Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stevemarshall76 View Post
    I am having problems loading patches back on after the update. I get the following error message:

Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl --create-dirs --insecure --location --fail --show-error --output /media/internal/.developer/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher BLAH BLAH followed by the name of the patch

I'm trying to reinstall patches that shouldn't have been affected by the update but i'm wondering if i should remove and reinstall preware to see if that fixes it.

new games such as Tilestorm worked just fine when installing

any thoughts?

I had some issues with a couple of "safe" patches too, which seemed to be due to these patches not playing nice with other patches. One problematic patch was "name launcher pages". It failed to update after 1.4.5. When I tried to remove patch by Preware, that also failed. Hard rebooting did not solve the problem.

How I resolved the issue was by first removing a related patch "Enable add/delete pages", did a LUNA reset, then Preware was able to remove successfully "Name launcher pages".

I still have problem with one patch "Data in Device Menu". While it updated successfully after 1.4.5, along with the other Device Menu patches, it is now stuck and I cannot remove it. I decided that I no longer want this option now that I am running Mode Switcher profiles, but several attempts with Preware failed in deleting the patch. I suspect that I can remove it only after I first remove some other Device Menu patches, but so far it has not been worth my effort to try. Related issue also for GPS toggle on Device Menu, but it's because I cannot install it.
    my issue seems to only affect certain patches. ( 4x4 icons patch no longer works, hide quick launch) these two are the only ones i really checked however they were both from the same author. themes seem to do just fine although when i removed them, in some cases, the icons stayed the theme style. just some little things here and there
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    I get an error message when I attempt to open pdf files. I've tried all the files on the device and none of them open now. Does anyone know if there's a fix for this? I don't have any patches installed. Thanks for any and all input.
    <<merged threads>>
    Palm has logged this in its software issue tracking system. We endeavor to continuously improve our software quality and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are grateful to the community and will evaluate options based on customer feedback and software best practices.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    I would like a brand new Sprint Pre so I can test this on more than one device
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Removed all patches with Preware.
    Ran Update to 1.4.5.

Used Preware Save Package List to install all patches.
    Everyone worked except UberCalendar.

Getting this error when trying to install:

Error 3 out of 4 hunks failed.

Tried going into developer mode. Same problem.
    Tried using WebOS Quick Install.
    Telling me error part of the patch is still there, can't install.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Ezrabrooks51
    Ezrabrooks is my fav bourbon.
    $51 was the fine for underage drinking.
    I'd like a new tablet to test this on for Palm. I'm here to help!
    Even with all the AUPT features, the safest way (and Best advice) is to remove ALL patches, kernels, and kernel modules before updating. I think Rod posted something like this a while back, but everybody is relying on AUPT to work correctly, and as we know nothing works 100% of the time. In my experience, doing it this way saves you a ton of hassle later if things go wrong.

The cliff notes for what to do BEFORE the update are:
    1) Run Preware and UPDATE the SAVED PACKAGES LIST (this saves a list of all your installed patches, programs, etc.)
    2) Run Save/Restore & save/backup data (just in case you accidentally erase the Preware Saved Packages List later).
    3) Run Preware and remove any Themes & Scrims, Restart Luna
    4) Run Preware and go to AVAILABLE PACKAGES, LINUX APPLICATION, UTILITIES, select EMERGENCY PATCH RECOVERY and run it. This will run a script that removes ALL PATCHES at once. It may take a while if you have a lot of patches installed.
    5) Restart phone when prompted
    6) Optional: Run Preware and run EMERGENCY FILE VERIFICATION (also in Linux Application). This verifies all files were successfully returned to stock.
    7) Install the WebOS update...

