Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    How long has 1.4.5 been taking for most people to download? I'm at work using the hospital's wifi and it still seems to be taking a long time.....
    It was very slow for the Pre last night. Took about 15 minutes to download and then another 25 or so to finish installing.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    It was very slow for the Pre last night. Took about 15 minutes to download and then another 25 or so to finish installing.
    You don't have to install it immediately after you download it, do you?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    mine was about as long as verwon.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Still doing that, huh? weeeird... Well, the 1.4.5 Doctor is available if you want to try and reload the OS. May be the best option (outside of the fact of reloading all apps/games/patches). Hmmmm
    Okay, I am not sure if this makes any sense, because it sure doesn't to me, but it appears to have been the theme I was using. It was the second thing I put back into my phone, last night, after I updated Govnah.

I was thinking of running the EPR, so I removed my theme first, as you are supposed to and I suddenly went to the normal boot screens.

I wonder if there is something in that theme that doesn't agree with 1.4.5?
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    You don't have to install it immediately after you download it, do you?
    No, there will be a little button at the bottom, replacing the download bar and it will say install on it, you can click it to install it, whenever you are ready.
    I should remember this stuff but it's been so long since we've had an OTA update the memory gets a little fuzzy.

I do remember that you can't use your phone or receive any calls while the installation is in progress. (Download's about 3/4 done BTW).
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    LOL! Can't blame you for forgetting!
    Okay, I am not sure if this makes any sense, because it sure doesn't to me, but it appears to have been the theme I was using. It was the second thing I put back into my phone, last night, after I updated Govnah.

I was thinking of running the EPR, so I removed my theme first, as you are supposed to and I suddenly went to the normal boot screens.

very possible... I always wait a bit to give the update a chance to 'equalize' and get stable before I add a theme on the device. Glad you were able to figure it out!

Any chance you could get a quick video of this happening? I'd love to see it.
    BTW...the focus of this text box response didn't stay with my typing. Again. Hmmm....
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    I updated to 1.4.5 this morning. Update went just fine. I noticed that my email notifications dont always work. I have to go into my email account on my pre, hit the refresh button and then the emails come in. Anyone else have this issue? i remember having the same problem with an update in the past, maybe 1.3.5?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    so did the sprint update fix the pdk bug? also those who have updated their PRE, is it really worth it? I'm thinking about just keeping 1.4.1.1 until a true update comes along...
    Ok - only one patch has failed me after the 1.4.5 update. The Animated backgrounds patch won't update, or allow itself to be removed. It was one of my favorite patches! What to do??
    I had this problem at RANDOM with the 1.4.1.1 patch. I personally dont think it has to do with the 1.4.5 patch. If you have email patches installed, I would remove them and reinstall them for a fresh start.
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    Any chance you could get a quick video of this happening? I'd love to see it.
    BTW...the focus of this text box response didn't stay with my typing. Again. Hmmm....
    Sorry, I've already fixed it and really had no way to get a video, anyway.

After removing the theme and seeing that it was working normally, again, I ran the EPR and let it remove everything. When that was done, I rebooted, reinstalled, then put my theme back in and now, it's fine!
    Quote Originally Posted by teejay69 View Post
    Ok - only one patch has failed me after the 1.4.5 update. The Animated backgrounds patch won't update, or allow itself to be removed. It was one of my favorite patches! What to do??
    warlord did make posts saying that it should be removed, before doing the update! He posted it in the thread that was warning what patches should be removed.

Have you tried redownloading, then uninstalling?

If you post in the thread for it, he will probably also have some ideas.
    I dotn have any email patches. I have 2 gmail account on my pre. Both are set to get email as it arrives. I have to hit the refresh button to get my emails. I deleted one of the accounts and added them again and the problem still occurs.
    And for anyone that is having a problem, you may want to try that. Update your saved packages list in Preware, then run the EPR and let it remove everything. Restart and then go back in and just reinstall all of it.
    I had this problem right after i updated. Pretty much...Do a battery pull. Wait for about 5-10mins and replace. Everything should be fine.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    do a soft reset. Worked fine after that
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Device: Pre
    Carrier: Sprint
    WebOS version: 1.4.5
    Prior webOS version: 1.4.1.1
    How did you update: OTA

I'm seeing two issues.
    • I'm seeing a LOT of hesitation- and that's being kind. My screen freezes for anywhere from 10sec to 1min. Sometimes I see quick "fast-forward" of the actions I've tried (gesture, tap, scroll, etc.) and sometimes it just starts up like nothing happened. This is happening all the time- very replicable.
    • Today, immediately after a call that ended in my house (where I have an Airave and a wireless router) I noticed that WiFi wouldn't connect. I still had the WiFi icon, but the WiFi preferences said it was OFF. When I tried to turn the toggle on, it moved to ON, but immediately went back to OFF. At that point, I noticed the the BT audio gateway was still open. I pressed the button on my BT headset, which immediately closed the connection. As soon as I did that, WiFi came back on. I haven't tried to replicate this yet.

Other than these two things, I'm digging this update.

Okeedokee. I think I found out what was happening with the first issue. Without wanting to get into any trouble, let's just say that I noticed the update made all of the mods that I usually make with Govnah no longer available. Looks like my F105 kernel isn't working with 1.4.5 yet.
    Last edited by Trident; 08/11/2010 at 08:36 PM.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789 14 ... LastLast