Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
    I have 1.4.5 on sprint's palm pre. What i have noticed is that at times the app becomes unresponsive (for example scoop or messenger). And when clicked, it simply flickers but doesn't do anything else. I have uber K installed. I reboot the phone and it starts working fine again. Didn't see this with 1.4.1.1. any input? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Seems the camera totally stops working and all media will not play. If you launch the camera app you get a black screen.

If you launch the music app, the songs just scroll by the screen on there own, like a ghost is flipping by the music and nothing will play.

I'm almost certain now that there is something really wrong with 1.4.5 and not enough people have made the connection, so I'm trying to see if anyone else is having the same issue
    Yup, me too (on a Pixi), as I've described in another thread. Ringtones wouldn't play, and the camera said "Unable To Take Picture". Doctoring the phone didn't help, and neither did a Sprint-led soft- or hard-reset. Today, Sprint gave me a new one to replace it, and I updated to 1.4.5 over the air just fine. Everything is working perfectly.
    Has anyone else experienced this? It can't be just me. :-)
    Are you overclocking?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    when something like this happens to me I try little things like,clearing my text history,phone history,,go to web browser and clear cookies,cach,history, and my phone is set to auto reboot every night while I am sleeping using pre set reset app. Sometimes all it takes is the little things.
    I have noticed that after the 1.4.5 update there seems to be a bug that affects some phones for unknown reasons. I have a Sprint Pre and was having speaker issues. I went in to use the built-in interactive audio tests on the phone because in the past running this test fixed a stuck headset issue for me. When it ran it with 1.4.5 installed the test appeared to run but produced no sound during the test from either of the speakers. I only ran the phone and speakerphone tests. I know it worked when I still had 1.4.1.1 installed. I doctored from 1.4.5 back to 1.4.1.1 just to test this out. With no patches installed and with 1.4.1.1 reinstalled the tests run fine, producting the test tones. To further test, updated back to 1.4.5 and the tests no longer produce sound. I have brought this up to Palm tech support. Not sure if they are aware of this or just didn't want to say for sure. Could just be that the support guy I talked to was not aware of it.
    I have seen other posts concerning this issue even a few post from Pixi owners that are having similar issues.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    update on the wifi issue. I tried toubleshooting with Palm support on the phone and on the internet for a few hours this week. No one seemed to have any idea what I was talking about, so I don't think its an issue that they have gotten a lot of reports about. Its weird, I still cannot connect to the WPA2 Enterprise wifi in most places on campus, but every once in a while in one particular building it will get a connection and then its good until I go to another building. most of the time it still doesn't work, and it certainly doesn't work most places. its weird. anyone found anything that works?
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    My bookmarks made it through the update and I just tested saving a new bookmark without a problem. No problems here.
    Quote Originally Posted by olidie View Post
    All my ookmarks are missing. Phone not saving new bookmarks since 1.4.5. I'm I alone with this issue?
    I'm having the same issue on my Pre since the latest update. I've lost all my bookmarks and when I try to add a bookmark then go to my bookmark list, it is still empty.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    After another afternoon spent with Palm Level 2 tech support, I have identified the problem with WPA2 Enterprise WiFi that a few of us have experienced. It was actually coincidental to the 1.4.5 update (although perhaps it was exacerbated by the update).

The problem is that my university updated its network and my phone requires a certificate to log in to the wifi. I confirmed this with our IT department, and indeed the network change on campus matches the time frame of my issue and my symptoms are similar to the fires they have been putting out around campus since they changed the network (and students returned to campus).

Palm support told me to request the following:
    "DER encoded binary X.509(.CER)" format. then ask them how many certificates do they have. You need to ask for the ROOT CERTIFICATE AND INTERMEDIATE CERTIFICATE.
    from my IT department. They said that sounded right and promised to get the certificates (they now have multiple around campus) out to me as soon as they can.

Obviously at the moment I have not been able to confirm that this fixes it, but the coincidence of information from Palm support and from my campus IT now overshadows the coincidence between the update and the issue. Anyone who has this issue should try talking to their IT and asking for the above certificates.

To install them (I haven't done this, I am just repeating what I was told by Palm support):

1. Put them in your USB drive.
    2. Go to Device Information, open the Certificate Manager in the upper left menu.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Sprint Palm Pre, webOS 1.4.5. Alarms set in the default clock app are going off 1 minute early and then again at the correct time. For example, my weekends only 9:30am alarm went off at 9:29am this morning, and after I dismissed it, it went off again at 9:30am. My normal weekdays only 8:30am alarm also goes off at 8:29am and again at 8:30am. Did not happen in 1.4.1.1.