After the OS update is installed, & phone is operational again after rebooting:
    1) Run Preware, update feeds (necessary to get the patch feeds to load from the correct v1.4.5 repository, otherwise you won't see patches for your correct OS version, and hopefully you have all the feeds named correctly so it does this automatically)
    2) In Preware, go to SAVED PACKAGES LIST to load the saved list of all patches that were on your phone prior to the update, from step 1 above (do NOT hit update, or this will erase your old saved list, and over write with whats currently on your phone, i.e. nothing!!!)
    3) At this time, you can re-load the patches manually, or by hitting INSTALL ALL. I prefer to do it one at a time, simply going through the Saved Package List myself, trying to be cautious about the order. This makes it easier to see what causes a problem by installing one at a time.

Updating patches run into the errors in above posts when a file is either mangled, not put back to stock properly, or partially updated, etc. If the checksum doesn't match, then you can't remove a patch to put the file back to stock, and if you can't update it you're stuck. Doing the above process puts everything back to stock to the update will install correctly, then you re-install all patches cleanly.
    Last edited by 4wheels; 09/15/2010 at 01:51 PM.
    Make sure you have removed all Calendar patches, i.e. Ones that extend snooze times etc.
    I downloaded WebOS 1.4.5 for Verizon Pre Plus and installed it successfully. Then my PDF view crashed often, I couldn't send a PDF attachment via email, and the Smart Inbox wasn't available even though the setting was ON in preferences. I did Erase Apps & Data, and that allowed me to send PDF attachments via email, but the other problems persisted. Then I ran Webos Doctor successfully but that didn't fix the problems. So now the PDF view still crashes often and the Smart Inbox is still not available even though the setting was ON in preferences. I chatted with Tech Support and they had me sent the log to the engineers. The Tech Support guy thought that the problems were due to the WebOs 1.4.5 update, and Palm might need to release a patch. Does anybody have similar issues?

PS: I also have the bug in Note under Contact
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Palm has logged this in its software issue tracking system. We endeavor to continuously improve our software quality and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are grateful to the community and will evaluate options based on customer feedback and software best practices.
    Thanks HB! Your presence on these forums is fantastic, and much appreciated!!
    I was one of the folks that didn't learn from other people's lessons so I've had the opportunity to go to the school of hard knocks for my 1.4.5 migration.

The good news is that this thread and others provided great advice on how to recover ... it probably would have gone even better if I had remembered NOT to hit Update in the Saved Packages List after I ran EPR. (DOH!!) Not sure if that mistake contributed to this patch problem or not (the only one I've found so far).

While the "Enable Verizon aGPS Server" was the only patch on the "must remove before OTA" list I had installed when I migrated to 1.4.5 I ended up with several patches that were "broken". After running EPR and EFV I could reinstall all the patches I use ... except this one. The patch shows up in Preware but when I try to install it I get the following error meesage:

----------------
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.google-maps-enable-verizon-agps-server-for-improved-gps.postinst 2>&1
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.crotest/app/controllers/gps-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

----------------

It doesn't show up in my installed packages but just to be sure I've since run EPR and EFV again, restored the patches quickly (since I didn't hit Update this time) and it still returns the above error.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    This is an ATT pre plus bought in June. At the beginning I did not appreciate the lack of support for Distiller 4.0 with the pdf reader in the phone. Pretty lame and cheap if you ask me. Every Blackberry on the planet has support for all adobe version distillers and therefor can display pdf files NO PROBLEM.

Before the update I could open and zoom in and out just fine with any pdf file created with 5.0-7.0 distillers. The problem is this phone only supports back to 5.0 distiller.

ANYWAY last night I see that the update is out.........so i load it then find out basically my pdfs are not readable anymore because when i try to zoom in i get the RENDER ERROR.

That is if the file opens at all. So the pdf file may still open using the latest adobe distiller to create the PDF ............BUT THE NEW UPDATE TO THE PHONE now kills the zoom ability of the pdf viewer causing the render error.

With all the documented threads and bringing attention about for the last several several months PALM has really let us down. The we are tracking the problem and doing something reaction to this problem is ALMOST A YEAR OLD. I want results, not excuses and empty promises. Its time to deliver a solution months ago not send out an update THAT HAS TOTALLY BROKEN PDF VIEWING ON THIS PHONE. Can you hear me?

