Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516 LastLast
    Ever since my Webos 1.4.5 update, every time I try and run WebOS quick installer - tweaks, it informes me that i recently updated my webos and it asks if I'd like to transition patches to the new version. i say yes and 2 of the patches fail to transition. (contact-additional-content-labels and messaging-sms-tone-per-contact). Then it will not let me access the tweaks functionality. I've tried to remove these using preware and I get the same sort of error message. How can i remove these? How do i get access back to tweaks?
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    1) In Preware Saved Packages List, hit Update to make sure it has the current list of installed packages.

2) In Save/Restore, save the application data for Preware, just in case.

3) In Preware, run EPR

4) In Preware, run EFV to confirm everything is removed

5) Accept the webOS 1.4.5 update

6) In Preware, go to the Saved Packages List, and re-install the packages. Don't hit update, or it will clear your list.

7) If for some reason, the Saved Packages List is not there, you can restore it from Save/Restore.

-- Rod
    More details here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ta-update.html
    Thanks soo much for the info and the link... i'll get to work now! :>) appreciate your help!!!
    When I try to update my patches, it says there's an error with the ipkg log. then when I try to remove it, it won't let me. and when I try to install other patches, it says there's an error with the ipkg log. Ever since preware updated to 1.4.5. What's going on?
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Nice that you're still with us, HardBeatZ
    can anyone confirm if the mobile hotspot is still working after the 1.4.5 update or not?
    Quote Originally Posted by ohitsyouu View Post
    When I try to update my patches, it says there's an error with the ipkg log. then when I try to remove it, it won't let me. and when I try to install other patches, it says there's an error with the ipkg log. Ever since preware updated to 1.4.5. What's going on?

Sounds like you need the webOS Repair Utility.

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ty-v2-1-a.html

If that doesn't work for you, then a visit to The Doctor is in your near future.

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by lenco12 View Post
    can anyone confirm if the mobile hotspot is still working after the 1.4.5 update or not?
    Seems to be working fine for me.
    I resolved my email composing problem by running ERP and reinstalling various and sundry patches. The list of installed patches is different from the previous list as I took the reinstall opportunity to use some of the 'combo' patches.

Here is the updated list of my installed patches
    Code:
    palm-webos-device internal # ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps list_installed | grep patch
    org.webosinternals.patch - 2.5.9-4 - GNU Patch
    org.webosinternals.patches.add-onscreen-keyboard - 1.4.5-10 - Virtual Keyboard
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-catalog-show-app-details - 1.4.5-1 - Show App Details
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-catalog-show-download-count - 1.4.5-1 - Show Download Count
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher - 1.4.5-73 - Advanced Configuration for App Launcher
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-hide-amazon-mp3-app - 1.4.5-8 - Hide Amazon MP3 App
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-hide-musicplayer-app - 1.4.5-1 - Hide Musicplayer App
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-hide-vznav - 1.4.5-0 - Hide VZNav
    org.webosinternals.patches.browser-add-open-url-menu-option - 1.4.5-1 - Add Open URL Menu Option
    org.webosinternals.patches.browser-bookmarks-list-button - 1.4.5-1 - Bookmarks List Button
    org.webosinternals.patches.browser-change-number-of-bookmarks-on-startpage - 1.4.5-1 - Change Number of Bookmarks on Startpage
    org.webosinternals.patches.browser-gesture-click-open-in-new-card - 1.4.5-26 - Gesture Click Open In New Card
    org.webosinternals.patches.browser-multi-mod - 1.4.5-36 - Multi Mod
    org.webosinternals.patches.browser-new-card-button - 1.4.5-1 - New Card Button
    org.webosinternals.patches.browser-raise-image-resolution-limit - 1.4.5-1 - Raise Image Resolution Limit
    org.webosinternals.patches.browser-share-image-message-option - 1.4.5-1 - Share Image Message Option
    org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar - 1.4.5-66 - UberCalendar
    org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-wrap-location-field - 1.4.5-1 - Wrap Location Field
    org.webosinternals.patches.camera-improved-photo-naming-cimg - 1.4.5-1 - Improved Photo Naming CIMG
    org.webosinternals.patches.camera-simple-shutter-sound-off - 1.4.5-1 - Simple Shutter Sound Off
    org.webosinternals.patches.camera-video-camera-flashlight - 1.4.5-1 - Video Camera Flashlight
    org.webosinternals.patches.clock-alarm-daily-options - 1.4.5-1 - Alarm Daily Options
    org.webosinternals.patches.clock-more-default-snooze-times - 1.4.5-1 - More Default Snooze Times
    org.webosinternals.patches.clock-open-to-alarm-list - 1.4.5-1 - Open to Alarm List
    org.webosinternals.patches.clock-unhide-black-analog-theme - 1.4.5-1 - Enable Hidden Clock
    org.webosinternals.patches.contacts-additional-contact-labels - 1.4.5-8 - Additional Contact Labels
    org.webosinternals.patches.contacts-per-contact-call-rejection - 1.4.5-1 - Per-Contact Call Rejection
    org.webosinternals.patches.contacts-send-all-contacts-via-email - 1.4.5-1 - Send All Contacts via Email
    org.webosinternals.patches.contacts-swipe-to-delete - 1.4.5-1 - Swipe to Delete
    org.webosinternals.patches.email-email-mega-mix - 1.4.5-70 - Email Mega Mix
    org.webosinternals.patches.email-enable-landscape-email - 1.4.5-1 - Enable Landscape Email
    org.webosinternals.patches.google-maps-enable-verizon-agps-server-for-improved-gps - 1.4.5-1 - Enable Verizon aGPS Server for Improved GPS
    org.webosinternals.patches.google-maps-start-in-fullscreen - 1.4.5-1 - Start in Fullscreen
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-add-select-all-and-new-message - 1.4.5-1 - Add Select All and New Message
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-audio-video-attachments - 1.4.5-1 - Audio/Video Attachments
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-character-counter - 1.4.5-1 - Character Counter
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-compose-to-email - 1.4.5-1 - Compose to Email
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-enable-landscape-messaging - 1.4.5-1 - Enable Landscape Messaging
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-enable-personal-avatar - 1.4.5-0 - Enable Personal Avatar
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-enter-key-for-new-line - 1.4.5-1 - Enter Key for New Line
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-messaging-privacy - 1.4.5-1 - Messaging Privacy
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-new-card-per-convo - 1.4.5-1 - New Card per Convo
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-no-draft-text - 1.4.5-1 - No Draft Text
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-set-avatar-in-messaging-left-side - 1.4.5-30 - Set Avatar in Messaging Left Side
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-shorter-multi-text-header - 1.4.5-1 - Shorter Multi-Text Header
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-smiley-faces-in-symbol-box - 1.4.5-43 - smiley faces in symbol box
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-sms-prepend-fwd-when-forwarding - 1.4.5-1 - SMS Prepend Fwd When Forwarding
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-sms-tone-per-contact-v2 - 1.4.5-1 - SMS Tone per Contact v2
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-timestamps-builtin - 1.4.5-1 - Timestamps Builtin
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-total-message-count - 1.4.5-1 - Total Message Count