I have tried changing the time, adding a new alarm, deleting the old alarm, and rebooting the phone, nothing affects it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Are you overclocking?
    Yes I am overclocking. Latest Uber1G. Screenstate 500/800.
    I have seen this. Only with PDK apps and onlty if I underclock (anything below 500). I have not seen it at 500+. (uberk)
    so I had issues with installing new apps patches and even games. It would say error after starting to download. Couldn't update anything without error. I go to preware and try to install a patch n it would just keep processing n loading for eternity till I would have to close preware cause it would loc up. Now 1.4.5 came out and I accidentally installd it on a charge and my phone is wacked out now..half my patches are gone. I don't really hav internet at home..just on my phone. I have the old doctor n quick install on my laptop still but hasn't been updated in months(7 or so). I try to download a game and a menu pops up and sais an error occurred. System must restart before installing. So I do over n over n still no change..want to start all over but not sure if I can without internet. I can't save contacts t email cuz my patch is gone. Help help help!!!
    i have a sprint pre and have never had this problem before. i have doctored 4 times to remedy it....nope didnt fix it.

problem:

i can send txt messages to my current contacts but when i add a new contact and i go to send them a txt message as soon as i hit the little airplane to send it that icon disappears and the txt never goes through nor can i receive txts from those contacs. if i doctor, it does fix the issue until i add another new contact then the problem repeats itself with that contact. this is highly annoying and have not had this problem prior to 1.4.5. maybe someone knows a fix? and i have removed all patches from my phone
    *~When I'm feeling down, I like to whistle. It makes the neighbor's dog run to the end of his chain and gag himself~*
    Quote Originally Posted by djetude View Post
    so I had issues with installing new apps patches and even games. It would say error after starting to download. Couldn't update anything without error. I go to preware and try to install a patch n it would just keep processing n loading for eternity till I would have to close preware cause it would loc up. Now 1.4.5 came out and I accidentally installd it on a charge and my phone is wacked out now..half my patches are gone. I don't really hav internet at home..just on my phone. I have the old doctor n quick install on my laptop still but hasn't been updated in months(7 or so). I try to download a game and a menu pops up and sais an error occurred. System must restart before installing. So I do over n over n still no change..want to start all over but not sure if I can without internet. I can't save contacts t email cuz my patch is gone. Help help help!!!
    Simple solution for you would be to download the newest Doctor version and Doctor your device. Before running the Doctor be sure to perform a Full Erase on the device. This will give you a completely fresh version of 1.4.5 and you should be good after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by david7598 View Post
    i have a sprint pre and have never had this problem before. i have doctored 4 times to remedy it....nope didnt fix it.

problem:

i can send txt messages to my current contacts but when i add a new contact and i go to send them a txt message as soon as i hit the little airplane to send it that icon disappears and the txt never goes through nor can i receive txts from those contacs. if i doctor, it does fix the issue until i add another new contact then the problem repeats itself with that contact. this is highly annoying and have not had this problem prior to 1.4.5. maybe someone knows a fix? and i have removed all patches from my phone
    Try running the Repair Utility and see if this helps. Be sure to read the first page of that thread to see how to set it for your purpose. Hopefully this will help resolve the issue. If that doesn't work, back up your device and run a Full Erase on your device and then run the Doctor. The 'full erase' will help clear out everything so you get a truly fresh doctor process.
    Quote Originally Posted by TRoss View Post
    After another afternoon spent with Palm Level 2 tech support, I have identified the problem with WPA2 Enterprise WiFi that a few of us have experienced. It was actually coincidental to the 1.4.5 update (although perhaps it was exacerbated by the update).

The problem is that my university updated its network and my phone requires a certificate to log in to the wifi. I confirmed this with our IT department, and indeed the network change on campus matches the time frame of my issue and my symptoms are similar to the fires they have been putting out around campus since they changed the network (and students returned to campus).

Palm support told me to request the following: from my IT department. They said that sounded right and promised to get the certificates (they now have multiple around campus) out to me as soon as they can.

Obviously at the moment I have not been able to confirm that this fixes it, but the coincidence of information from Palm support and from my campus IT now overshadows the coincidence between the update and the issue. Anyone who has this issue should try talking to their IT and asking for the above certificates.

To install them (I haven't done this, I am just repeating what I was told by Palm support):

1. Put them in your USB drive.
    2. Go to Device Information, open the Certificate Manager in the upper left menu.
    That's a little different than the problem Sleepybubba and I have. I already had a certificate installed for the WiFi network. I actually reinstalled it just in case the upgrade corrupted the old cert to no avail.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    After doing the minimal logging mod a few months ago my keyboard was working great. No double keystrokes and very few missed ones. Since updating to 1.4.5 the keyboard lag has become much worse. It often takes a second for the keystroke to register and many times it doesn't register at all

It seems to be app dependent too. Some apps respond well, others don't. The Crosswords app is one of the worst offenders, but it worked well before 1.4.5. Anybody else notice this behavior?

(P.S. No patches or home-brew of any kind on my Sprint Pre.)
    Yup...Same here. i just live with it. And the crack i found today.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    I installed 1.4.5 on my stock Verizon Pixi Plus yesterday. Initially had issues with Mobile Hotspot which VZW Tech Support helped me resolve. Now, I can't get Exchange to push contacts to my phone or send e-mail out from my phone (but do get mail pushed to my phone. Any suggestions?
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast