheryl<br />~ likes golf

    Before the 1.4.5 update the same notes field would read like this:
    ~ Met them in ATL
    ~ had lunch at Rockies
    ~ old number is 323.394.3213
    ~ gf name: Cheryl
    ~ likes golf

    Am I alone in my “notes field” with weird html tag line break issue??
    <br /> Why is this happening??

    Thanks.
  7. #87  
    I echo the fact that this <br /> is occurring on my stock pre, running 1.4.5

    Odd that its not come up until now - prior version of webOS have not had this issue. Pls advise on solution or update that will correct it - as of course, its quite a pain to read the solid paragraph of txt with <br /> in it ... that should actually be line breaks.

    Thanks,
    Byron
  8. #88  
    >> I echo the fact that this <br /> is occurring on my stock pre, running 1.4.5
    >>
    >> Odd that its not come up until now - prior version of webOS have not had
    >> this issue. Pls advise on solution or update that will correct it - as of
    >> course, its quite a pain to read the solid paragraph of txt with <br /> in it
    >> ... that should actually be line breaks.

    Yes, it's very hard to read, and hope there's a fix on the way.
    In the meantime, just click on the "Edit" button and there you go.
    A bit of a pain, but a simple workaround for now.
  9. #89  
    Got the same thing here. Good thing that everyone at HPalm and Sprint spent the long period to review the update.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

    HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
  10. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    LMAO @myself.
    Of course, there was no update for the kernel in Preware because I hadn't updated the feed to 1.4.5! Just updated the feeds with the new feed installed... we'll see what happens. The F105 kernel that is showing up still says 1.4.1... of course, it helps if I type in the name of the feed correctly.
    LOL! We all forget such mundane things, now and then, that's why I mentioned it.

    Did you get it working?
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  11. #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by wamiller View Post
    Just to follow up on my email signature issue - if you leave the -- in the default message, it will not save changes. Remove at least one of the dashes in the default message '-- Sent from my Palm Pre'. This was a problem with earlier releases also - found it on the Palm website.
    Yes, this is not a new issue, there are several threads on here about it, including the information on how to fix it.

    So, this is, of course, not new to 1.4.5
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  12. #92  
    My apologies if there is already another post about this, but I couldn't find one.

    Since updating to 1.4.5, I have had a strange problem when plugging my Sprint Pre into my computer.

    Upon seeing the typical USB Drive/Just Charge choices, neither of those buttons work. If I hit the center button in the gesture swipe area, it sets to charge as usual, but all of the buttons on the app launcher bar as well as any swipe action cease to work for as long as the phone is plugged into the computer's USB. Sometimes (only sometimes) if I slide the phone open I regain on-screen button functionality. But no matter what, I can't use the phone as a USB drive.

    I've tried everything I could think of. I've downloaded the "Emergency Fstab Fixer". I've restarted Luna. I restarted the computer. I even took the battery out of the phone and rebooted it. Nothing seems to work.

    Am I the only one having this problem? Any suggestions?

    Thanks!
  13. #93  
    it may be time for a trip to the doctor
    *~When I'm feeling down, I like to whistle. It makes the neighbor's dog run to the end of his chain and gag himself~*
  14. #94  
    maybe try the repair utility before an all out doc?
  15. #95  
    After updating to 1.4.5 Sprint, all my notes in my contacts have a lot of extra text and symbols. It is very hard to read my actual notes among all the extra symbols. Anyone else have this issue?
  16. kohn's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    #96  
    Yes. It's seems to be a lot of </b>. I checked my Outlook contact for bold or anything strange and saw nothing. I copied and pasted into notepad and deleted the contact to see if that fixed it.... it didn't.

    I guess a new bug....
    Palm Pilot III > V > Vx > m505 > Kyocera 6035 > Samsung i300 > i330 > i500 > Palm Treo 700P > 755P > Centro > and now (2) first day available Palm Pre's (Sprint)
  17. #97  
    Yeah, I'd really like to avoid the doctor at all costs.
  18. #98  
    My Pre has not started an automatic OTA update for 1.4.5. I do run the Uberkernal. Do you think because of this it won't automatically start the OTA update? Should I just update it on my own?
  19. #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by robapodaca View Post
    1. What is the bug you are experiencing? (As much detail as possible):

    NOTES Field in Contacts now displays html coding for each line break.

    After updating from 1.4.1.1 to 1.4.5 my contacts display funny. When opening a contact and looking at any NOTES for the contact, the notes display as continous text without any line breaks, but instead list the HTML coding for the line break as text. Here is an example:

    NOTES: Hours they are open are 0900-1730<br />Use main phone number and ask receptionist to transfer you to manager<br /><br />Manager's name is John Doe<br />

    What is funny about this is that when you EDIT the contact, the NOTES field displays correctly.

    2. What steps can you take to replicate the issue?

    After LUNA restart, Contacts still display wrong. Powering down & removing battery, Contacts still display wrong

    I even edited the default Contact for Account Information (*4) by adding a NEW NOTE and it displays each line break as HTML coding.

    Went to my wifes Palm Pre phone and added a NOTE on her contacts, and it displays wrong.

    Sounds like a CODING bug to me....

    Device information

    Device: Palm Pre
    Carrier: Sprint 2.5
    WebOS version: 1.4.5
    Prior webOS version: 1.4.1.1
    How did you update: via Wi-Fi and manually selecting "Updates".

    I do run PreWare with several patches, but the only patches concerning Contacts that I have are Additional Contact Labels (My wifes phone does NOT have this patch), SMS Tone per Contact

    Palm has logged this in its software issue tracking system. We endeavor to continuously improve our software quality and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are grateful to the community and will evaluate options based on customer feedback and software best practices.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  20. #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by lsuinhouston View Post
    My Pre has not started an automatic OTA update for 1.4.5. I do run the Uberkernal. Do you think because of this it won't automatically start the OTA update? Should I just update it on my own?
    The update isn't pushed out to all devices at once. It's pushed to devices over time. If you want to bypass that you can manually update by going to the update app.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions