Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 LastLast

That about says it all. Take a look at the System Load.

After my update to 1.4.5 everything was fine. I decided to Doctor for 1.4.5 since it'll probably b the last in the 1.x series and I thought I'd leave it with clean slate for 2.0 update.

Boy was that a mistake.

I have GMail set on IMAP. I have disabled *ALL* features to strip it down as much as possible to rule out something funky by them (single vs. double arrows, disabled chat, etc.).

I had just over 1400 mails in my Sent items so I though that might be too much for it (even though I never had a problem before the Doctor of 1.4.5) and broke them up into years. That didn't help. I have 14 "folders" in GMail. None contain over ~300 (now that I broke up Sent Items). I have only ~380Meg in GMail.

If I remove my GMail (ONLY MAIL - Leaving Calendar and Contacts) this issue goes away. I have it set for "As Items Arrive" but even if I set it to an hour, I still have this.

This is 100% reproducible. If I remove the MAIL account, it goes away, the MINUTE I put it back, this happens.

I have removed my mail account, deleted my Palm backup and Doctored from that empty profile and it STILL does this.

This also happens after a 100% clean Doctoring - adding NOTHING. Fresh after the Doctor (and profile sign in), I add my GMail account and this happens.

I have tried to set up my GMail account as an IMAP account instead of the built-in GMail (yes, I know it's the same thing, I'm just trying to rule out a bug in the auto-config) and see the same issue.

This is killing my battery. I have to (just about) leave it plugged in all day or it'll be dead by noon. I took the screen shot above at 7:02 in the morning and it had been unplugged only about 15 minutes and it had already dropped to 93%!

I have Doctored my phone 5 times since last Friday (09-03-2010).

Any ideas?

HELP?

M.
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 09/09/2010 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Typos
    So I see the tweet saying that Glow Hocky is on sale. But it needs 1.4.5 so I'm out of luck. I <3 Verizon and Palm!!!
    Well today I've celebrated update firware 1.4.5 for verizon Pre Plus

but I the update process for patches on preware not as smooth as I expected.

I got 2 patches on preware that can't be update nor remove, and because of these 2 annoying patches, I can't do auto update patch by click update all.
    The update process will stuck on those patches and stop right there. So I need manually update the patches on my pre plus one by one

The 2 patches are: GestureClick Context Menu & Named Pages in the Launcher.
    These patches will give me IPKG Log error both if I click Remove or update.

so anyway to clean this messed patches from my pre, so for future update I hope not manually update my patches one by one again?

Many thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    Well today I've celebrated update firware 1.4.5 for verizon Pre Plus

but I the update process for patches on preware not as smooth as I expected.

I got 2 patches on preware that can't be update nor remove, and because of these 2 annoying patches, I can't do auto update patch by click update all.
    The update process will stuck on those patches and stop right there. So I need manually update the patches on my pre plus one by one

The 2 patches are: GestureClick Context Menu & Named Pages in the Launcher.
    These patches will give me IPKG Log error both if I click Remove or update.

so anyway to clean this messed patches from my pre, so for future update I hope not manually update my patches one by one again?

Many thanks!
    prolly should have started here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ta-update.html
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    I have 3 patches that won't update:

muffle system logging
    gesture click open in new card
    4 x 4 icons v5

I am an ***** and did not remove them prior to the update.

Anything I can do to get rid of these?
    Everything went smoothly until I tried to update packages in preware. Error unreversed patch detected. 11 of 11 hunks failed. I removed multi-mod and Verizon gps fix patches. Also removed theme. I've been through a few themes so I'm guessing that's the culprit.
    What should I do next? EPR?
    Does it normally take a while to download? I have been waiting about 10 minutes now.
    Yeah, it's not downloading but deleting all the patches. Once it's done, it'll remove itself and prompt you to a luna restart.
    'til we meet again.
    THL
    Great. Thanks!
    I too have fallen victim to the update - plenty of patches failed, none of which were in the incompatibility list. I removed all patches hoping to rectify by reinstalling. PreWare is erroring on a lot of the downloads - cannot execute command error. Quite surprised. What's the solution? I can't even get Uberkernel, though somehow Govnah DLs fine.
    Don't forget about Save/Restore...
    Found it - updated feeds in PreWare. Fixed the download issue.
    One problem which I haven't sourced though resolved by removing all patches was that I couldn't text anyone after the 1.4.5 update. Anyone nail down the causitive patch?
    I just installed the update, but stupid me I didnt remove the patches first. It installed just fine. Started up....