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-unlimited-recipients - 1.4.5-1 - Unlimited Recipients
    org.webosinternals.patches.misc-ad-blocker - 1.4.5-61 - Ad Blocker
    org.webosinternals.patches.misc-quiet-powerd-messages - 1.4.5-1 - Quiet powerd Messages
    org.webosinternals.patches.misc-unthrottle-download-manager - 1.4.5-1 - Unthrottle Download Manager
    org.webosinternals.patches.mojo-3000-autoreplace-words - 1.4.5-1 - 3000 Autoreplace Words
    org.webosinternals.patches.mojo-faster-card-animations-hyper-version - 1.4.5-1 - Faster Card Animations HYPER Version
    org.webosinternals.patches.mojo-reduce-drag-radius-15px - 1.4.5-4 - Reduce Drag Radius 15px
    org.webosinternals.patches.navigation-gps-fix-for-vz-navigator - 1.4.5-25 - GPS Fix for VZ Navigator
    org.webosinternals.patches.notifications-advanced-reset-options - 1.4.5-1 - Advanced Reset Options
    org.webosinternals.patches.notifications-just-charge-by-default - 1.4.5-1 - Just Charge By Default
    org.webosinternals.patches.pdf-viewer-pdf-redux - 1.4.5-1 - PDF Redux
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-big-callerid-yellow-size-30 - 1.4.5-1 - Big CallerID Yellow Size 30
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-call-duration-in-call-log - 1.4.5-1 - Call Duration in Call Log
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-call-history-during-call - 1.4.5-1 - Call History During Call
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-call-log-styling-mod - 1.4.5-1 - Call Log Styling Mod
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-close-slider-to-end-regular-phone-calls-only - 1.4.5-1 - Close Slider to End Regular Phone Calls Only
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-enable-usb-passthrough - 1.4.5-1 - Enable USB Passthrough
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-gps-diagnostic-additional-information - 1.4.5-1 - GPS Diagnostic Additional information
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-match-state-to-area-code - 1.4.5-1 - Match State to Area Code
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-no-auto-answer-upon-touchstone-removal - 1.4.5-1 - No Auto-Answer Upon Touchstone Removal
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-no-autodial-from-call-log - 1.4.5-1 - No Autodial from Call Log
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-no-missed-call-callback - 1.4.5-1 - No Missed Call Callback
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-open-to-call-log - 1.4.5-1 - Open to Call Log
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-phone-no-autoclose - 1.4.5-1 - Phone No AutoClose
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-power-button-ends-calls-except-speaker - 1.4.5-1 - Power Button Ends Calls Except Speaker
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-ringtone-for-unknown-callers - 1.4.5-1 - Ringtone for Unknown Callers
    org.webosinternals.patches.photos-preload-more-thumbnail-photos - 1.4.5-17 - Preload More Thumbnail Photos
    org.webosinternals.patches.screen-lock-enable-led-notifications - 1.4.5-0 - Enable LED Notifications
    org.webosinternals.patches.screen-lock-reduce-min-brightness-to-5 - 1.4.5-57 - Reduce Min Brightness to 5
    org.webosinternals.patches.tasks-new-task-auto-details - 1.4.5-1 - New Task Auto Details
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-am-pm-indicator-in-top-bar - 1.4.5-1 - AM-PM Indicator in Top Bar
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-battery-percent-as-icon - 1.4.5-1 - Battery Icon as Percent
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-date-as-carrier-string - 1.4.5-36 - Date As Carrier String
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-devicemenu-maxed-out-ultra - 1.4.5-70 - Devicemenu Maxed Out Ultra
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-gps-icon-on-top-bar - 1.4.5-1 - GPS Icon On Top Bar
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-increase-font-size-17-aqua - 1.4.5-1 - Increase Font Size 17 Aqua
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-ringer-switch-icon - 1.4.5-1 - Ringer Switch Icon
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework - 1.4.5-33 - System Menu Initial Framework
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-today-menu - 1.4.5-33 - System Menu Today Menu
    org.webosinternals.patches.universal-search-remove-google-country-redirect - 1.4.5-22 - Remove Google Country Redirect
    org.webosinternals.patches.universal-search-sms-icon-for-mobile-tagged-numbers-and-email - 1.4.5-57 - SMS icon for Mobile tagged numbers and Email
    org.webosinternals.patches.video-player-add-delete-buttons - 1.4.5-0 - Add Delete Buttons
    org.webosinternals.patches.video-player-edit-any-videos-metadata - 1.4.5-29 - Edit Any Videos Metadata
    org.webosinternals.patches.video-player-improved-edited-video-filenames - 1.4.5-31 - Improved Edited Video Filenames
    org.webosinternals.patches.video-player-share-larger-videos-via-email - 1.4.5-1 - Share Larger Videos Via Email
    org.webosinternals.patches.youtube-enable-landscape - 1.4.5-1 - Enable Landscape YouTube
    org.webosinternals.patches.youtube-hyperlinks-in-descripts - 1.4.5-1 - Hyperlinks in Descripts
    org.webosinternals.patches.youtube-video-downloads - 1.4.5-1 - Video Downloads
    org.webosinternals.speechd - 0.7.1-6 - Speech Dispatcher
    and an email composition screen shot:

