Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567 12 ... LastLast
    Yes it is on my Sprint Pre, make sure your running the latest version of Mobile Hotspot (.14) and Free Tether.
    Still working on Sprint! There's a thread already about this, started at 5:00am! Lol
    mine isn't working and I believe a few others are having issues as well. When I open Mobile Hotspot all I get is a blank white screen.

I am using v1.0.14
    I have had the 1.4.5 update for less then 1 day now and already see that HPalm did not make the battery better. Does anyone else have a different experience?
    thats weird ive updated to 1.4.5 on sprint and using the same version of mobile hotspot 1.0.14 and I just opened the application it works, as well as I just let a coworker connect to it just fine.
    palm pre 1.4.5 gsm (movistar) - none improvements in battery duration
    []
    Quote Originally Posted by jhol View Post
    palm pre 1.4.5 gsm (movistar) - none improvements in battery duration
    You have to belief ;-)
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    1.4.5 remove my entry in the passwd file making ssh no longer work. I only had to re-add the passwd line and ssh is fine. (One of the previous updates did this as well.) Extremely minor in the grand scheme of things...
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Is anyone else seeing issues with changing email signature? I have a gmail account which had a customized signature. I noticed after the update, it has defaulted back to the standard '-- Sent from my Palm Pre'. I can type in a new signature but after I swipe back it reverts to the default. The new one I type won't seem to stick.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Just a heads-up to (the most likely very few of) you who haven't updated to 1.4.5 yet and who like to edit your autocorrect dictionary....
    The 1.4.5 update reset mine! Took out my dozens, if not a hundred or two, of customized entries.

Luckily, I saved a Memo with all my own autocorrect entries. Unluckily, I will have to type them back up in the right format, and shove them into that text file. grumble grumble...
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I had to remove and reinstall both Mobile Hotspot and Freetether patches to stop seeing the "Sprint no likey you doing this" message.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wamiller View Post
    Is anyone else seeing issues with changing email signature? I have a gmail account which had a customized signature. I noticed after the update, it has defaulted back to the standard '-- Sent from my Palm Pre'. I can type in a new signature but after I swipe back it reverts to the default. The new one I type won't seem to stick.
    Do you have multiple email accounts setup? The signature is per account, not global.
    When I launch the wIRC app now all it says is waiting for plugin...

Anyone know anything about this?
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I think it uses your CDMA connection to verify you are a valid customer/device, then it lets you stream over whatever.

Question I asked in the 1.4.5 application thread - after the update I'm still at v1.5, but the changelog says we should be at v3 something. What version of Sprint TV are you all rocking post-1.4.5?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I had the same problem. It appears they have updated WebOS Doctor to 1.4.5 which is installing now...I hope.

I sure would like to know what caused it.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by intheory View Post
    Do you have multiple email accounts setup? The signature is per account, not global.
    Yes, I also have an Exchange account and I am seeing the issue on both accounts. If I go into email, select Preferences & Accounts, select either account, change signature, back swipe, changes are not saved. Am I missing something simple?
    Quote Originally Posted by marke5860 View Post
    I had the same problem. It appears they have updated WebOS Doctor to 1.4.5 which is installing now...I hope.

I sure would like to know what caused it.
    I just noticed too, but it downloads a .jnlp file instead of a .jar
    Things happen 90% of the time you should never get a failed install unless you pull the battery during the installation process, but that's not to say that something else couldn't go wrong in the process. It's hard to say what caused your phone to fail and reality is we may never know. The doctor will fix it (should) and that is a good thing, but if it doesn't work after that then let me know.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    how do you manually update the autocorrect file?
    i'm getting real tired of it changing "surprise" to "surprize" on me...
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Updated my Pre successfully to 1.4.5. Had 100 patches installed. Two patches did not work post upgrade, 1) PDF-Redux and, 2) Bypass-PIN.

Appreciate any feedback!!
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567 12 ... LastLast