Since I work in the technology and document industry. ( I am an office system dealer technician )

My guess is that Palm/ HP either doesn't care about the problem.
    2. Is refusing to pay Adobe license fees to really end all of the problems.
    3. Is just another greedy corporation who is failing its customers for whatever reason.

I mean seriously, i have to pick at least one of those at this point. Anyone else up on the problem ( alot of people are ) has to admit and see the clear failure of Palm / HP. The questions and dancing around the problem days are long gone and I have only been dealing with this for ....THREE ENTIRE MONTHS. I must be a complete rocket scientist by now to know so much.

I really really dont like to write this kind of crap in forums. I tend to use forums to ask questions and find solutions to problem every work day of my life and am taking NO PLEASURE in writing this now. But this is Huge fiasco and a glaring example of what is wrong with the cell phone industry. No, like Steve said the industry isn't perfect. Especially electronics. However, those who want to care and solve problems ....... DO solve problems. Just like I do everyday at my job. Why hasn't Palm/ Hp done the job to create/ restore / improve a SIMPLE pdf viewer in this very expensive consumer device the demands a commitment of $2400 in service charges and a 2 year contract??? THIS IS A CLEAR FAILURE. Its really a shame that huge American company's can come up with good ideas sometimes, then when its time to follow though and take care of the customer. Its all just a joke or a blame game. Or, just another question for clarification of the problem.

http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...explained.html
    Last edited by Motorhead777#WN; 09/15/2010 at 05:30 PM.
    Still can't get UberCalendar to install or remove after 1.4.5 udpate. It is the only patch I am having trouble with.

I ran EPR. Luna restart. Then tried putting just UberCalendar back on thru Preware - no dice. Hunks failure.

Tried installing thru WebOS Quick Install and I get this:

Error:
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume - R? [n]
    Apply anyway [n]?
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored.

I really don't want to doctor the phone, so any help would be of help.

Thanks!
    Ezrabrooks51

Quote Originally Posted by Ezrabrooks51 View Post
    Removed all patches with Preware.
    Ran Update to 1.4.5.

Used Preware Save Package List to install all patches.
    Everyone worked except UberCalendar.

Getting this error when trying to install:

Error 3 out of 4 hunks failed.

Tried going into developer mode. Same problem.
    Tried using WebOS Quick Install.
    Telling me error part of the patch is still there, can't install.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Ezrabrooks51
    Ezrabrooks is my fav bourbon.
    $51 was the fine for underage drinking.
    Re: No sounds in test.
    I have the same issue but did not revert back to a previous version. I also have/had the headset issue resolved when I put the headset in and removed it during a call. I would not be surprise if the bug returned, though.
    Visor->650->Pre
    3D games are crashing left and right on my Pre.

How about you guys?

Having any trouble with games and 1.4.5?
    PSN:KlutchScope
    Xbox Gamertag:KlutchScope
    Follow me on Twitter
    AT&T|Palm Pre Plus

"Fact, bears, beets, BattleStar Galactica."- From "The Office", Jim impersonating Dwight
    get the save/restore app and you can save game data on alot of different games.

not having any trouble with 3d games either
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    For some reason WebOS Quick Install doesn't detect my Pre so i can't get preware on there

So you're not having trouble with Asphalt 5?
    PSN:KlutchScope
    Xbox Gamertag:KlutchScope
    Follow me on Twitter
    AT&T|Palm Pre Plus

"Fact, bears, beets, BattleStar Galactica."- From "The Office", Jim impersonating Dwight
    You most likely need to install the Fstab Fixer. Read the following thread and you will most likely find this fixes the issue of your games not working:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ta-update.html

As for the WOSQI issue, make sure you have Novacom installed. Open up WOSQI and go to File> Options> Attempt Novacom (re)installation.