I had a roamtoggle app that I tried...It turned off the cell service all together, then I closed the app and the service came back for a min, then I deleted the app because it was worthless and now I dont have any service at all. I go outside, I move around, I cant get service anywhere. I think its dead now.

Because I am at work I cant use the doctor, and I cant connect to diagnos. I either have to wait until I get home tonight to screw with it, or bring it to the store to reboot it at lunch.

Crap!

EDIT: Never mind....just foudn out how to put it back to automatic and not roam. Got service and everything seems to be ok. Feeewwww
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Word to the wise: DO NOT STOP THE 1.4.5 UPDATE ONCE IT HAS STARTED.

I started the download of 1.4.5, and then remembered that I was supposed to remove certain patches prior to updating. I stopped the download before it had really gotten anywhere, and fired up preware and removed all the patches. When I restarted Luna, I got a screen saying that I was signed out of my Palm account, and that I could either reboot, or erase all the data one my phone (with buttons that were dangerously close together). I chose to reboot, and when webOS came back up, it asked me to sign in to all my accounts again. I did that, and when webOS finally finished loading, all my downloaded apps and customizations were gone! Arrgh. I am relieved that all my photos and videos are still there (the filesystem seems intact), but I'm going to have to go install all of my 120 apps/patches again. Oh Bother!

Oh, and my battery is draining like a racehorse going pee pee.
    Quote Originally Posted by noahisaac View Post
    Word to the wise: DO NOT STOP THE 1.4.5 UPDATE ONCE IT HAS STARTED.

I started the download of 1.4.5, and then remembered that I was supposed to remove certain patches prior to updating. I stopped the download before it had really gotten anywhere, and fired up preware and removed all the patches. ...
    Forgive me if I am mistaken. Downloading of the 1.4.5 is not the same as updating. After downloading is complete, you should still see a screen asking if you are ready to install along with a warning that it will take an uninterrupted 15 minutes or so. You should have an option to decline installation, and go remove all your patches before you start install.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Forgive me if I am mistaken. Downloading of the 1.4.5 is not the same as updating. After downloading is complete, you should still see a screen asking if you are ready to install along with a warning that it will take an uninterrupted 15 minutes or so. You should have an option to decline installation, and go remove all your patches before you start install.
    That's what I thought, too! All I did was start the 1.4.5 download and then stop it, and blammo - all apps gone, all authentication info gone, most preferences gone. Pretty sucky.
    This post has the instructions on how to restore patches that fail with 1.4.5.

I managed to restore two patches on my Pre Plus

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ta-update.html
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by jhodnettejr View Post
    Well maybe I miss that one, because so far I found lots of feedback have no problem with the AUPT.

I hope the patch author can fix this ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    This post has the instructions on how to restore patches that fail with 1.4.5.

I managed to restore two patches on my Pre Plus

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ta-update.html
    Are those steps on that manual will delete all patches and start from scratch?

Edit: never mind... I think I start to understand how they works
    Last edited by The Bard; 09/14/2010 at 10:43 AM.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    My Pre seems to take much longer to turn on than it did before 1.4.5. When I pressed the power button the screen would turn on almost immediately. Since 1.4.5 the turn on time is variable and can take upwards of 5 sec.
    Quote Originally Posted by noahisaac View Post
    That's what I thought, too! All I did was start the 1.4.5 download and then stop it, and blammo - all apps gone, all authentication info gone, most preferences gone. Pretty sucky.
    I think something went terribly wrong when you interrupted the download process, but the issue was not related to 1.4.5 per se.

I successfully downloaded 1.4.5 early this morning. Then, like you, remembered that I probably should remove a couple of questionable patches. However, unlike you, I let the download proceed to completion. Then I declined the go ahead to install. I removed the patches a few hours later, and performed a luna-restart (actually I simply rebooted). After rebooting, I installed 1.4.5.