After 1.4.5 Doc View won't scroll the file list once a file has been opened then closed. I have 20 files and when first launched, DocView will scroll the list. After a file is opened then closed the list no longer scrolls. Strange thing is my swipes to scroll don't seem to be recognized -- the file I happen to touch first is opened when I'm trying to swipe to scroll. I have to close then re-launch DocView.
    IDK if this is in here, I didn't see it on a search. But apps (free or purchased) installed AFTER 1.4.5 (VeriZon) will NOT auto restore to your device if you get a replacement. This is apparently not limited to PDK stuff either. I have had two replacements since the 1.4.5 update was released, and they don't come back. I have had to re-download all of them. IDK, lol
    Quote Originally Posted by copasetic View Post
    IDK if this is in here, I didn't see it on a search. But apps (free or purchased) installed AFTER 1.4.5 (VeriZon) will NOT auto restore to your device if you get a replacement. This is apparently not limited to PDK stuff either. I have had two replacements since the 1.4.5 update was released, and they don't come back. I have had to re-download all of them. IDK, lol

I Doctored my Pre a few times after 1.4.5 (and had added a couple apps here and there in between) and they all came back in. I'm with Sprint, though.

Were you activating your Palm Profile with the same mail address as you did standing in the store when you got your phone?

M.
    I am sure that i saw this posted on here, but i cannot find it now, so i am sorry if its a repost..
    After i updated my phone seems to be loading apps, txts, web sites, anything and everything slower and slower everyday.
    I have my phone set to restart everyday.
    Quote Originally Posted by misslarrew View Post
    I have my phone set to restart everyday.
    That could very well be the problem. It's in a constant state of starting everything "cold". It never gets a chance to cache anything and has to load ALL the back-end linked libraries for everything you start.

This is Linux, not Windows.

M.
    Oh okay, thanks. I am new to all this, and i had read that it was important to have it restart everyday thats why i downloaded the reboot scheduler, but i turned it off so i will see if that works. thanks for the help.
    Since my phone updated to 1.4.5 my mobile hot spot will now turn itself off if i shut my laptop. Is there a solution to this? Its annoying because generally my phone is charging in a different room.

Also, when I view pics and thumbnails on certain websites they appear blocky. It seems as if Verizon is now using some sort of compression software to increase mhs speeds.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Hi,

I used to be able to get good accuracy with the GPS in google maps using the GPS fix app, but since Verizon pushed out 1.4.5 I have never got good results. It never knows my exact location and it seems like it's using triangulation.

Has anybod else experienced this on Verizon?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Nobody has had this problem?

Should I take a couple of hours out of my day and go to Verizon?

I see people are talking about a possible class-action lawsuit, but the VZNavigator was a good work-around which I didn't mind having to do.
    People have had all sorts of issues on Verizon before AND after the 1.4.5 update. The commonality amongst the issues is it's unpredictableness. I doubt if spending a couple of hours at Verizon will help you, since they are not about to acknowledge there is a problem.

I refer you to the mother of VZW gps-fix thread for a full ongoing discussion on the issues:
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...p-catalog.html
    So my pixi has crashed now 4 times after I installed the 1.4.5 update. Anybody know why?
    it just doesnt make any progress downloading apps nor upgrades, and it disables a functioning app from working while it is failing to upgrade them. this, of course, is only in regard to apps downloaded, or attempted, from the Palm app catalog official app that comes with the webOS.